Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Not my game but my daughter's. She has just emailed me this:

I wanted to show you this picture I took during one of my sims games, I think it's the saddest picture ever. My pet dog in the game had run away, she had a fight with my other pet dog, she got upset and that's why she'd run away.

I was pretty worried about this particular dog because she was an elder, so I knew she didn't have much time left. It felt like ages before she came back home! But then I got a notice that she was on her way home, and I was so happy, although I couldn't see her anywhere.

I panned my camera all over the place looking for her. Finally I saw her! She was just a few steps away from actually reaching the property. She died in the underpass!
    GK3YaUb.jpg

In the screenshot, you can see her just lying there. She's all stinky because she'd run away and couldn't have a bath. And even worse, look at what's next to her! She'd been bringing a present home to me! I was so sad, I know it's just a game but it haunted me for ages!
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    @Figwit That's so heartbreaking! Poor doggo.

Tonight, Guidry found out that Temperance had moved back to her old manor, which is an abandoned shell of the house it used to be. It's become the hangout for amateur ghost hunters and paranormal investigating youtube stars. No wonder. It's pretty much just a curse pit. He got Morgyn to go with him to check it all out.

2IIF66d.png

For some reason, Morgyn got extremely irritated and started loudly complaining to Guidry. You know something's wrong when Temperance is in a better mood than you are.

701dvlk.png

Turns out, he was just hangry.

2oczqDL.png
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I've been trying to play a Save File that I downloaded a couple of weeks ago. Today, I threw in the towel and called it quits because it's broken and I can't fix it. The person that set it up used a lot of cheats and mods to do things to aspirations, careers, skills, and household funds. Cheats were also used to add hidden traits. I also kept getting Last Exception notices for missing build items when Sims entered lots, even empty ones. So, I gave up.

Playing this Save File wasn't a waste of time though because I found quite a few interesting Sims that I plan to re-create by making genetic twins that don't have maxed aspirations, careers, or skills. I also learned a lot about holidays and how to use the calendar. This Save File does have an interesting calendar with a lot of events.

I'm going to keep this Save File because the Grim Reaper has the Gloomy trait. He gets very, very sad and starts crying every time he has to collect some poor Sim that froze to death. It's pretty funny.
  • hailexityhailexity Posts: 26 Member
    I'm currently playing a rotational save. There's two households right now, but that will increase as the next generation ages up and moves out. I initially started with one household in Henford on Bagley when Cottage Living came out, consisting of two parents, Atticus and Eden Brewer, who have since passed from age, and their children, Hazel and August.

Hazel now lives in San Myshuno with her husband, Rahul Chopra, in an industrial penthouse. Hazel is an adult who has mastered the cooking, gourmet cooking, and writing skills, which benefits her greatly in her career as a food critic. She has also published a large variety of books, which she receives royalties from. Rahul, on the other hand, is a true Renaissance Sim, and is currently on his third career, Education, which he is enjoying and doing well in. He just became an elder. They have two daughters, Ava and Tara. Ava is a teen, who is an artistic prodigy that already has a foot in the door of fame. She also excels in school. Tara is a child, who loves learning and exploring. She wants to help the world, and has a passion for recycling.

August has been in love with Olive Tinker since primary school, and they have since moved to Brindleton Bay and had twin girls. Their daughters, Aria and Stella, are teens now, but August and Olive only just got married after a very long engagement, now making them Mr. and Mrs. Brewer. August had always loved tending to the animals on the family farm growing up, so now he pours that love into the vet clinic he owns, and he's even maxed the veterinarian skill. Meanwhile, Olive spends most of her time on the computer either programming or video gaming, as she is well on her way in her career to becoming a Tech Guru. Both of the twins are A students at the high school, but they have very different personalities. Aria is currently on level 9 of the wellness skill, she is constantly meditating or practicing yoga. She's very high maintenance and dreams of owning her own spa someday. Stella, however, enjoys playing the guitar and piano, singing, and dancing, and she hopes theses skills will eventually help her become a famous musician.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I have more details planned beyond just that for the four members of the third generation, including their future cities, house build style, and what kind of people their partners are going to be. I've even planned most of the lives of the fourth generation too, and they're not even born yet lol. But this is also the furthest I've ever gotten with a legacy save, which I'm really excited about! All my planning might be a bit overkill, but at least the amount of organization is keeping me from getting bored since I know I have new "lifestyles" that I'll get to try out if I keep going.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    hope you feel better soon @GalacticGal !

Me, too. Thank you. I don't wish to be ill over Christmas. As it is I am missing the funeral of a dear friend who passed from Covid. He has two teen sons. Their mother died a few years back. This 'cold' is being called the head cold from … You know that firey place down below.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @hailexity Don't be embarrassed, that's exactly how to keep yourself involved with your Legacy. Sounds like you're having fun! I applaud you.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    hope you feel better soon @GalacticGal !

Me, too. Thank you. I don't wish to be ill over Christmas. As it is I am missing the funeral of a dear friend who passed from Covid. He has two teen sons. Their mother died a few years back. This 'cold' is being called the head cold from … You know that firey place down below.

So sorry for your loss but glad you’re feeling better. Covid has been devastating to so many. Prayers for those teenage boys, too.
    When your bestie calls because he's having some recurring embarrassment from that Murphy bed death thing...

You listen...

43b7r5Q.png

You empathize...

lN2BI7K.png

You encourage...

HZsE0Us.png

And you invite him to your place for Cauldron Pasta, because comfort food fixes everything.

VfCmyz5.png
    edited March 2022
    An Interesting Twist

Moved by the author to the Creative Corner threads. Thank you.

All for now. The mods I need, miraculously have all been deemed compatible. I may end up patching today. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for reading. Oh, and I took a test I'm Covid-free! It's just that mother of all head-colds going around. Praise God!

Post edited by GalacticGal on
    An Interesting Twist

Despite it being a vacation from school, so far, the mean hot summer schedule was harder than Erik imagined it could be. Starting off with his very first nomination, which lead to a second nomination, to which he was quite pleased.
    mMyNEBd.jpg
    Z2a7zRt.jpg

Before the end of the first week, Erik's focus took a very interesting turn. Suddenly, even though he was totally unconscious of it, his acting abilities busily simmering, erupted to the surface.
    The sensation that ran through him was unlike anything he'd ever experienced. Who was watching him so closely? And why?
    AXdJF5C.jpg
    After that came the invitations to take character parts in major movies. The scenes and the way movies were made intrigued him.
    ROf6mSH.jpg
    The roles surprisingly meaty for this newcomer expected to pull off a rather dramatic solo-bit.
    w9imXW8.jpg

Erik spent a great deal of time down at the Taygeta Music, LTM. Studios, churning out album after album. He only had one week of high school to go after the summer break and shortly thereafter the four eldest kids in the family would be off to Britechester-U. He had personal goals he set for himself. He wanted ten released with three in the can, to be released one for each Term to keep himself front and center. He understood his father's reasoning for him to go to university, in case something untoward should happen, skuttling his career, but at the same time, trying to keep him out-of-the-limelight all on its own could wreak havoc on his career. That's when he and Kayleigh came up with this plan. She was the perfect fit for him. So supportive.
    At the Wake of Time was his sixth album
    QaLi6f1.jpg
    Followed closely by Four Chords to Destiny
    wiBWdkK.jpg
    Redirected Future was album number eight
    mYzZ8sO.jpg
    Behind the Veil was number Nine
    ejrkiip.jpg
    And, finally, Just Erik, II his tenth album
    qW0V9rT.jpg

The kids all attempted to make the most of their vacation. Erik, if he wasn't calling to chat on the phone, certainly made a point to text Kayleigh every morning and then again in the evening just to wish her a good night. In between it all, he also held concerts. Then came the third nomination. Erik was nearly quaking with the news. What if he should fail? What if his song wasn't selected as the Best? In order to keep himself from having a meltdown, he organized outings.
    Dinner out at Giorgio's Italiano, with Kayleigh, where they talked a lot. Erik was always discovering new things about her. And, he was falling hopelessly in love.
    ZvWfwng.jpg
    Sometimes, she would win a point in the discussion and just get up to emphasize it. He loved that about her, although sometimes it stung a bit, too.
    t43lB5A.jpg
    Dropping her off back home, her sisters were there to act like the fans they were.
    9nkKewR.jpg
    Finally, they went back inside. Erik could say goodnight, almost in private. The Paparazzi all but tethered themselves to him. So, he gave her a kiss on the cheek, instead of the deeper kiss he had craved. And why is the Paparazzi dressed just like me?
    8cXPFkp.jpg

Sunday, after Church, they all decided to go bowling. Erik had some pent-up tension he needed to expel. What a joke that was. Nothing seemed to work. The four plus lanes were empty, but for some odd reason they couldn't get the girls to bowl with them. Then they were surrounded with cameras and whatnot. Erik decided to just go ahead and throw a ball. He hadn't bowled in so very long he was likely rusty. Not that he was very good in the first place.
    He selected a ball, got on the lane, set the ball, and drew in a quiet breath. The room was very noisey.
    Nr1Ac0q.jpg
    When he was ready, he took the steps while drawing his arm back to finally fling it from his hand down the lane. Not bad form, he decided.
    HTsEjPV.jpg

PBP Studios was his next stop. All gussied up, showered and refreshed, Erik reminded himself to breathe deeply to help calm his churning emotions. Unlike the nightmares, the Host showed up and actually presented awards. Whew, one phaser blast dodged. To his complete astonishment, his name was announced for Best Song. By now, he almost had the statement memorized. He was three for three. Getting to his feet, he glanced around at his peers. Judith Ward smiled widely. Dirk Dreamer nodded, as did Thorne Bailey, whom he could now call his friend. Erik's head was in a fog, however. Nothing seemed real.
    iVxtnBk.jpg
    Until, that is, he was handed the still-heavy trophy.
    sntFzAw.jpg
    "I have to say, I'm shocked and humbled to be standing here again. It's almost embarrasing."
    zkog8GX.jpg
    "Thank you for this Honor, again."
    X7zyQT7.jpg
    "Thank you, and good night, everyone."
    hajFheB.jpg

The house seemed inordinately quiet upon his return. Taking a look around, he ended up checking the laundry room. He didn't know why but sometimes they liked to congregate in this room. "Erik," Brianna said, as he drew near.
    "I'm so very proud of you."
    9ZFgMJm.jpg
    And then they were joined by his mother and two of his brothers. "I brought you a sandwich," Louise said.
    "Thanks, Mom, how did you know I was hungry?"
    "A mother knows."
    ZYyTix4.jpg
    "I'm so very proud of you, son."
    eX88Tcx.jpg
    "Hey, give us a chance to congratulate him, too, okay?" Joey said.
    ekp9RYo.jpg
    "Okay, same to you, bud," Aaron said. "I've known him longer."
    sHcr4ei.jpg
    "Anybody know where Dad is? Has Adrian gone to bed already?"
    "Try the dining room. He's been working on that Scholarly paper that's due," Louise said.
    "I love you guys, you know that, right?" Erik said, as he left the laundry room. Stepping into the archway between the kitchen and the Butler's Pantry, he spied his father. To Erik it almost felt like a showdown. "Hey, son, you're back. How did it go?"
    "You didn't watch?" Erik couldn't keep the disappointment from his voice. His father looked chastened, for which he regretted. "No, I'm sorry, I had this derned paper. My boss has been all over me to finish it."
    "I'm sorry, Dad. Did you get it done, at least?"
    "Yes, finally, but by then the show was over. Guessing from the general hoopla I heard from the living room, that you won?"
    8LIUQIE.jpg
    "Yeah, by the grace of God, yeah."
    "Come here, I love you so much, Erik. I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of your accomplishment."
    "I love you, too, Dad," Erik choked out, sounding like a sob, as his emotions bubbled forth. When did things get so hard between us?
    fYmMGOM.jpg
    Joseph gave his son another squeeze. "Sorry, I have to go give a final edit to the paper."
    "Okay, but don't work to late," Erik grinned. "You have school in the morning."
    "I bet you've been chomping at the bit to use that one on me," Joseph said. Erik just grinned.
    "Hey, there you are, " Adrian said, as he entered the Butler's Pantry. "I heard you were home. Nice job. Say, my teacher asked me to do an interview with you if you won again. So, how does it feel?"
    "You're teacher? School is out for Summer, Dude."
    "Okay, you caught me. I have a vlog. I thought it would be cool if I could interview you. So, how does it feel?"
    "Grand, it feels grand."
    khcw7Jq.jpg
    "So, are the girls all chasing after you trying to tear your clothes off for a souvenir?"
    "What? Where do you come up with this stuff? No, no they aren't, should they be? Do you think my career's in trouble?" then Erik burst into laughter.
    P8rAprg.jpg
    "No, I think you'll survive."
    "Well, thank you very much for your confidence. I'm going to bed, now."

All for now. The mods I need, miraculously have all been deemed compatible. I may end up patching today. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for reading. Oh, and I took a test I'm Covid-free! It's just that mother of all head-colds going around. Praise God!

Great story. I’m glad your mods are safe. I think mine are as well. May do the patch tonight.
    edited December 2021
    Guidry was invited to the GeekCon by a fellow ghost, who then... um ghosted him. He stayed, anyway.

He enjoyed the cosplayers, but this one was a bit uncomfortably familiar...

1UFi6ik.png

He was able to go under the radar because everyone just assumed he was another cosplayer. "Cool ghost effect, dude! Let's get a selfie!"

9IcPuyo.png

But he couldn't resist pulling the "ghost scare." Whaddaya know? Looks like "superheroes" really can fly!

FtcrtON.png
    Post edited by cyncie on
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    I love those two @cyncie
    gen3-banner.png
    I love those two @cyncie
    Aww, thanks. Funny thing, after I got Guidry home from GeekCon Morgyn just showed up to hang out and wound up spending the night in the guest room. They are certainly an odd couple bromance.
    He knows she'd eat him in a heartbeat.

sqEGKrx.png

But, when her boombox broke, he fixed it.

Kb3RWUn.png

Because, you know, they're both all about the beats.

Bka75dt.png
  • spongegirl38spongegirl38 Posts: 22 Member
    Casey's parents moved in simply because I missed them after he moved out of their house. And they can help with the toddler, Natasha. Well, all very well and good, but guess what? His parents are elders now, which didn't stop his mother Josephine from becoming pregnant! I thought elders couldn't get pregnant! I didn't do it with a mod. I don't have any mods. I think I misunderstood something. Casey wanted them to move in so when I found an interaction Discuss Expanding Family (or something like that) I thought it meant them joining the household! Not old Mum getting pregnant! Now she has a baby daughter Charlotte. I can't cope with a toddler and a baby at the same time!

So what I really want to know is, how on Earth did this even happen!?
    Casey's parents moved in simply because I missed them after he moved out of their house. And they can help with the toddler, Natasha. Well, all very well and good, but guess what? His parents are elders now, which didn't stop his mother Josephine from becoming pregnant! I thought elders couldn't get pregnant! I didn't do it with a mod. I don't have any mods. I think I misunderstood something. Casey wanted them to move in so when I found an interaction Discuss Expanding Family (or something like that) I thought it meant them joining the household! Not old Mum getting pregnant! Now she has a baby daughter Charlotte. I can't cope with a toddler and a baby at the same time!

I assume this was part of the Neighborhood Stories update. The Discuss Expanding Family interaction is about having a baby. By engaging with that you gave the game permission to create that scenario.
    edited December 2021

I would be likely to call it a change-of-life surprise! Happily, in reality, I'm long past that worry. When you think you can't anymore, but suddenly you do? :open_mouth: If you are looking for advice, I would suggest you do a two-step fix. 1) Age Charlotte up to Toddler, and 2.) take your family into cas.fulleditmode and age her into a Child. This would put her more in line of when mama was able to conceive and not when she is practically on her deathbed.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,774 Member
    Agnes vs Clara: 0 - 1

LqA3NSW.png

FbjXqSV.png

Z4tJWed.png

gqINnjV.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    Agnes vs Clara: 0 - 1

LqA3NSW.png

FbjXqSV.png

Z4tJWed.png

gqINnjV.png

LOL! They need to start a bridge club with Nancy Laandgrab and Judith Ward. Let the fireworks fly.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,774 Member
    @cyncie , great idea :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    The Goth family are uniquely positioned in my game. They have one foot in the human world and the other in the world of magic. They continue to live in Willow Creek but have considerable influence with those who separated to form The Myst. Caleb's attempts to get the other residents of Forgotten Hollow to join him in his petition for annexation into the Myst have been met with a lot of resistance, due to Vlad's ongoing control of the village. So, he sought out an ally in Mortimer Goth and invited him to come over for a discussion.

AvtAkuC.png

Mortimer was hesitant to get involved at first and Caleb was disappointed.

hb40DmP.png

But his sister was very assertive.

5EKlkHu.png

And wound up convincing Mortimer that their cause might be workable.

tkplTrM.png

Mortimer went upstairs to the library to help Caleb research his options. They agreed to meet again to work out a plan.

dhpMbL1.png

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited December 2021
    Roommates Sarah and Daniel kept arguing, as always.
    UifTwFS.png

Sarah vacuumed to calm herself out.
    k1OfcxN.png

Later Sarah talked with her good friend Penny Pizzazz in the hallway and argued with Lily Feng.
    h8mW9QO.png
    fgLY1Hq.png

The next day was Love Day and Daniel was getting ready for possible dates.
    yuNbny9.png

Penny Pizzazz asked Daniel for a date. The date ended up on them kissing,
    pofPKSp.png
    VgzwDgP.png

When Daniel got home he was so flirty that he forgot his earlier argument with Sarah and gave her a flower.
    3va2t4k.png

One thing led to another...
    8JM4CJv.png

... and another. :o
    HGUufV2.png

Poor Penny. Also poor Sarah, she doesn't know that Daniel just had a date with her friend Penny. :#
    Uh-oh, that's a major=league no-no between friends and siblings, too. Can cause a real rift between them. So much drama you've got going on.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    The Lembeck tale has come to an end for now in my simworld...Danielle hit the top of the culinary career and I left her story off there for now.

I'm now raising up some of the random kids that are dotted around my simworld as leftovers from old tales with the intention of creating a little more qualified pool for parents in future tales. Up first: Eliza Pancakes and her son Hugh. Hugh, incidentally, is not Bob's kid. He's the fourth (that I've raised up) child of Simo Koivonen and "every woman he could 'try for baby' with during his lifetime", nine kids by seven women. Lots of half-siblings making for some weird stories in their own right. Nicolette Lembeck and Rodney Nixon are half siblings and Nicolette's husband is cheating on her with Rodney's wife. I'm leaving the question open whether Veronica's kid (when she has one) is Danielle's cousin...or her half-sibling!
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    @Kimmer That's the type of spicy drama I live for. Love it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top