Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pre-Made Overhaul *Speculation*

chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
Hi, I've been lurking around to see if someone creates a thread like this but not seen anything.
The Sims team have confirmed that there will be an upcoming overhaul of all the Sims families. What are your thoughts on what they could do and what would bring in more Lore?

Here are my (Base Game) starters for 10...

Willow Creek:

-Pancakes:
-At the moment the Pancakes are a young adult couple. Is this the case? Because to me they look like they should be at either the end of being YA or at the start of being Adults.
-Iggy has been in several trailers now and is available in the gallery. It's time to bring him into the game fully!
-they are supposed to be having marriage problems. How's about actually making that the case in the relationship panel?

Spencer Kim Lewis
-Like the Pancakes how old is Alice meant to be? She has a child daughter but is at the start of being a YA.
-How did they get their wealth? None of the family work!!
-We obviously know Dennis and Vivian but what happened to their spouses? The bio specifically mentions Dennis's ex wife, could we possibly include her as a townie?

BFF
-They are all supposed to be best friends but currently are all just acquaintances. Can we update that?
-We know that Summer and Liberty are meant to have feelings for Travis but what could be said about Travis? Does he like one more than the other or are his interests elsewhere?

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    My guess is that they will add likes and dislikes to all premades, I know people have joked that Tina Tinker doesn't like handiness for example so they will probably add that.

Maybe they will also add some more backstories and make sure that their relationships are correct. Johnny Zest should be related to the Landgraab's and probably also have some bad relationships with them, maybe they will add sentiments as well.

Maybe they will also change the looks of some premade sims (I know there are people on twitter who have expressed their opinions about Bella Goth...) but I'm not sure about that one.
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    To be honest, I just want them to fix the Seasons outfits from all premades :tongue:
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I assumed they were going to add more lore through bios, sentiments, and relationships.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I don't care too much about Bella's skintone, since it's been pretty inconsistent throughout the years. But I want Cassandra to get a skintone change, since she's had a fairly consistent look since TS1. At least Bella can easily pass for the same character; Cassandra's pale tone [and different hair and clothes, but that's a whole other thing] makes her look very different from her past incarnations. I get that this is an AU, but it's immersion-breaking for me, and it takes away from her iconic look.

Leave Alexander alone, since his skintone is consistent and reasonable for him to be so pale - he takes after his father, like how Cassandra takes after their mother. But I hope we get some facial overhaul, so he isn't a genetic timebomb when he ages up. Seriously, the poor kid grows up to be so ugly in The Sims 4, I always keep him as a child out of mercy.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I hope beyond the lore updates that they also renovate many of the lots too.
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited October 2021
    Eh... the only premades I have disliked completely are the Realm of Magic professors, specifically, the pinked haired one and the brown haired dude with the belly. They look absurd and are not the premades featured in the trailer. Bringing back those premades would be nice.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    Being able to assign NPCs to the role of Realm of Magic leaders would suffice for me. Similar to how Eco Lifestyle NPCs can be assigned.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    This is all totally not interesting to me and my game. I do respect that it might be more interesting for new simmers to start playing with more lore to pre-made families, but I see it as an offence to everyone who already played those sims in their own way. I hope this will not run over the players' creativity. In my case I played only a handful of the original premades, if I did I will mostly play their next generation(s) by now, and not care at all about new lore details. I really don't understand why EA wants to do this after all these years? It's like they want to go back and reset all our games, knowing it will probably conflict with how many of us already played those families.

I'd rather see them focus more on lore of the NEW premades. That would be just cool! Look forward, don't waste resources on flicking with details of the long gone past. With all packs new simmers will find plenty of lore anyway.

That said, I'm not quite sure what they intend to do and why they decided to do it. Necro-posting isnot allowed here on the forums, but EA is obviously expecting the community to applaud their "necro-loring". Let the old tribes rest in one peace, I'd say ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 133 Member
    [quote="Simmerville;c-17994306"]This is all totally not interesting to me and my game. I do respect that it might be more interesting for new simmers to start playing with more lore to pre-made families, but I see it as an offence to everyone who already played those sims in their own way. I hope this will not run over the players' creativity. In my case I played only a handful of the original premades, if I did I will mostly play their next generation(s) by now, and not care at all about new lore details. I really don't understand why EA wants to do this after all these years? It's like they want to go back and reset all our games, knowing it will probably conflict with how many of us already played those families.

I'd rather see them focus more on lore of the NEW premades. That would be just cool! Look forward, don't waste resources on flicking with details of the long gone past. With all packs new simmers will find plenty of lore anyway.

That said, I'm not quite sure what they intend to do and why they decided to do it. Necro-posting isnot allowed here on the forums, but EA is obviously expecting the community to applaud their "necro-loring". Let the old tribes rest in one peace, I'd say ;) [/quote]

I think this overhaul will be only in new saves, it has no sense making it in older saves because many premades maybe are dead or already changed, I'm pretty excited about this and I'm sure it will impact in new saves in a good way.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I would certainly hope an update wouldn't overwrite our current household saves but if they could add more lot's to an existing map like in Del Sol Valley and Magnolia Promenade. That would be great.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited October 2021

That said, I'm not quite sure what they intend to do and why they decided to do it. Necro-posting isnot allowed here on the forums, but EA is obviously expecting the community to applaud their "necro-loring". Let the old tribes rest in one peace, I'd say ;)

Yes exactly this.

As someone who mainly plays premades I'm so upset already because if they start necro loring thats pretty much same as saying all i played up to now was wrong and i have to redo everything all over again 💀 and ive fixed old premades up already and added likes dislikes and all

Hopefully its only new saves
    or new gallery versions

don't really see point of saying they're adding lore tho if we don't at least have memories system first :/ like what does it even change

sentiments fade and likes and dislikes change and makeovers don't count lore for me

missing family relations? maybe but eh.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,968 Member
    Being able to assign NPCs to the role of Realm of Magic leaders would suffice for me. Similar to how Eco Lifestyle NPCs can be assigned.

How do you assign NPC’s for Eco lifestyle?
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

How do you assign NPC’s for Eco lifestyle?

With 'TestingCheats on', Shift+click on sim and select 'Set NPC Eco Behaviors'.
    Happy simming!
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member

Simmingal wrote: »

Yes exactly this.

As someone who mainly plays premades I'm so upset already because if they start necro loring thats pretty much same as saying all i played up to now was wrong and i have to redo everything all over again 💀 and ive fixed old premades up already and added likes dislikes and all

Hopefully its only new saves
    or new gallery versions

don't really see point of saying they're adding lore tho if we don't at least have memories system first :/ like what does it even change

sentiments fade and likes and dislikes change and makeovers don't count lore for me

missing family relations? maybe but eh.

I very much doubt the new lore update will affect existing saves. Also there is no wrong way to play this game, and I would hope this update doesn't give off that impression either, keep playing how you've always been playing, I don't think the lore update will change anything about anybody's existing saves or playstyles.
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    edited October 2021
    This is why I always start a new game. Overhaul is overdue. We've gotten so many updates & our beloved premade families don't reflect any of it. Agree that preferences will be added, but I hope they tweak a couple more things like:

Skin tone: Bella, Zoe, Bob, Alice, Gavin & Liberty could use a little melanin
    Hair color: Dina, Travis, Summer, Malcolm & Eliza, not the right shade of blond/red for you & your brows should match a little better
    Hair style: Dina, Eliza, Cassandra & Liberty have a newer options to match their personality
    Hair texture: Bob, your beard, c'mon

Toddlers: where's Iggy Pancakes? maybe a sibling for Olivia too?
    Relationship: stop cancelling Johnny, he's a Landgraab; enemies & love interests should match their bio
    Careers: include the new jobs like freelancer for Alice, Gavin or Travis & style influencer for Zoe or Dina
    Skill: more types learned with higher achieved points for all starter premades; 20 base skills & they only have a couple points of one or two things?

Wishlist - new NPC uniforms - more realistic & less stereotypical; service industry workers don't dress like that

For new players, the (beginning) story will match the sims.
    For existing simmers, less cheats to set up a game.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    logion wrote: »
    My guess is that they will add likes and dislikes to all premades, I know people have joked that Tina Tinker doesn't like handiness for example so they will probably add that.

Maybe they will also add some more backstories and make sure that their relationships are correct. Johnny Zest should be related to the Landgraab's and probably also have some bad relationships with them, maybe they will add sentiments as well.

Maybe they will also change the looks of some premade sims (I know there are people on twitter who have expressed their opinions about Bella Goth...) but I'm not sure about that one.

Johnny Zest also dropped out of school, so it would be cool if he had some university credits already in case you decide to send him. It would reduce the number of courses he needs to take to finish a degree.

The Calientes need fixing too. The family bio says that Don is involved with Katrina, but they have no romantic relationship or relbits at all.
  • mushroompickingmushroompicking Posts: 10 New Member
    > BFF
    > -They are all supposed to be best friends but currently are all just acquaintances. Can we update that?
    > -We know that Summer and Liberty are meant to have feelings for Travis but what could be said about Travis? Does he like one more than the other or are his interests elsewhere?

Would be the perfect opportunity to release one sided friendships and romance. But I know they won't...
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited November 2021
    Cold and Hot weather outfits set for all premades. Also likes and dislikes. The Sages in Realm of Magic (Simeon and L.) could use a dusting.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.