Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how's gardening these days?

I know growing plants has been buggy and I haven't really done it lately. I did just have a spellcaster have a valerian root plant inside her house (sheltered) and it never grew to harvest. I was thinking of having my new sim be a flower arranger and have a greenhouse so i don't have to worry about the flowers in or out of seasons. Is gardening still buggy or will my sim be able to grow the various flowers in the game?

Comments

• GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Hi @aaronrulz I hope I can be of some help as my main Sim is a gardener/flower arranger with a greenhouse and sheltered plants. Here is my experience:

Sheltered plants bloom all year round regardless of the season.

The bugs I still have issues with are that plants will revert back to dirt piles or become bare often (but if you have no issue with cheats then you can choose the blooming state of your plants of this happens). And harvestables ending up in the household inventory.

Despite the bugs, I'm still finding the gardening/flower arranging quite fun. :smile:
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Yeah, I still have problems here and there. Best I can tell, it’s common for my dragonfruit plants to revert, along with my spliced plants. It might be connected with traveling off the lot.

There’s definitely an issue where if you travel off the lot (or save and reload) while there are harvestables on a plant, those harvestables will end up in the family inventory. And that’s annoying to deal with from there. So I’ve changed the time I hit save and make sure everything is harvested before traveling.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    Yeah, I still have problems here and there. Best I can tell, it’s common for my dragonfruit plants to revert, along with my spliced plants. It might be connected with traveling off the lot.

There’s definitely an issue where if you travel off the lot (or save and reload) while there are harvestables on a plant, those harvestables will end up in the family inventory. And that’s annoying to deal with from there. So I’ve changed the time I hit save and make sure everything is harvested before traveling.

I thought it might be connected to travelling, but I wasn't sure. I'll start harvesting before I save/travel now, that's a good tip, thank you!
    (I try not to harvest too much as I like having a colourful garden with all my plants...missing the point of gardening, I know. :lol: ).
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    ok thanks for the help! my take away note here is to harvest before I travel! lol.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    The biggest issue I have with gardening isn't a bug, it's a feature. I hate how seasons changed gardening. If you want to garden, you have to have a green house. And it makes the herbalist trait almost impossible. I tried to get it on a Sim and the plants I needed in Granite Falls were never in season. I will either have to cheat it, or take seasons out to complete it.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    The biggest issue I have with gardening isn't a bug, it's a feature. I hate how seasons changed gardening. If you want to garden, you have to have a green house. And it makes the herbalist trait almost impossible. I tried to get it on a Sim and the plants I needed in Granite Falls were never in season. I will either have to cheat it, or take seasons out to complete it.

Ugh, I know - I just tried completing the herbalist trait... everything is only ready in summer, and then you've got to wait a few days for everything to bloom properly. I also made the mistake of thinking that if I purchased unidentified plants from the garden stall in Henford-on-Bagley, that would help out - the problem was that I couldn't identify those plants, and when I picked them in Granite Falls (I used the season changer to make it summer) I couldn't identify them as a new plant either... it was very infuriating, to be honest. I ended up skipping that portion of the aspiration with the cheat.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.