Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Derandomifying CAS parts?

So I wanted to get back into TS3 having been playing TS2 for a long time, and my biggest problem is stopping townies from looking like Ronald McDonald or a 3rd party offbrand!

I've removed a lot of my sillier CC, derandomified the other custom content outfits through SIMPE. But theres one teeny tiny major problem. Packs like ITF still have all of its clothes enabled for townies, swimwear with the flippers from IP and Generations are still active, and would look out of place and I'd like to completly disable them, without hiding them for Sims and outfits I want to use them on.

CASP editor for me doesn't work as I play with Origin and version 1.69, and it doesn't show items under any of the categories. Which means I don't know if I have any other options for stopping CAS parts from appearing on randoms.

If anyone knows how to stop my townies dressing weirder than these guys then I owe you a thanks!
pzpkb5e.jpeg

(Which in perspective, I feel TS2 did pretty well, I never encountered Sims with pink gorilla hats or Santa Claus beards by default! Although it was sometimes funny to see odd townies)
L9q8VGi.png

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    This sounds like a job for NRaas Dresser, specifically the part where you can blacklist any CAS item you don't want to see sims wearing:

https://www.nraas.net/community/Blacklisting

I don't use Dresser and can't help beyond that tutorial, and I think that's true for a lot of people here. But if you post on the NRaas site, someone there can answer any questions you might have.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    So since you know how to use s3pe I get to keep this brief. Get s3oc (Sims 3 Object Cloner) if you haven't yet, load CAS parts, select what you want and click "Clone", and yes this has to be done one at a time...

These are the settings you want to have, do NOT renumber/rename internally.

skarniG.png

You have a new package now. Open it and delete everything except for the CASP and KEY entries.

zluMywL.png

You can then modify the CASP file however you'd like to, save, and put in your game. You can also merge all those into one package if you find yourself mad with power about this and have dozens, like so. As you can tell I really don't like messing around with Dresser :pensive:
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited November 2021
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    So since you know how to use s3pe I get to keep this brief. Get s3oc (Sims 3 Object Cloner) if you haven't yet, load CAS parts, select what you want and click "Clone", and yes this has to be done one at a time...

These are the settings you want to have, do NOT renumber/rename internally.

You have a new package now. Open it and delete everything except for the CASP and KEY entries.
    You can then modify the CASP file however you'd like to, save, and put in your game. You can also merge all those into one package if you find yourself mad with power about this and have dozens, ]. As you can tell I really don't like messing around with Dresser :pensive:

Aye, same with Dresser here. Found it too tricky to setup properly for my world's population.
    I owe you a thanks, should be the last time I have to go edit generated Sims to not wear that dreaded wizard hat or ITF outfits that every 2nd male townie gets generated with. Especially with Carver's default replacements at least cleaning up most expansions clothing categories enough to reduce the workload.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • GravityWellGravityWell Posts: 7 New Member
    The best way I've found to handle poorly dressed townies is the "re-categorizer" mods floating around the net. They're pre-built edits to the outfit slots and random setting on clothing, some hair and makeup also.

https://mega.nz/folder/6dtl2QBT#KUsqd219bhONQDROiBbfSg

This folder should have all you need to sort out the worst silliness. Enjoy
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    @GravityWell , Thanks for digging up the link. The recategorization was driving me bats and I'm glad that somewhere there's something to take care of that completely. Will download and add to my game. The poorly dressed townies were driving me to distraction.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • GravityWellGravityWell Posts: 7 New Member
    You're very welcome! They really are lifesaving little mods.