Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats your overall reception on kits so far?

13...Next

Comments

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited November 2021
    I do not like kits because of the content.
    I am waiting for another gameplay kit. I find no use for the CAS and build kits.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I am neutral about kits. I neither strong like or strongly dislike.
    They are kind of "meh". I don't hate them but I don't particularly like them that much either.
    It bothers me that kits replaced stuff packs that I really liked. The latest stuff packs were great and they just seemed to get better. Now we're just getting these tiny kits that don't even have gameplay features. I feel very disappointed when I even think of how good the Paranormal stuff pack was and now were just getting few plants and decorations or clothes that not many of my Sims would even use.
    I'm not completely against the kits, I've purchased them all and some of them have been nice, but please bring back stuff packs too.
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    Extremely useless. Basically paid CC. I literally downloaded plant CC out of spite.

Bust The Dust: Merge it with Parenthood or Laundry Day and call it something else. Or perhaps with Eco Lifestyle too, not a bad idea at all.
    Country Kitchen: Merge it with Cottage Living.
    Throwback Fit: Perhaps merge it with Seasons? Idk.
    Courtyard Oasis: Merge it with Dream Home Decorator.
    Industrial Loft: Same as above.
    Fashion Street & Incheon Arrival: Merge them with City Living
    Blooming Rooms: Merge it with Backyard whatever stuff pack. Or even with Outdoor Retreat!! I don't know, just merge it with an outdoor themed pack!
    Modern Menswear: Should be in the base game.

I've changed my mind on Bust The Dust. It can be a useful Kit because if you want that "chores at home" and "realistic" type of gameplay, then go ahead and buy it! It's literally the only one that stands out to me, but would I buy it? Nah. Maybe in the distant future. Maybe. Other kits are stale and I wouldn't touch them. CC all the way.
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    I like kits. I like the price & amount, but I wish the content was different. (I.e want more gameplay)
    keekee53 wrote: »
    seriously though, HOW many kits are we going to get. It is getting ridiculous.

How many sets did they sell in TS3 store? I wasn't around, so can't say. I believe it was way more than where the kits are now in numbers.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Yet another pack type... What's next? Micro-packs? Simmy Separates? Wonderful One-Offs?

It's too much. It's been too much.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    All of the content could have been in an expansion pack, game pack, or stuff pack. It's just milking more money out of folks. simple as that
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I've a few that fit with my building objectives but they're nothing to get excited about. EA can sales pitch all they want, but kits feel like crumbs and left-overs.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    edited December 2021
    I do not like kits because of the price.
    Deleted
    Post edited by PreCiious on
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I thought I might like the idea of kits when they announced Bust the Dust. But it was the only one that seems to have contained any type of gameplay activity/object etc. I did purchase a few stuff packs back when Graham was over stuff packs. I used several of the gameplay objects in different ways to create all kinds of situations and activities and community lots. Ice Cream Parlors, Ice Cream at the park, Movie Theaters, they worked pretty well and some other things. However, kits don't seem to be coming with gameplay objects but more or less just decor or CAS assets. Stuff packs seemed to be a better deal for gameplay. I wish they would put Graham back over Stuff packs at least they were more interesting and at least I did get some of those because of those gameplay objects.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    I like stuff packs though I skipped the paranormal one didn't need more cutesy ghosts/blobs.

As for the kits, some of the buy mode ones look good but they just feel like cut content from bigger packs. I know the same thing could be said with other packs but I don't care for any of the kits. There's no new gameplay like in SPs.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Kits = Cash Grab
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    I don't hate it.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I like KITs, I'm ok with the price but in my opinion every BB/CAS KIT should have more meshes because currently I feel that some concepts are uncompleted. For example Country Kitchen KIT doesn't contain any tables and chairs, Industrial Loft KIT has no floors and walls options, CAS kits contain everyday clothing in 90%, bust to dust KIT doesn't have a european style vacuum cleaner.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,027 Member
    I like the idea that kits can add something very unique to the game for a low price, but there is yet a kit that I want to buy, so at present I own none of them.

Personally, I like the regional kits most, with CAS items in a particular style that adds something new and fresh to the look of the game. I really wish they'd do build/buy kits as well as clothing kids, preferably slightly bigger kits with both build, buy and CAS from different regions in the world so that we could customise the worlds to our own liking (Turn San Myshuno into Seoul, Mumbai or London for instance, or transform Oasis Springs to a place in the middle east, northern Africa or Australia).
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I like kits. I like the content & price we have, but I wish the amount was different. (I.e I want less kits, more expansions)l)
    I like the build/buy and cas kits, but you couldn’t pay me to install the dust kit. If Laundry Day had been a kit I absolutely would not have gotten it.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I like kits. I like the price & amount, but I wish the content was different. (I.e want more gameplay)
    I really like the idea of "niche" kits that you can get or not get depending on interest. Since I don't use cc though for the most part I'm still pretty much interested in everything officially made so far.
    The price point is good to me also. I am in the US though so it's 5 bucks here. Lunch costs more.

Although... I was hoping for more niche themed gameplay kits and so far we only have Bust the Dust. I'd just like more ideas or concepts that might not make it into packs or are kind of separate or and offshoot of a broader theme... like for instance I'd love a way to tell fortunes, a tattoo artist chair (with career), maybe lawn care things... just more possibilities in general to play around with in my game. Especially things that I don't see fitting into a larger pack.
    egTcBMc.png
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I do not like kits, because of the amount.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Hate kits for all the reasons listed, price & content & amount, but the fact that we're getting so many without anything else announced is the final nail in the coffin for me.

They found a way to generate steady revenues without ever bothering to add to the game or even fix it, and it's despicable.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Honestly we didn't needed kits at all when TS4 is the game that offers more stuff than gameplay already.
  • berkleyrawberkleyraw Posts: 13 New Member
    Well I bought the Blooming KIt and the Industrial Kit so far. Here is the thing with the kits. I like the general approach but I dislike the amount for that price! In my opinion Kits should provide more items. Here are questions where I don't understand the approach of the kits regarding their content for the packs I own:

Industrial LOFT KIT :(
    - Items missing: Windows for all heights (why is there always a limit?)
    - It's a LOFT Kit it should have those typical matching doors and windows for all heights
    - missing swatches (incomplete matching sets - is it so hard to check how many swatches you made, but why?)
    - missing seating option (Why is it not having a complete seating set? Armchair, Loveseat and Sofa? Feels always incomplete

It's an Industrial LOFT Kit and it should have Spiral Stairs (one added to basegame at least) Industrial Lofts have usually higher wall heights therefore windows and doors matching for the industrial style should have been a part of this Kit in first place for all heights! Pretty dissapointing!

Blooming KIT :/
    - Items could have been slotted (grouped) but delivered separatly for more diversity (Sadly not the case and that applies for all additional packs)
    - Smaller Plants always lacking for decoration purpose on tables (Lacking in that department)

Don't smash all KITS together, they have to be separate and have their own category like all other packs!

EA is always leaving a desire for more but it would be better just to separate all items and rather group them to but make them available as single items, you would make all players happier. ;)
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited December 2021
    I actually have issues with both content and price but picked price because content is kind of a personal thing (e.g. I couldn't be less interested about vacuuming but others might find it appealing). In the end my true issue with them is that both the amount and quality of the content doesn't fit the price at all. Seriously, I have bought DLC for other games which had the exact same price and their content was WAY better and took much more effort from the devs. Like Episode Ardyn for FFXV introducing a new playable character, new cutscenes/animations, new cosmetics, new map, new intriguing lore, new music, etc. Yes, it's a different type of game but if you compare it to the amount of effort vs the price to what we get with TS4 kits then I'm pretty speechless actually. I guess the only argument they have is that TS4 content has more re-play value but that still doesn't take away from the fact that the other one required much more resources and dev time (they even had to do actual writing for the DLC), yet costs the same as these no effort (in comparison) kits.

Also, as further comparisons, there was a very sims-esque DLC for Skyrim called Heartfire, price being the same as these kits. What did we get with Heartfire? Completely new systems for the game like three homes in different locations you can build from scratch with variables (can decide what type of rooms to build), new NPCs and gameplay systems (hiring staff like stewards, bards, etc), ability to adopt orphaned children who each have their own stories (heck, could even orphan kids yourself and then adopt them), new quests (scenarios tied to your family set up), new creature types (hostile animals becoming pets). This too has a good amount of replay value for you might want to do it with every new character of yours and choose different combinations like different location or different adoptions. I recall back in the day some people actually complained about Heartfire DLC. Well, after getting acquainted with modern day game industry shenanigans I bet they have a newfound appreciation for it. Somehow the much panned Horse armor DLC for Oblivion (which reached a meme status) is starting to look like a great deal as well lmao.
    Post edited by Thrior on
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I love kits. I like the price, content and amount of kits. Im very satisfied.
    I love the kits and am quite satisfied with the content. I have most of them. Bust the Dust did not appeal, and I haven't had the urge for Fashion Street yet, although I am sure I'll get it eventually. The low price is very appealing - if they cost any more I would not be so inclined to buy them. As someone who won't do CC but who loves her variety I like having these odd fashion additions, and the BB kits have all been just great.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    Kits are OK, but a bit expensive in comparison to other packs. I only have bust the dust. Some have a few nice items but some I can easily do without. Maybe I'll get some of the others at some point but I'm in no hurry.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    They are a waste of money.
    $8 for content that should be included for free, or added to another pack. Not worth it.

Perhaps if they contained triple the quantity, and quality of content, I might consider them being worth the price. Maybe.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,592 Member
    Neutral for the most part. I like all of the fashion kits so far and they're the only ones I would buy tbh.

I like gameplay kits in theory, but it sounds like Bust the Dust was...a bust. If kits are meant to be quick money makers then I'd just stick with BB/CAS centered ones.