Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much longer can you tolerate Sims 4's lifespan?

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,286 Member
    edited November 2021
    I'm fine playing the Sims 4 for quite a few more years - End of 2025 to 2026 (4-5 years)
    I really hope I get to play for quite a few more years, but realistically, I'm getting up there in years. While there is no time-stamp on the bottom of my foot, you just never know. But, I'm enjoying Sims 4 and have no desire to move on to Sims 5, especially if it is to be a multi-player game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I'm fine playing the Sims 4 for quite a few more years - End of 2025 to 2026 (4-5 years)
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    (Also, worrying news from EA about mandatory NFTs in all new games).

I saw that on Twitter and I'm so confused abt what it is and what it means.

NFTs are for art what bitcoin is for money, only worse, faker and less smart. It is based on block chains just like crypto currencies, which means it is literally destroying the planet for profit.
    For art, it is a Ponzi scheme, For games, I imagine it will be like regular DLCs, but you have to use bitcoin and it will literally destroy nature every time you buy one. So LESS bad than for say art or music, but much worse than "normal" DLC.

It is also worth noting that NFTs are mainly used for money laundering for criminals, so far.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I want to play the Sims 4 for much longer - End of 2027+ (6+ years)

NFTs are for art what bitcoin is for money, only worse, faker and less smart. It is based on block chains just like crypto currencies, which means it is literally destroying the planet for profit.
    For art, it is a Ponzi scheme, For games, I imagine it will be like regular DLCs, but you have to use bitcoin and it will literally destroy nature every time you buy one. So LESS bad than for say art or music, but much worse than "normal" DLC.

It is also worth noting that NFTs are mainly used for money laundering for criminals, so far.

I am not sure how they would add such Hocus pocus to the game. For once, it's not mainstream enough, second I don't think many simmers have bitcoin or other such accounts and if they did then probably they either millionaires or not really willing to spend their bitcoins on sims. I agree with you on the money laundering aspect of NFTs and any such artificially overpriced merchandise.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Yeah it sounds complicated and I doubt that much simmers are using bitcoin or anything like that. So I don't really see them using this to replace dlc.

I still don't understand it so I can't expect them adding this to the game since it's pretty complicated and probably only people that are educated on bit coin or crypto currency or the economy or whatever would understand any of this lol.

And if they are marketing the game to teenagers this is even less likely that they would do this. Because I doubt any of them will have bitcoin or be able to explain to their parents what that even is.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I hope Sims 5 comes out the earliest it realistically can - Fall 2023 (2 years)
    Hauk150 wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm waiting for this game called Paralives, it looks super awesome

Me too!
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'm still enjoying 4. I don't own all the packs and haven't fully explored the ones I have, so I'm fine. I am not at all interested in starting over any time soon. I played 1 for years, and actually didn't start buying 2 until 3 was out. I held off on 2 because I didn't want to start with base game and wind up missing all the extras that I'd had with 1. I never bought 3, I didn't like the sound of the open world and the sims themselves were unattractive to me.
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    So far I do not plan on buying the Sims 5 if it plans to go the MMO route so Sims 5 can take as ling as it likes since I am not interested in multiplayer in the least bit.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Hahaha "tolerate". Well someone has made their feelings clear. :p

Personally, I'm not in a rush to jump to a new iteration. While I'm not entirely satisfied with Sims 4, I'm also not ready to say goodbye to my Vampires and the jungle and the beautiful worlds and Batuu and Spellcasters and Vlad. I'm not looking forward to starting over with a new barebones game, even if the mechanics are superior. I'm definitely curious as to what the next game will look like but I'm also skeptical about the focus because I think EA is going to continue to follow trends and cancel culture and people pleasing the most vocal and internet aggressive groups. I don't think we'll see a return to the cheeky satire of failure exploits that the game was originally designed for. It's a new era, so to speak

Sims 2 was very special to me, it had a humorous honesty that was addictive and surprises that could keep me engaged for hours and hours and never got stale. I didn't actually feel like I needed Occults in that game (but was very happy to have them) because there was other dark and gritty gameplay and humor built into the day to day life of every Sim. In TS4, the Occults made the game for me, made it worth playing, made it worth sticking with it for so many years and more to come. They are two different games that I've enjoyed in different ways. I wish I could have enjoyed Sims 3 but I just.... didn't. The features of Sims 2 that I utilized in my gameplay so much and came to rely on and love were scrapped or warped in Sims 3 in a way that just ruined the game for me. So if Sims 5 ends up leaning back in that direction with the addition of Sims 4's trend pandering, I will probably skip that one as well. And Paralives looks like it's going to be a more "real life" simulator with no real "game" aspect to it, so that's not for me either. I do hope they succeed and grow though, for the people who love that kind of gameplay and also because competition is good for the industry.

Anyway, I'd like to see a few more good years of development for TS4, particularly in the core mechanics and Occult areas.
    #Team Occult
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I want as much as possible (while the game still plays/runs well), as I've realized after playing and buying multiple generations of this game that I don't want to start over and wait years for a complete game again. One day I may buy Sims 5 when it's closer to being complete. I do enjoy my Sims 4 quite a lot.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i might be ready for sims5 but it need in order for me as a player to buy to be fully offline 1 and 2 be a major wow with toggles to turn off 1 aging 2 super naturals since i am not a super natural player other wise ill be sticking to the sims4 but am keeping watch on sims 5 info
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    It will depend on how they will use the remaining time.

If it helps them to improve TS4 and make TS5 better than the previous games, longer would be better for both games.

• EllierosexEllierosex Posts: 359 Member
    I love sims, I stand by it if the sims 5 takes forever, but I'd like a new game out as it will get annoying for now it's okay but personally i'd want a sims 5 out..

I don't know, why I want a new game out as recently, I have started playing again! but, I love meeting new friends so it's a bonus
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited November 2021
    Well now that they've dumped Stuff Packs in favour of the more expensive Kits, I'm not sure if I can last, especially with the Occults being so poorly treated. WHERE MY WEREWOLVES AT EA?!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited November 2021
    I used to look forward to the next installment in the franchise. I thought that it had to be better than TS4, which changed horses midstream. I don't believe that the next installment will be better. I dread it.

I believe that TS4 is the last Sim game that will even vaguely resemble the franchise that I once loved. The avalanche of small 'kits' in lieu of packs is a sign to me that the community is being gently nudged toward the next game which will more closely resemble a mobile game. Scavenger hunts, kits, timed scenarios, and live events in a single-player game -- all of the clues are there. The thing is, if I had wanted to play online/mobile games or to complete with my fellow Simmers, I would have played the mobile games that already exist. I tried them and I didn't like them.

By the time that the next game in the series drops, the TS4 community will have been well prepared for an always-online, have-your-credit-card-handy, you-must-play-now-not-later mobile app experience. So, for me, it doesn't really matter how long TS4 lasts because I'm no longer looking forward to the next installment in the franchise. The series is transforming into something I neither recognize nor enjoy. I'm disappointed to say that I can no longer support it.

(/venting over)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    Will Sims 5 be "always online and have your credit card ready"? I highly doubt that EA/Maxis wants to drive loyal Sims fans away by foolishly repeating the Sim City 2013 fiasco. I don't think EA wants to risk killing the franchise or see its loyal customers abandon Sims for other games such as Paralives.

I've heard that several MMORPG games have died out since 2017, and that some game companies are abandoning the subscription services altogether. Also,a lot of gamers stay away from subscription games. It seems gamers would rather spend their money on important things such as putting food on the table,paying bills, keeping a roof over their heads,etc. They don't want to waste money on any subscription games.

We should'nt jump to conclusions or make assumptions until EA/Maxis officialy announces and releases Sims 5.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    I am good with TS4. I really like the game, and I am not really interested in starting over waiting for the same expansions etc.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I want an offline sims game. As it is now, I play Sims 4 offline 99.9% of the time.
    edited November 2021
    Moving forward for what ? Waiting for The Sims 6 or 7 ?

I still enjoy to play to The Sims 2, 3 and 4 in 2021.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I really want it to end!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Ideally I'd like to not be waiting 4+ years for another game. It seems like the ideas for packs are running low now anyways since all we're getting is kits so I don't see the game being dragged out for that much longer

I hope you’re right.

I really want a better, more immersive game. I want smart sims who react when their husband is woohooing their best friend in the next room. I want slow dancing and cuddling in bed. I want burglars, cars, and repo people. I want real hardships.

I want a sandbox and non rpg-like gameplay.

Bring on the next game!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I am not sure how they would add such Hocus pocus to the game. For once, it's not mainstream enough, second I don't think many simmers have bitcoin or other such accounts and if they did then probably they either millionaires or not really willing to spend their bitcoins on sims. I agree with you on the money laundering aspect of NFTs and any such artificially overpriced merchandise.

Sorry to disappoint:

EA says NFTs are part of the future of games industry
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59167668

I can only imagine what hell sims 5 will be. "Create a Sim and own it forever!". NFT sims birth certificates, awards, etc. They will also likely throw in some metaverse nonsense as well.

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Sorry to disappoint:

I can only imagine what hell sims 5 will be. "Create a Sim and own it forever!". NFT sims birth certificates, awards, etc. They will also likely throw in some metaverse nonsense as well.

EA/Maxis would only do that if they really want to see people switching to Paralives and other games. I can't imagine EA/Maxis wanting to lose money and loyal customers by doing something as pointless and useless as NFTs.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Since the last time I was genuinly excited for something was with Get Together I think is easy to understand why for me TS4 could literally end tomorrow.
    edited November 2021

The Sims 5 could be the new Facebook, a game designed to collect all data about us.

In term of income, it would beat the Fifa Ultimate Team gambling system.

Facebook : $29.14 billion
    Fifa Ultimate Team: $1.62 billion
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

The Sims 5 could be the new Facebook, a game designed to collect all data about us.

In term of income, it would beat the Fifa Ultimate Team gambling system.

Facebook : $29.14 billion
    Fifa Ultimate Team: $1.62 billion

Indeed, though I do have to wonder how a multiplayer sims would work. I mean I don't want to be the sim that drowns in the ladderless pool or gets the door removed from a little room in the basement- Help :( I can't see anymore. Anyone there?

I think flogging digital assets would get traction though, especially if some folk think they are getting something unique.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison