Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    hiii!!! im TrineeLarsen, i've been playing sims since 2011!
    I started with the sims 3, and I just re-downloaded it, and I'm now on generation 2 of my legacy! I really LOVE TS3 gameplay!! I enjoy downloading cc and mods for both TS3 and TS4 :blush:

I bought the sims 4 in 2016, and i don't really use it for gameplay, but I love making sims and building their homes in TS4. I find TS4 gameplay quite lackluster :neutral:

Hello @TrineeLarsen :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been playing since 2011 and started simming by playing Sims 3. It is great that you are on generation 2 of your legacy! I hope your legacy continues to go well!
    Happy simming! :)
  • whoever1974whoever1974 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi. I'm mainly here because I want to ask a question on the forum lmao. Hope everyone is doing well!!
    Hi. I'm mainly here because I want to ask a question on the forum lmao. Hope everyone is doing well!!

Hello @whoever1974 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope you are going well also.When you are a full member, you will be able to make your own thread to ask your question.
  • ArowanaPrincessArowanaPrincess Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello there! I got the Sims 4 during that one time that they were giving away the base game for free and I have fallen in love with it. It's very nice to see such a wonderful community here :smiley:
    Hello there! I got the Sims 4 during that one time that they were giving away the base game for free and I have fallen in love with it. It's very nice to see such a wonderful community here :smiley:

Hello @ArowanaPrincess :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you got the Sims 4 base game when it was free, and now you are enjoying playing the game. Simming is enjoyable and fun!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads and posting about what is happening in your game.
  • AnnabellaroseAnnabellarose Posts: 30 Member
    At some point I earned my Fifth Anniversary badge for being here, but I guess I never noticed this thread. I am Annabellarose. I have played Sims 1, 2, 3 (not much compared to the others), and now 4. I don't think I used a mod until I got to Sims 4 (something to get rid of the famous people walk). I think I used a few pieces of CC in Sims 2 (wallpapers, I think). I mostly just like to build (instead of play, lol). I like to both (try to) build original builds (I have a huge imagination, but I get terrible "builder's block") and use real life house/floor plans as inspiration for my builds. A Facebook group that I was following had something like a build-a-day challenge (each day/build had some kind of a theme) last year early in the pandemic that I absolutely LOVED participating in; I would love to find more stuff like that to participate in on the regular. I like lurking around the forum and I would like to participate more, but for some reason I never could figure out how to start/post a thread of my own...
    At some point I earned my Fifth Anniversary badge for being here, but I guess I never noticed this thread. I am Annabellarose. I have played Sims 1, 2, 3 (not much compared to the others), and now 4. I don't think I used a mod until I got to Sims 4 (something to get rid of the famous people walk). I think I used a few pieces of CC in Sims 2 (wallpapers, I think). I mostly just like to build (instead of play, lol). I like to both (try to) build original builds (I have a huge imagination, but I get terrible "builder's block") and use real life house/floor plans as inspiration for my builds. A Facebook group that I was following had something like a build-a-day challenge (each day/build had some kind of a theme) last year early in the pandemic that I absolutely LOVED participating in; I would love to find more stuff like that to participate in on the regular. I like lurking around the forum and I would like to participate more, but for some reason I never could figure out how to start/post a thread of my own...

Hello @Annabellarose :) It is nice to meet you.
    New members are unable to start new threads until they become full members. You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978073/new-members-guide-welcome-to-the-forums#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.
    You will be able to start a new thread when you become a full member.

It is great that you played each of the earlier Sims 1,2,3 versions and now also play Sims 4. Each version is fun to play!
    Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is a great way of expressing our creativity through the game! It is enjoyable to try to reflect real life buildings and rooms in sims gameform.
    Happy building and simming! :)
  • AnnabellaroseAnnabellarose Posts: 30 Member
    I (finally, ha!) JUST stumbled upon the criteria for becoming a (full) member in another thread. I didn't even know that I wasn't a (full) member (with a Fifth Anniversary badge no less!) until just a few minutes ago. The not being able to have an avatar hasn't bothered me as much as not being able to start/post a new thread as I always seem to be looking for an answer to a question that no one else has asked before!

I need to participate here (on the forum) more. I have done a lot of "lurking" over the years.
  • DaftputDaftput Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello guys! I'm new here, none of my friends wants to talk about sims hence why I am here. :D

Problably my main forte is making a decent looking sims without ccs, since I spend more time remaking individual NPCs than playing the game itself.

haven't even fully experience later packs yet but as soon as I could finished most of the NPCs as the games keeps culling up.

looking forward to share and discuss about CAS and Build stuffs

Thankyou <3
  • curriedpeascurriedpeas Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello everyone! Been lurking on the forums for a minute and finally decided to join the fun myself!

My Sims journey started when I was around 7 and I haven't played in years and I recently got ~re~obsessed with it because of the pandemic.

The other day I actually told my mom that I got back into it and she shared a photo she took of me playing sims at our old computer desk when I was around 8 years old and there are Home Depot and Lowe's paint cards/chips covering the ENTIRE desk around me as I was clicking away at a build. Was always after that perfect build and still am :') Once I become a full member I would love to share the photo here on the forums if that is appropriate! I think it is a picture we all can identify with and it definitely gave me a laugh when I saw it now years later and realized how little things can change sometimes!!

Looking forward to joining the conversations and meeting fellow simmers!!!
    Daftput wrote: »
    Hello guys! I'm new here, none of my friends wants to talk about sims hence why I am here. :D

Problably my main forte is making a decent looking sims without ccs, since I spend more time remaking individual NPCs than playing the game itself.

haven't even fully experience later packs yet but as soon as I could finished most of the NPCs as the games keeps culling up.

looking forward to share and discuss about CAS and Build stuffs

Thankyou <3

Hello @Daftput :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you enjoy spending time in CAS creating and remaking sims. It is enjoyable giving background details to sims then choosing aspiration, traits and outfits that suit them.
    I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the forums threads.
    Hello everyone! Been lurking on the forums for a minute and finally decided to join the fun myself!

My Sims journey started when I was around 7 and I haven't played in years and I recently got ~re~obsessed with it because of the pandemic.

The other day I actually told my mom that I got back into it and she shared a photo she took of me playing sims at our old computer desk when I was around 8 years old and there are Home Depot and Lowe's paint cards/chips covering the ENTIRE desk around me as I was clicking away at a build. Was always after that perfect build and still am :') Once I become a full member I would love to share the photo here on the forums if that is appropriate! I think it is a picture we all can identify with and it definitely gave me a laugh when I saw it now years later and realized how little things can change sometimes!!

Looking forward to joining the conversations and meeting fellow simmers!!!

Hello @curriedpeas :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is lovely that you started simming when you were a young child and now you are back simming again. You would have special childhood memories of fun times spent simming. It is very nice and special that your Mother has a photo of you simming when you were younger :)
  • thearcticcirclethearcticcircle Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I'm thearcticcircle/Amy, I use she/they pronouns, and I primarily play The Sims 4 now but my favourite is 3. Looking forward to joining in on the discussions!
    edited December 2021
    Hi, I'm thearcticcircle/Amy, I use she/they pronouns, and I primarily play The Sims 4 now but my favourite is 3. Looking forward to joining in on the discussions!

Hello @thearcticcircle :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forums threads, meeting and chatting with fellow simmers, and enjoy posting about what is happening in your game.
  • deavvedeavve Posts: 20 Member
    Hi! I'm here to get technical help with TS when needed (which is often lol) and help others if I can. I play mainly TS3 right now
    deavve wrote: »
    Hi! I'm here to get technical help with TS when needed (which is often lol) and help others if I can. I play mainly TS3 right now

Hello @deavve :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope you will find the help that you need on the forums when issues arise, as well as enjoying reading the threads and posting about your sims in your game.
  • Hello everyone. Long time simmer, but not much time for forums. Been lurking a while now and finally decided to start posting.
    Hello everyone. Long time simmer, but not much time for forums. Been lurking a while now and finally decided to start posting.

Hello @FiendishlyDelighted :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming for a long time. You would have enjoyed spending many fun hours over the time creating, building and playing in live mode, over the time.
    I hope you will enjoy posting on the forum threads.
  • YdrannYdrann Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi, I've been playing Sims since the original one; which is a long time now that I think about it. I'm getting into challenges lately and also dabble in building.
    Ydrann wrote: »
    Hi, I've been playing Sims since the original one; which is a long time now that I think about it. I'm getting into challenges lately and also dabble in building.

Hello @Ydrann :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would lots of special memories of Sims households that you have played over the time.
    It is great that you are enjoying doing challenges and building. I hope that whatever your current challenge is, that it continues to go well. Building is an enjoyable way of expressing our creativity through the game!
  • Bo_JigglesBo_Jiggles Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi there! My name is Bo and I have been a long time Sim player. I love making Sims and leveling up their skills. I like to CAS more than build. I enjoy taking pictures and posting them to my personal page.
    Bo_Jiggles wrote: »
    Hi there! My name is Bo and I have been a long time Sim player. I love making Sims and leveling up their skills. I like to CAS more than build. I enjoy taking pictures and posting them to my personal page.

Hello @Bo_Jiggles :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you enjoy creating and playing sims households. It is enjoyable spending time in CAS, making a background story for the sim, and deciding on an aspiration, traits and outfits that suit them. You would enjoy seeing your sims spending time doing activities that help to increase their skill levels.
  • SansannaSansanna Posts: 37 Member
    Hello! I'm glad to have found a place to talk about the Sims! :blush: My background is this: I used to play Sims 1 and 2 as a child a lot, so they are full of nostalgia for me. I played Sims 3 for some time but then I guess I found other interests and stopped playing. At least 10 years went by and then came the pandemic, I was stuck at home and suddenly got the idea from somewhere that hey, maybe I could try Sims again. So in around March 2020 I bought Sims 4 for the first time and been playing it since, learning again all the ins and outs. I'm buying new expansions and packs every now on then from sales, so the game still definitely has a lot of new content for me. I'm also just loving building and playing a huge rotational legacy game and doing absolutely everything that's possible to do in the game. Still having fun and the Sims is the perfect way to forget the real world for a while :smile:
    Gallery id: sannaljm
    Sansanna wrote: »
    Hello! I'm glad to have found a place to talk about the Sims! :blush: My background is this: I used to play Sims 1 and 2 as a child a lot, so they are full of nostalgia for me. I played Sims 3 for some time but then I guess I found other interests and stopped playing. At least 10 years went by and then came the pandemic, I was stuck at home and suddenly got the idea from somewhere that hey, maybe I could try Sims again. So in around March 2020 I bought Sims 4 for the first time and been playing it since, learning again all the ins and outs. I'm buying new expansions and packs every now on then from sales, so the game still definitely has a lot of new content for me. I'm also just loving building and playing a huge rotational legacy game and doing absolutely everything that's possible to do in the game. Still having fun and the Sims is the perfect way to forget the real world for a while :smile:

Hello @Sansanna :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is lovely that you enjoyed playing Sims 1 and 2 as a child, and now you are back simming again, and playing Sims 4 due to being home as a result of the pandemic. Simming is a great way of taking a break from real life and all that our lives and days are holding. It is also very fun!
    I hope your rotational legacy game continues to go well!
  • LeccaLecca Posts: 123 Member
    Hi everyone! I’m Lecca, I’ve been reading the forums for years but I’m trying to become more active in discussions. I dabbled in sims 1 and 2 but truly became a simmer with TS3 (I miss playing Generations everyday lol). I’ve been playing TS4 since it came out but I never realized how big of a community this game has. Growing up it felt like the only people who knew the sims existed were my best friend and I. Now, having access to the forums and the sims community on YouTube is such a game changer, lol, I’ve learned so much from all the other amazing simmers out there and I can’t wait to see what’s next 😊😊

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top