Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it normal that parent sims can shout with forbidden words to their children?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hi, I have 2 teens in my family. One of them is having 'mean streak' phase. My household traveled Jungle, and the son with mean streak yelled at his father sim in the jungle. The father sim got 'hurt' sentiment towards his son. He disciplined firmly to his son, and I thought it could be the end of that situation. Suddenly, the father sim was about to yell at his son, and I stopped him. I understood this situation because the father sim can be very upset at his son. But..a minute later, he was preparing to yell at his wife... with no reason. I used reset object to stop that situation. She has never had any argument with her husband. She is having 'smitten' sentiment towards her husband. If he shouts at her, her heart will be broken. Is the father sim's behavior a feature in Parenting pack? I'm seriously considering of inactivating Parenting pack if it is.

Comments

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    What was the sim's emotion at the time? Tensed/stressed/angry/etc will tend to trigger certain behaviors. But at most my sims will usually just shout forbidden words in frustration in general and not towards anyone specific. Does he have any negative sentiments towards the wife (I know you said she's smitten but he can have different ones)? Knowing his traits might also help.

The father yelling at the son makes sense if he still has the hurt sentiment (that will take a certain amount of time of keeping the sims away from each other to avoid them accidentally making it worse, or apologizing a few times). But I don't understand why he would at the wife.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    What was the sim's emotion at the time? Tensed/stressed/angry/etc will tend to trigger certain behaviors. But at most my sims will usually just shout forbidden words in frustration in general and not towards anyone specific. Does he have any negative sentiments towards the wife (I know you said she's smitten but he can have different ones)? Knowing his traits might also help.

The father yelling at the son makes sense if he still has the hurt sentiment (that will take a certain amount of time of keeping the sims away from each other to avoid them accidentally making it worse, or apologizing a few times). But I don't understand why he would at the wife.

Yes I understand he still has 'hurt' sentiment towards his son, but he doesn't have any negative sentiment towards his wife. Jayce and Vin are sons. Sunjin is mother and Roy is father. Sunjin and Roy are a married couple.

2.jpg
    This is his son's profile.

3.jpg
    This is his father's profile. He doesn't have any hurt sentiment towards his daddy. But he shouted with forbidden words to his daddy from mean streak phase.

Also there's no option of apologize interaction at all. I don't know what to do. When will this be gone? Oh I forgot to say that the father's emotion was very confident when he was about to yell at his wife. I think the Tense emotion can be hidden or not shown by Carefree trait.

Post edited by Jeansoo on
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    What are the traits for all three sims?

Control the son, (and as the son) click the father and look into all social options, specifically friendly category. "Beg Forgiveness" (not apologize, my bad) SHOULD be on there.

It'll go away in time (I don't know how long). But you have to keep the sims occupied/away from one another so they don't fight again and reset the timer. It might be good to turn off autonomous stuff for a bit. If you leave autonomy on, I recommend at least turning it off for the sim you're currently controlling. And of your household, be more careful about the father & son because the son is a risk for starting stuff with either parents cause of the mean streak, but the father's mood is gonna plummet every time he sees his son while he's got the sentiment and it may prompt him to autonomously yell at his son starting the whole thing again.

The sentiment WILL go away in time but you really have to make sure they don't fight again. Apologizing/beg forgiveness will help speed it along.

As far as the whole dad yelling at the wife, it could've honestly just been an autonomous action done selected cause the sim was in a bad mood. Personally, I find that once an action has been introduced to a sim they tend to repeat it more autonomously if left to their own devices so you may just want to spam some flirty/friendly stuff to kind of give the AI something else to focus on. I'm not an expert on Sim AI so this may not be a thing but idk.

But mostly, spamming flirty/friendly social actions could potentially give the couple some positive sentiments that can promote better autonomous actions between them.

Last option is to use cheats to get rid of the sentiment. Video of how to do that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXLpNgF6Ljg
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    What are the traits for all three sims?

Control the son, (and as the son) click the father and look into all social options, specifically friendly category. "Beg Forgiveness" (not apologize, my bad) SHOULD be on there.

It'll go away in time (I don't know how long). But you have to keep the sims occupied/away from one another so they don't fight again and reset the timer. It might be good to turn off autonomous stuff for a bit. If you leave autonomy on, I recommend at least turning it off for the sim you're currently controlling. And of your household, be more careful about the father & son because the son is a risk for starting stuff with either parents cause of the mean streak, but the father's mood is gonna plummet every time he sees his son while he's got the sentiment and it may prompt him to autonomously yell at his son starting the whole thing again.

The sentiment WILL go away in time but you really have to make sure they don't fight again. Apologizing/beg forgiveness will help speed it along.

As far as the whole dad yelling at the wife, it could've honestly just been an autonomous action done selected cause the sim was in a bad mood. Personally, I find that once an action has been introduced to a sim they tend to repeat it more autonomously if left to their own devices so you may just want to spam some flirty/friendly stuff to kind of give the AI something else to focus on. I'm not an expert on Sim AI so this may not be a thing but idk.

But mostly, spamming flirty/friendly social actions could potentially give the couple some positive sentiments that can promote better autonomous actions between them.

Last option is to use cheats to get rid of the sentiment. Video of how to do that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXLpNgF6Ljg

Thank you so much! :D I eventually found the option 'smooth apology' from Charisma skill towards his daddy. Yelling at happened last night in sim time, now the son was able to apologize his daddy and dad's hurt sentiment is gone after this. Yea you are right. This husband was about to yell at his wife just for once, and I reset him, after that. I separated them for a couple of hours. I asked the husband to do the trap riddle in temple, and asked his wife to digging for excavation. Today, I let them excavate together and the husband sim constantly blew kisses to his wife. And the wife was busy complementing her husband. They are back to normal, and their son is back to normal. I'm not sure the phase cannot be shown in Jungle, but there was no option for 'asking about phase' on their sons. One had mean streak phase and the other one had rebellious phase. I had been having hard time with these 2 phases. :D

• Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    That's normal. I knew I heard forbidden words from my parents all the time growing up! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:'(:'(:'(:'(
  • Options
    I have another question here. Eventually, my 2 teen sims filled all the way up the 5 character values, and now they don't get enter to other phase. If the character values are nearly fully filled, then does teen sim get less possibility of phase?

@DoodlyDoofus I didn't know that. My parents rarely used forbidden words to me. :D