Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FIND YOUR-MANY-SELVES IN THE SIMS WITH BRETMAN ROCK

EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,331 EA Community Manager
Find yourselves, and be you - infinitely you - in The Sims

The Sims™ has long empowered players to discover and express the different versions of themselves, giving them the freedom to experiment with the Sims they create, the stories they tell, and the worlds they build.

The Sims and Bretman Rock, a barrier-breaking creative-entrepreneur that’s unapologetically himself no matter how many versions exist, are teaming up to encourage players to find their-many-selves.

In the new “Find Yourselves” campaign, inspired by classic coming-of-age sitcoms, players meet the multiple sides of Bretman Rock - a Teenage Goth, Sassy Dad, Motherly Chef, Excited Astronaut and Urban Cowboy - living together like one big, weird, could-only-happen-in-The-Sims family.

60yteldnrdbd.jpg

“Being Da Baddest didn’t always come naturally!” shares Bretman Rock. “Like most people growing up, I needed creative outlets to discover all the different sides of myself that I am now, and I know I’m not done yet. The Sims has always been a place for anyone to explore who they are, which is why I’m partnering with The Sims ‘Find Yourselves’ campaign, which encourages everyone to discover all the many sides of themselves and embrace them with open arms. In The Sims I can be an astronaut one day, a chef the next, dress how I want and kiss who I want - and always feel loved and accepted for it. The Sims empowered me to discover my selves on my own terms, and now I want to hear how it’s done the same for others!”

wqnrlovl7oqg.jpg

Maybe you have dreams of being a Preppy Warlock, or you want to pursue a passion in sports as an Emo Jock; The Sims is your open-world fitting room to try on all of the different versions of you.

g7trcv2oxdlb.jpg

“The Sims continues to build a platform for players to create and explore without boundaries,” said Julia Victor, Senior Director, Head of Brand, for The Sims. “Bretman Rock is an advocate for all to embrace being true to themselves, and together, we hope to encourage players to celebrate that coming-of-age chaos that creates defining moments and new opportunities, inspiring them to discover the many different sides of themselves – both in The Sims and in real life.”

To hear cheeky messages from Bretman’s many selves, fans can call (877)-FND-YOU5*.

Players can share their many selves on Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok through the hashtag #SimsSelves. To learn more about the “Find Yourselves” campaign, follow @TheSims on TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, like The Sims on Facebook, and visit https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/find-yourselves.

*Your service provider’s standard call/data rates apply.
Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    Who is this person?

I had to Google.
    I'm not the targeted demographic. :D
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited December 2021
    I don't understand it. I have no idea what it is.

Also, why would someone (especially The Sims, considering the rules and rating) wanted to have a collab with a company or whatever it is that has the 5 - letter word that starts with B and ends with an H in their every other/every tweet? Why? Can't we use a proper language like distinguished people?
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    edited December 2021
    Bretman Rock

regpXOw.png

Bretman Rock Sacayanan (born July 31, 1998) is a Filipino-American beauty influencer and social media personality based in Honolulu, Hawaii. He rose to fame as a creator on YouTube and Vine, and after one of his contouring videos went viral in 2015. Rock is known for making makeup tutorials and his humorous views on life. He has starred in his own reality TV show, MTV Following: Bretman Rock, has featured in several music videos, and in October 2021 was the first openly gay man to appear on the cover of Playboy.

Rock has received multiple awards and honors for his work on social media including a People's Choice award for "Beauty Influencer" and an award for "Breakthrough Social Star" at the 2021 MTV Movie and TV Awards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretman_Rock

5.7 million followers on Twitter.
    4.4 million followers on Facebook
    18 million followers on Instagram.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I'm sure the younger Sim players will adore him. He seems interesting, just not for my interests. I'll be moving along.
    #Team Occult
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Bretman Rock

regpXOw.png

Bretman Rock Sacayanan (born July 31, 1998) is a Filipino-American beauty influencer and social media personality based in Honolulu, Hawaii. He rose to fame as a creator on YouTube and Vine, and after one of his contouring videos went viral in 2015. Rock is known for making makeup tutorials and his humorous views on life. He has starred in his own reality TV show, MTV Following: Bretman Rock, has featured in several music videos, and in October 2021 was the first openly gay man to appear on the cover of Playboy.

Rock has received multiple awards and honors for his work on social media including a People's Choice award for "Beauty Influencer" and an award for "Breakthrough Social Star" at the 2021 MTV Movie and TV Awards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretman_Rock

5.7 million followers on Twitter.
    4.4 million followers on Facebook
    18 million followers on Instagram.

Yuck, more influencers? Can't they get normal celebs?
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I think it's a pretty cute video, but I do wonder, is 'playing yourself' in The Sims that popular and common these days? It seems to be the main focus for the game in the last few months or so.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Who is this person?

I had to Google.
    I'm not the targeted demographic. :D

Me, neither. Oh, well, no worries. ;)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Well, If @simgirl1010 is not the targeted demographic, I know I definitely am not either :D I am too old to find myself now, and I definitely wouldn't play myself in sims :o
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    But why couldn't they collab for his clothes style? 😭😭😭😭 A lot of his styles would look amazing on certain sims.
    Not for the manly man pack we all want but just in general. I've seen him in some really cool stuff.
    Though normally I don't keep up with influencers too much. Social media is oversaturated with them now IMO. Everyone is an influencer 😆
    But this is pretty cool

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I think it's a pretty cute video, but I do wonder, is 'playing yourself' in The Sims that popular and common these days? It seems to be the main focus for the game in the last few months or so.

It's not the past few months. Since the beginning of TS4 they've been emphasizing being able to create yourself and family in the game. That's why they added all the skin tones, people were complaining they couldn't make themselves in the game. Now they just took it a step further and are encouraging people to express their "many selves". I wonder if that's an euphemism for multiple personality disorder.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member

Apparently Bretman Rock found a fairy in himself.
    Obviously this means we'll be getting fairies soon. <3

• Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Omri147 wrote: »

It's not the past few months. Since the beginning of TS4 they've been emphasizing being able to create yourself and family in the game. That's why they added all the skin tones, people were complaining they couldn't make themselves in the game. Now they just took it a step further and are encouraging people to express their "many selves". I wonder if that's an euphemism for multiple personality disorder.
    It wasn't as pushed as it is now though, Sims 4 started with 'weirder stories' and emphasis on the quirky nature of Sims, but now it's on the sidelines and 'make yourself' took center stage.

I mean I get that but it does feel like it takes priority over having new gameplay and new ways to play (especially with the amount of kits we're getting in place of other packs).
  • Annie2008Annie2008 Posts: 108 Member
    I found myselves and it ain't pretty.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,331 EA Community Manager
    Can we please have stuff for the 99% of society?

What do you mean by that, specifically?
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    I'm just utterly confused right now, but I'm old so it's to be expected. Who is this young person? Is he anyone that anybody over the age of 14 should have heard of? What does he have to do with the Sims?
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm just utterly confused right now, but I'm old so it's to be expected. Who is this young person? Is he anyone that anybody over the age of 14 should have heard of? What does he have to do with the Sims?

Lol he's a beauty influencer and is famous on social media. Kind of like James Charles.
    It seems to me the sims are just trying to pull in more fans I guess? Because I don't see what he has to do with the sims. Maybe trying to get his fans interested ln the sims once they see him in it as a sim.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited December 2021
    we hope to encourage players to celebrate that coming-of-age chaos that creates defining moments and new opportunities, inspiring them to discover the many different sides of themselves – both in The Sims and in real life.

I'm sorry but as Agnes Crumplebottom Jr. I do not stan coming of any age it just hurts my poor bones

the selves are in game but they do not chase jobs or fashion they just want spaghetti and opportunity to ruin simlives
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member

Lol he's a beauty influencer and is famous on social media. Kind of like James Charles.
    It seems to me the sims are just trying to pull in more fans I guess? Because I don't see what he has to do with the sims. Maybe trying to get his fans interested ln the sims once they see him in it as a sim.

Ah, an influencer. I don't do social media, so no wonder I never heard of him. Thank you for the explanation. This is EA continuing to try to pull in the pre-teen demographic, then. BTW I hope you and others get more occults that ya'll want. I don't play them myself but I know they make a lot of people happy and it has been a really long time since an occult pack. And YES for amusement parks! :smile:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    I'm too old for this. Don't think I ever was young enough for it.

"To hear cheeky messages..." Hey, if it can help someone...

I'll just be way over there, playing my sandbox Sim game, pure fantasy as it is.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,871 Member
    I love that EA is featuring people and styles that aren't just conformist pop culture.

(Still listening to Joy Oladokun over here, thanks Sims Sessions for introducing me to her. She's touring near me in 2022!!)

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member

And tell me deary, who is this James Charles fellow exactly? 👵🏻
    Does he wear Cowboy hats and Cowboy boots too?
    Through all my 106 years I always did like men in Cowboy hats and Cowboy boots…
    Does he have a horse?
    I do love horses too.