Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #153 - Rainbow Paradise
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Ll71I0W.png

We would like to introduce our new TS4 Judge who has been helping us out. Welcome @_Princess_Natasha_ who has been on the BuildnShare team as a TS3 Judge for many years :)
    XLb1TMZ.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    That is wonderful news!
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #155 Down on the farm
    FORUM ID: Jazmi1396
    ORIGIN ID: Jazmilia
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: 3 Olde Mill Lane in Henford on Bagley
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/701A8ABC471B11EC8DD8EA3E90C3E6E0?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Jazmilia&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 5,200
    GALLERY COST:114,741
    TOTAL COST: 119,941
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/8gcSYgp
    ENTRY DETAILS: I imagined a tuscan-style farmhouse for the Grangers, with plenty of free space around the estate for the kids to explore. Upstairs are 4 bedrooms, one with its own entrance from the outside. This could be the guest room for now, or if all the bedrooms are needed later, it could be the master bedroom, or even later it could be that of their biggest, already independent child. They want to keep everything as simple as possible to conserve energy, so the house only has one TV and one computer, and the garden has its own well with clean fresh water.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

PICTURES:
    3aDn3r6.png
    67CNV4R.png
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    @Abelhinha35 or anyone else who can tell me, where or which pack/kit/etc can I find the water wheel in please? Thanks!
  • Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    @iampes23 - I did a search and looks like it's with the Cottage pack.
    @iampes23 - I did a search and looks like it's with the Cottage pack.

Thanks! I guess I just missed it somehow. :D
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    @iampes23 Sorry for the late response :) It is debug in the Cottage Livin pack <3
    @abelhinha35 Thanks for the response! Unfortunately I have spent several hours peering through the cottage and all of the debug with no success finding the water wheel. I had downloaded the lot and placed it, hoping the name might shed some light on how to find it. Maybe it is a glitch in my game or something I missed out on? So very disappointed!

But thanks for the help abelhinha35 and Archer_Girl!

Sorry @iampes23, it is actually in "Live edit" and it is called [DEBUG] landmarkEP11waterWheelLarge01, you will find both of them there. :)
    @iampes23 - OH NO! I feel so badly for providing inaccurate info. I'm so sorry!

@abelhinha35 - thank you for the update....one more question though....even though it's a live edit item, is it still associated with the cottage pack? I don't have cottage pack and it doesn't appear to be in my live edit. TY!
    edited November 2021
    @Archer_Girl @iampes23 unfortunately it does associated with the cottage pack. Sorry hun :(
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    CHALLENGE #155 -Down on the Farm
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Olde Mill Hill
    NEW LOT LINK: Country Family Farmhouse
    LOT COST: $11,000.00
    GALLERY COST: $108,747.00
    TOTAL COST: $119,747.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS #155- Down on the Farm
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    I have chosen to build William and Amelia a traditional farmhouse style home. I have elevated the house and built a retaining wall around the home. With plenty of rain in the area and a pond on the property we would hate to ever see the home flood. As mentioned, there is a pond on the property; this offers fresh water as well as a place for William to fish. There is an animal shed and chicken coop, a barn for storage and also a place where Amelia can work on some crafting items. There is a greenhouse and a garden with bees for William to grow and study plants, as well as a flower arranging table if they decide to get into that as well. The home is not off grid but it is designed in a way that they can choose that option if living expenses get too high (I know that the family had hoped to save money but property taxes are quite expensive when you have a large area of land). The home has an open concept living space, a large country kitchen with a walk in pantry to store their canning and simple living food items. It has a music room, crafting office for Amelia, 3 bathrooms, as well as 3 bedrooms on the second level for the family.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: all nocc artwork was made by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    7zcJ7tW.png
    YUwxTqh.png

• ellejoynerellejoyner Posts: 25 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: ellejoyner
    ORIGIN ID: ellejoyner
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: 3 Olde Mill Lane - Henford
    NEW LOT LINK: Gallery Link
    LOT COST: $5200
    GALLERY COST: $136,372
    TOTAL COST: $141,572
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Imgur Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: A charming blend of the new and old - this farmhouse has been renovated with new modern additions. From the charming main house, to the barn and carriage house, every detail holds a delightful, welcoming standard, perfect for the Granger's new family residence.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NOCC art by #simsationaltoo, #hootofthesims, #catatron16, #oxanaksims, #bibabelula46, #evarotky, #juwels64, #holyshmowow and #AIJay2000

SPACE FOR PICTURES: gWPhyHY.pngSwbFx1n.png

edited December 2021
    FORUM ID: Archer_Girl
    ORIGIN ID: saturnspoon
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Magnolia Blossom - Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0E40D27D518E11EC8AC32E638F0580EA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=saturnspoon&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 25,000
    GALLERY COST: 93,465
    TOTAL COST: 118,465
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/uNPlsuA

ENTRY DETAILS: I tried placing this home on a number of different lots in various sizes. 64 X 64 lot was too large and 40 x 30 was too small. I didn't care for the locations of the 40 X 40 lots in my game and so I figured out that the 50 X 50 lot was perfect and despite the land costing $25K and taking so much of the budget, I still feel it was a good choice and worth the cost. The appearance of a dirt road in front of the farm allows a fairly seamless transition from the neighborhood into the lot. The surrounding trees and nearby bayou add to the aesthetic of a working farm very well. This is the second farm in a row I've created for BnS, so I can't lie, I am really ready to move on. But I still enjoyed creating this and it feels close to my heart because I grew up in a rural area of Kentucky and near the Kentucky River and our house was located on the edge of the neighbor's dairy farm. I spent a lot of time in my dad's vegetable garden and a lot of time sitting on the big, shaded porches of relative's and neighbor's homes and listening to "the grown folks visit." When I was in middle school I spent my Christmas breaks working in a tobacco stripping room to earn money to buy Barbie dolls. I'm very familiar with farm life and miss those relatives with those big houses and farms that we spent time on.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

pjEcgBc.jpg
    UIkLZDY.jpg
    Post edited by Archer_Girl on
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    CHALLENGE #155 - Down on the Farm
    FORUM ID: Kiteldesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME:Hounds Head
    NEW LOT LINK: uses cc - no link.
    LOT COST: 12.000
    GALLERY COST: 107998
    TOTAL COST: 119.998
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/P2Rwhvb

ENTRY DETAILS: This old Carriage house overlooking Brindleton Bay became a perfect place for Karl to renovate for the Grangers to create a new life in the Country. The lower floor of the carriage house has been turned into a production floor that turns their produce into Fizz and Kombucha, taking advantage of Williams Scientist background. Also on the lower floor is a shop for selling both the Produce, Fizz Drinks, and Amelia's Craft creations. Behind the shop is the office for both Amelia and William to work, and meet clients. Upstairs boasts a spacious home for the Grangers, and their two Kids, Rhys and Marley. A large kitchen, flows into a Dining space, that flows into a living space. Marley
    s bedroom is located near the front door, and an extra bedroom turned craft room for Amelia. All the other bedrooms are located on the other half of the home, with a large master wing. a large upper deck/balcony gives the Grangers some personal outdoor space, while also giving a great view of the farm and scenery. A large field for growing plants, and an orchard off to the side of the home. a small pond for fishing can be found in the corner of the lot, and a hidden playground for the kids.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Counters from Peacemaker's Mina Kitchen, and Under TV cabinets- Peacemakers Hampton Built In
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

H1PsKtv.png
    QNANcmJ.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited November 2021
    CHALLENGE #155 Down on the farm
    FORUM ID: pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Hound's Head
    NEW LOT: Western Farm Beauty
    LOT COST: 12,000
    GALLERY COST:107,577
    TOTAL COST: 119,577
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Down on the Farm
    ENTRY DETAILS: Based off farms on the west coast this home has a little of everything PLUS all the farm living you could wish for. Chickens, cows, llamas, and pond fish dot this gem. It's also off the grid serviceable with water cultivation and eco-living amenities. There's a huge barn and fun activities like horseshoes and fishing. The home is landscaped with nature in mind and cows are at the heart of the decor of the home.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

hxvzeh7.png

ggtVik8.png

Here are the topview images. I forgot to include them in the slideshow:
    First floor which shows the barn in the back:

8yoPWCK.png

Second floor

JdkYJ71.png

Third floor which shows the front yard

vCUI2Wo.png

Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited December 2021
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    HOUSEHOLD: The Granger Family
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Granger Family
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    This family was a lot more work than I was expecting but I personalized the house for them so I figured I should share the family as well.
    William and Amelia have 3 children. Isabella is the oldest and they also have twin boys, Joseph and Benjamin. They have a sheepdog named Gus as well. William is a genius. He loves spending time outdoors with his garden and plants. He also loves to spend his spare time reading. Amelia loves to paint. She is crafty, creative and is an animal lover. Isabella loves art and she loves animals just like her Mom. Joseph wants to be the smartest kid in the school and he is a genius just like his father. Benjamin is an active boy who loves the outdoors and Gus is their friendly, loyal, and hairy Shetland sheepdog.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    KCP9WDM.png
    pmGvov1.png
    Post edited by AlJay on
  • MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    edited November 2021
    CHALLENGE BnS #155 – Down on the Farm
    FORUM ID: MaryKup
    ORIGIN ID: Marykup
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Down on the Farm
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F8B8D936521A11EC82367DB6A3FFB678?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Marykup&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 6055
    GALLERY COST: 110605
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW https://imgur.com/a/JPk0Bgv
    I built and lovely four bedroom, three bath farm house for the Granger’s and their doggie Leia. It has a nice country feel to it. A garden area to grow crops, a chicken coop and animal shed to have all the chickens and farm animals you can handle. There is a nice pond in the back for Mr. Granger to go fishing in. It also has 2 solar panels and a wind turbine to be eco friendly as well as a recycler. Art work by #Nessiesim, #mnewi1103, AlJay2000.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Of course.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Also thanks to #Nessiesim, #mnewi1103, AlJay2000 for the art work
    edited December 2021
    FORUM ID:JojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID:jojoMOMSTER
    LEVEL:Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Dresden House
    NEW LOT LINK: Contemporary Farmstead
    LOT COST: 12000
    GALLERY COST: 127849
    TOTAL COST: 139849
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Link
    ENTRY DETAILS: I went completely off the rails with this one. I built a modern farmhouse on a 64x64 lot, a full working farm with tons of space for produce, livestock, chickens and pets. The children have plenty to do without ever touching any electronics. This home has room to grow, If the family has more children they can start using the attic as living space.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: This home features a wonderfully eclectic assortment of rooster and chicken art from the gallery. Art by Mandykay77, roseymow, Silverhawk201, jlewi38, FruilLoops40, SimSationalToo, jewels64, hootofthesims, OxanaKSims, and MBarnet

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

in1fozk.png

WWJM2Cj.png
    edited December 2021
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID:jojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID:JojoMOMSTER
    HOUSEHOLD: Green Homesteaders
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Link
    ENTRY DETAILS: This family is intense! Lots of chores and work to be done. The farm is actually quite profitable but there is never a dull moment.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    4lCjj4K.png
    ul4E2A6.png
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 155: Down on the Farm
    FORUM ID: KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID: KitelDesigns
    HOUSEHOLD: Grangers
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/THD0dHv
    ENTRY DETAILS: Meet the Grangers, A City couple who have just moved to the Country, to open up their own farm. They have named their farm Granger Groves. William used to be a scientist, and now uses his skills to ferment and produce Fizz and Kombucha, using their organic produce. Amelia used to be an accountant, and uses those skills to helps with the farm's books, and runs a little online crafts business. They have two children named Rhys and Marley. They also have a cat and a dog.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!

bEkkvL9.png
    edited December 2021
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 155- Country Kitchen
    FORUM ID: KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID: KitelDesigns
    ROOM: Kitchen
    GALLERY COST: 14566
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/mz8DLvp
    ENTRY DETAILS: This lovely modern country kitchen boasts beautiful cream cabinets and backsplash, A large center island provides plenty of prep space, and a breakfast bar. Contains CC from Peacemaker

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!

WgQXB3A.png
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    FORUM ID: AfterMidnight
    ORIGIN ID: AfterMidnight13
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: 14 Nettle Lane
    NEW LOT LINK: Granger Farm
    LOT COST: 3,500
    GALLERY COST: 98,135
    TOTAL COST: 101,635
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: I built the farmhouse earlier in the month and then let it sit until yesterday when I came back and did the landscaping. I ended up with more money left over than I was expecting - evidentially the base game rocks no longer cost an arm and a leg to purchase - and decided to leave it as I felt the build was finished.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    oSPvT79.png
    A5P356j.png
    5nd1sli.png
    #BnS155 - Down on the Farm is now closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top