Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should they add "Food" in the "Likes and Dislikes" panel?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited November 2021
    As several has suggested, diet choices/restrictions rather than dish by dish in that case. There are some great suggestions in this thread already. And as many have said, vegetarian shouldn't be a trait you can't change. Free up space for a better trait.

More than food however, I want sims to be able to like and dislike traits, aspirations, physical features and hobbies in other sims - and respond to what they see (i.e. an attraction system, but also a system for friendship). Imagine the drama when a child suddenly pick a job that mom dislikes? Or when siblings hate each other's traits? So much more fun than my sim liking or disliking pasta. :)
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Yes, with extra toppings please.
    And then, she could make her favorite dish without me prompting it? And a bonus moodlet after she's done eating? Hope it's in the pipeline...
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Yes, it gives us more options.
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    nastyjman wrote: »
    So, there are about 218 recipes that can be cooked. I think I understand why Food may not have been added as a Like or Dislike; that's because it becomes hazy how you would categorize a dish. There are overlaps that happen like Spaghetti: does it go under Pasta or Beef? And Salmon Maki Rolls: are they Seafood or Japanese?

Maybe, instead of condensing it, we just go for the specific dish. That means there will be a dedicated Category on the Likes and Dislikes panel for the type of dish. That way, we don't have to scroll too much when searching for a dish. Also, the devs could break apart the Standard recipes, and the categorization can be used to organize the recipes by tabs when cooking.

Here's the table of how many recipes there are per Category:

Category = Dish Count
    PIT/CAMPFIRE = 5
    OUTDOOR = 20
    OFF-THE-GRID = 5
    GRAND MEALS = 5
    GOURMET = 33
    STANDARD = 88
    FOOD STALL = 41
    EXPERIMENTAL = 21

Perhaps they can reorganize the dishes by type, like Snacks, Appetizers, Soups, Breakfast, Main Course, Desserts. Sort these as Categories for Likes/Dislikes.

Spaghetti would go under both meat and Italian. Veggie version just Italian.

So a veggie that liked Italian would like the second, a carnivore Italian-lover would like the first and someone with no protein preference (onmivore) who loved Italian would like either.

Each dish would have to be tagged with all preference tags that fit, same as furniture can be tagged as both blue and modern, or red and industrial.

Your idea gave me an idea of conflicting Likes and Dislikes. Let's say Picky Patrick loves Italian but hates Beef. He goes to a house party where the only food served is Spaghetti Bolognese. He's conflicted, of course. Either he gets no moodlet from it, or a Bored moodlet.

Double dislikes would be a +10 Uncomfortable moodlet that makes your sim upchuck. Double likes would give a +3 Happy moodlet.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited December 2021
    Yes, in condition that after adding that, sims could have up to 30 likes and dislikes.
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    No, I'm quite full.
    I am not the biggest fan of Likes and Dislikes, but I do think that this could be good if they made it a little less annoying. I've discovered that I don't like how many times something will pop up to ask if my Sim should like or dislike something. I also think it could potentially limit some of the foods a bit more than usual, which is something I personally wouldn't like that much. The variety of food to have my Sims eat is one of my favorite things in the game, and having to go around what other Sims like or dislike could get annoying, especially at parties or other events that involve cooking food for Sims that could potentially be NPC Sims who already have their likes and dislikes.
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    talongirl6 wrote: »
    I am not the biggest fan of Likes and Dislikes, but I do think that this could be good if they made it a little less annoying. I've discovered that I don't like how many times something will pop up to ask if my Sim should like or dislike something. I also think it could potentially limit some of the foods a bit more than usual, which is something I personally wouldn't like that much. The variety of food to have my Sims eat is one of my favorite things in the game, and having to go around what other Sims like or dislike could get annoying, especially at parties or other events that involve cooking food for Sims that could potentially be NPC Sims who already have their likes and dislikes.

Agree. I think if they expand the Likes and Dislikes section, they should also add an option to disable the pop-ups.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png