Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Other
    It really depends on which one releases Occult Content first.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.

The dimensions of that Parafolk look so 2D and not what many of us are expecting this late date in supporting them. They never show an actual parafolk in 3D models. Or am I the only one that ever notices this. The parafolk person they showed in the extreme body manipulations video (ears etc.) was also very 2D looking. And yet again, just more CAS options which we know they said like two years ago.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    edited November 2021
    I plan to buy both.
    To be fair they were only responding to a question. Not presenting it as new information.

ETA: I may be wrong. They were responding to a question from July 2020.
    edited November 2021
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    To be fair they were only responding to a question. Not presenting it as new information.

ETA: I may be wrong. They were responding to a question from July 2020.

But to be fair, if they had some spectacular 3D models wouldn't they show them when they show off eye colors? Wouldn't you as a game developer show your very best CAS when you answer a question? I think so. ETA: According to the list they update monthly, they have improved their CAS many, many times. I'm not seeing it in this screen shot. I would think one would show the very best Parafolk they have so far when answering a question, and why go back and answer one they have already answered in 2020...there are plenty of new questions concerning their Paramaker. I really don't mean to pick at them (TS5 will probably get the same treatment from me) but I want people to be aware of how old some of the things they are showing is just recirculated news and pictures that the general public also already have seen and knew.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Other
    I think they have been to ambitious in their approach to the game, with hight sleiders and chairs pulled out from the table for example. I think they shoulkd have gone for more interesting game play then Sims 4
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Other
    By now, I'm completely convinced for Paralives, I will buy it the day it comes without a doubt, it looks super awesome, it seems it will be a great game. I' also interested in that other similar game called Alterlife, it looks very promising too. And maybe one day I will buy Sims 5 when is on sale, or maybe not, honestly I'm not making expectations about it
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Paralives said on Twitter they are going for a drawing look in terms of graphics. So I don't think they intend to make 3d models.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Paralives said on Twitter they are going for a drawing look in terms of graphics. So I don't think they intend to make 3d models.

A lot of ppl have said they don't like the art style. The sims community is full of ppl who make rlly detailed cas edits and spend a lot of time creating sims. Plus I think the art style kind of makes the parafolk seem less real... idk how to explain it but I saw someone said they can't see themselves getting attached to the parafolk because of the art style. I don't think this would necessarily make it a bad game but I don't think it would make as many ppl permanently switch as everyone thinks it will. I'm curious to see how they will look like in game and when you rotate your camera.

Basically, I think this will be good competition but idk how much actual competition it would be with the sim's already established fan base. And I think many ppl are expecting it to basically be a sims copy but with everything they want. But it's a very limited studio so there will definitely be short comings. Just depends on how big they are and if that will totally turn ppl off from buying it.

But I think the art style alone is a big enough short coming to lose a lot of people.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    Other
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

But I think the art style alone is a big enough short coming to lose a lot of people.

Yes, I feel that too. I never was a fan of the parafolks looks, especially after seeing all detailed background.

Also what bugs me is all the huge amount promises what will be in game and what not. To me, and now ONLY stating my own opinion, with all those huge promises made, I would of so far liked to see even a tiny bit of actual "gameplay animations".
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)

Yes, I feel that too. I never was a fan of the parafolks looks, especially after seeing all detailed background.

Also what bugs me is all the huge amount promises what will be in game and what not. To me, and now ONLY stating my own opinion, with all those huge promises made, I would of so far liked to see even a tiny bit of actual "gameplay animations".

Alex had said on Twitter I think that the gameplay will come after the building mode/PAM is polished enough.
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited November 2021
    In a few days it will be Dec. and Keep an Eye on the Next Steps, let's see if that gets pushed to Jan... month after month.

As far as the Sim recently pictured in the old Parafolk Maker (that character looks the same as it did a few years ago) it reminds me of The Sims Medieval..familiar.. set on low. There is something very familiar about that facial structure.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    Other

Exactly. Players complained for years about the lack of texture, cheese hair, cartoony-ness, and other aspects of S4 Sims. But these parafolk look like 2D children's book illustrations in comparison. And, granted, I've only seen the paramaker animations, but I have a hard time seeing these character designs with much in the way of dimensionality and emotive expression. I mean, if we're talking Disney level 2D, yeah. But these don't look like that.

I'm also wary of an indy company promising the moon and positioning themselves as something of a "Sims Killer." Gonna have to deliver a lot with a relatively small budget and staff.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    The postcard thing is kind of weird to me 😅 pay money to get a card signed by a game that is in very very early production. If you are already a paetron then cool. But they make it sound like they want you to sign up just for the postcard.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited November 2021
    The postcard thing is kind of weird to me 😅 pay money to get a card signed by a game that is in very very early production. If you are already a paetron then cool. But they make it sound like they want you to sign up just for the postcard.

Exactly, it plainly says join by Nov. 30th to get a postcard (upper crusty levels). There have been a few in the past two years. Was it the announcement of the week (Nov. 26th, every Friday) and the only thing to show patrons and the public since there are no Next Steps progress. I would love to see actual gameplay after a few years now, but unfortunately it's starting to look like maybe that isn't what this is all about.
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Other
    Cinebar wrote: »

Exactly, it plainly says join by Nov. 30th to get a postcard (upper crusty levels). There have been a few in the past two years. Was it the announcement of the week (Nov. 26th, every Friday) and the only thing to show patrons and the public since there are no Next Steps progress. I would love to see actual gameplay after a few years now, but unfortunately it's starting to look like maybe that isn't what this is all about.

The card thing is really odd.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be

It's going to be the Sims. Paralives told me they have no intention of adding occults.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited November 2021
    Other

It's going to be the Sims. Paralives told me they have no intention of adding occults.

Shame they would go with a Deal Breaker like that, but fine I guess it's Sims 5 for me.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    100%. I've been a long-term Patreon of the game, so I think it's possible I might get a discount or a free copy.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464

I'm sure I saw this one before I stopped supporting them. I wonder why they are just recycling questions.
    SimSpock wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

The card thing is really odd.

They sent out a few in the past year or so. It's something they do.
    edited December 2021
    100%. I've been a long-term Patreon of the game, so I think it's possible I might get a discount or a free copy.

It's not 'free' since you have been paying for it each month. How many years do you intend to pay for it each month? I stopped after I thought I had paid enough for a base game. :D
    I decided I was paying for a game, not to finance someone's life.

ETA: To All Concerned. I just checked the development page and as predicted Next Steps has been moved up sometime into the future and again (since it's Dec.) the same thing is stated again (over and over month after month) of what is being worked on...so there is no progress to be done on path finding, interactions, animations (other than Parafolk maker) or actual gameplay. This has been a full year of pushing "Next Steps" up every month. Please consider the fact this happens time and time again, and you may never actually see gameplay nor any other animations or interactions for these characters or programming to build the actual gameplay. If you believe you will, it's your choice. Go for it, however, I have my eyes wide open. And I will predict you will see the same thing at the beginning of Jan. 2022, on the development page that Next Steps will again be pushed up to sometime in the future. And Jan. will be the same list of things being worked on, as it has been the entire year of 2021.

Some think I'm harsh about this. However, it was money spent to see gameplay.....
    I no longer believe in them. Any game developer will tell you, you start with the engine and the 'world' and what is possible rather than a character creator if you are building a game similar to The Sims.
    Post edited by Cinebar on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top