Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TYPES OF CC-USERS: Are you an alpha or a maxis match?

13...Next

Comments

• AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @mrs_starkey The first one’s definitely by Kijiko (I have a version of it in my game with more Maxis Match textures). Not sure about the second one, but I might have seen it before.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 168 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @mrs_starkey The first one’s definitely by Kijiko (I have a version of it in my game with more Maxis Match textures). Not sure about the second one, but I might have seen it before.

Thank you so much!!!! <3 I found it with your help!! And a bunch of other cool hairstyles for my guys! It's so great that kijiko converted some of the hairs to maxis match style.

And to answer the main question of this thread: I'm a maxis match player! I love it when the CC blends into my Simsworld.

The only exception are shoes and some accessoires. If they look a little bit on the alpha side, thats ok for me. :)
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    edited December 2021
    Maxis match all the way. 😁

Alpha looks strange to me.
  • lanternlantern Posts: 7 New Member
    I never use alpha, only Maxis Match. I dont want it to look like I have cc in my game, everything needs to look like its from the sims itself.
  • Nyane21Nyane21 Posts: 152 Member
    I like and use both...but I prefer alpha.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Before my old computer went on the fritz, I would use Alpha and Maxis match CC. Now that I have a new computer, I am leaning more toward maxis match. Currently I am play vanilla and just have not downloaded any of my CC. I mainly miss the make up that I used and eyes. CC is really a very personal preference.
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    I'm a maxis mix user aka using both alpha and maxis match. Besides Sims can really look good if you use both typ of cc.

34708148oh.png

34708132qy.png

34708145px.png

35393934od.png

I totally agree with you. I use both too. People just need to know how to use it.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I'm definitely more of a Maxis Match cc person (Like 98% to 99% I would say.)The contrast between the hyper realism of alpha and the more cartoony look of the game is just way too off putting for me, especially with hair and the super textured clothing. I'm a very visual person and the mismatch between the two styles actually makes the game very unenjoyable/unplayable for me. Now, I will use a few minor things like accessories & kijiko eyelashes that are more alpha since they tend not to be super noticeable as being "out of place." Even some facial hair styles if they're subtle enough that it makes no difference, but anything more than that is a hard no for me.

Also, completely alpha Sims = IMVU in my mind. I don't know why, it just does. :joy:
  • minimouetteminimouette Posts: 75 Member
    I'm late to the party, but I wanted to chime in ^^'

I'm mostly Maxis Match, but I tend to mixt in a bit of alpha also, so i'm kinda Maxis mixt? I rarely use Alpha hairs, but I do use alpha overlays and details for my sims face and skin, plus some clothing. I do try to stay clear of anything that is over defined, for exemple studed shoes where each stud is fully 3d, or any fully complex and textured clothes. As pretty as it can be, I play on a laptop and I don't want to overheat my graphic card. I also want my game to run smootly, so I basicly try to stay clear of anything that is high in polycount, but sometime I make tiny exception :P.

here is a few exemples:

uzl1cg8f9z57.jpg

m2onjb9cmm6e.jpg

fobweotclwpe.jpg

• sortalivingsortaliving Posts: 20 Member
    I'm Maxis Match for the sole reason of I can't stand the townies not looking like my sims. Need everything to be uniform.
  • naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    I'm a Maxis Mix simmer! I would say my CC collection is 90% Maxis Match, 10% Alpha. I don't use Alpha hairs at all but I do use Alpha skin details & a few less-innocuous pieces of Alpha clothing. Everything else is Maxis Match, though. I like for townies that randomly spawn with CC I've downloaded to look like they belong in the world (as much as is possible, what with their random fashion choices :lol:).
  • SushiferSushifer Posts: 2 New Member
    I am a maxis mix user but I prefer only maxis match on hairs.
  • AniSimmerAniSimmer Posts: 21 Member
    Primarily alpha. I hate the mustard/cheddar hair MM gives off...
  • Pallies656602Pallies656602 Posts: 24 Member
    I only use Alpha CC.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Whatever works for the sim am making and the overall vibe I want for that particular game. I range from all Maxis to all alpha with every possible combination I can think of in between. Will admit to being increasingly drawn to alpha as the creative possibilities are amazing and the quality often puts EA to shame.
  • TzivaTziva Posts: 19 Member
    I'm very impressed with the alpha CC out there and some of the amazingly lifelike sims people have made, but maxis match for me.

I agree with the poster who said some of it hits too close to the uncanny valley for me, and overall I actually really like the Sims bright, cartoony style. I have a few alpha-style CC (both CAS and build items) that was too good to pass up, but it's not my preference.
  • WinterdaysWinterdays Posts: 12 New Member
    I started off using sims3melancholic skins but, they don't play well with other stuff so I guess I'd be maxis match but dabble with alpha still.
  • jadetchijadetchi Posts: 60 Member
    Back in the day I used to use strictly Alpha CC but now I definitely prefer Maxis Match (aside from a few exceptions like eyelashes)
    b8xtb7d56xd3.png
    I´m Alpha, but use lots of maxis match cc, most of the times I use both.
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 367 Member
    CC use both MM and alpha
  • AriesValentineAriesValentine Posts: 29 Member
    I'm a Maxis Match, I used to be an Alpha CC user but like, this is a hot take, but most alpha CC doesn't fit well with the general asthetic to the Sims 4, it would've been okay in the Sims 3 since its like realistic but the Sims 4? No way, not to mention most Alpha CC are basically either rips from other games (See CosplaySimmer) or ripped from SL and IMVU. Most of it looks offputting and generally I have OCD and I would like my Sims to look somewhat similar, but how can I when my Sims look all goofy with the Alpha CC on and not realistic as other people.

My suggestion is to probably use Alpha CC if you're talented with CAS. Don't jump in thinking its easy.
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Alpha CC scares me. Too shiny