Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think dimensions is scenerios?

2...Next

Comments

• Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    Looks like "adding dimension" is story progression lite version.

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited November 2021
    Now I understand the "NPC overhaul".

The NPC townies will be updated for the Neighborhood Stories.
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    Now I understand the "NPC overhaul".

The NPC townies will be updated for the Neighborhood Stories.

I actually tried to make a thread with this link which was deleted, the NPC look.

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    I do hope this will not be the end to my 20 years long sims journey. I can't play with story progression, I prefer to make my own stories. Hopefully there will be a toggle...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited November 2021
    Arca wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    It could also mean adding...
    this type of dimension
    1564720746_dimensions-1.png

more detail? in something?
    honestly i kind of fail to see what anything they put out this month has to do with selves so perhaps cas related update?

still wish we were talking about aliens or something tho

Don't expect so much on EA...
    I just think about if they're going to give us another type of future cube...

7Pcs-Various-Shapes-Different-Number-of-Faces-Educational-Toys-Digital-Number-Acrylic-Dice-Kit-For-Party.jpg_Q90.jpg

New dice who dis
    wouldn't mind it turning into magical plumbob thingy
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited November 2021
    So I guess "dimensions to our sims lives" was the neighborhood stories update.

That leaves "customize your space with color" left. Because apparently that wasn't the 1200 new color variants to 149 build items update.
    edited November 2021
    I try to be enthusiastic, but I find it sooooo hard to get excited because EA is now modifying the Goths and the Calientes. I played a few generations over 7 RL years, and I have absolutely no plan of playing the Goths/Calientes ever again. The original premades belong to my cemetery - I would need a zombies pack to get contact with them. I understand there might be some new simmers who never ever heard about the Goths, but I think even those simmers would fancy EA focusing on something brand new rather than digging up those old graves.
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    I try to be enthusiastic, but I find it sooooo hard to get excited because EA is now modifying the Goths and the Calientes. I played a few generations over 7 RL years, and I have absolutely no plan of playing the Goths/Calientes ever again. The original premades belong to my cemetery - I would need a zombies pack to get contact with them. I understand there might be some new simmers who never ever heard about the Goths, but I think even those simmers would fancy EA focusing on something brand new rather than digging up those old graves.

I've long given up even trying to redesign existing NPCs and just focus on my own. It's strange they are doing this so far into the Sims 4....but hey it's a needed update and I'll have fun if it turns out well!
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited November 2021
    I do hope this will not be the end to my 20 years long sims journey. I can't play with story progression, I prefer to make my own stories. Hopefully there will be a toggle...

I'm not 100% sure but wasn't there a toggle in Sims3 for that? Surely they'd give the same control to players, whether to have story progression on or off, in this one too? I would like story progression for some saves but not others.

ETA okay I clicked the link and read, and while they did mention the need to let people with long legacies still have a choice, instead of an on/off switch, they are doing it through gameplay, where neighborhood sims will call and pester your sims about the neighborhood sims' own life decisions, and the neighborhood sims will then abide by your sims' decision. So this sounds HORRIBLE. Being called up to be asked whether your neighbor should have a baby? And if you say yes or no, they'll do it that way? Can you imagine the intrusiveness of being asked to dictate others' lives like that constantly? That is annoying, intrusive, inappropriate, and WEIRD.

What were they thinking?! If someone I barely know called up to ask me if they should get married or get pregnant, I would be extremely uncomfortable and tell them that's not my business and to please not call me.

It also completely breaks immersion for those who want story progression, because you are never surprised by anything: all the neighbors call you up to consult you on all their major life decisions and do as you say. So you never are happily surprised to see a new child appear in a neighboring family, because they won't conceive without your personal input.
    DISASTER.

And this can't be turned off? *facepalm*
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    edited November 2021
    I also just realized: that's a way to 'add story progression' without actually adding it. Because without story progression, you can still micromanage and dictate all the NPC's life decisions. This way, you still have to do that, but instead of doing it by going into those households, your Sim gets called on the phone and asked to be the decision-maker for other people's important private decisions, all the time.

This is actually way worse than no story progression at all.

And this actually already happened once in my game recently but I had assumed it was part of the only mod I was using, but apparently not: a high school student's school counselor, called him up to ask him if she should have a baby. It was weird but I thought why not see what happens so I said yes. She gushed with thanks at being told what to do with her life by a teen. She was sick at the school mod, a few times, but then aged up to elder and I guess that meant she wasn't pregnant any more, and she died not long after. Or maybe she had the baby and then aged up and died that fast? I never knew anything more except she aged up, then died.

But that would mean this was happening in my game before they released it. Still, it hasn't happened since, and so maybe it was like that glitch where all the scenarios were visible for a day, before going back to only the ones they wanted to show?

I remember thinking it was kind of weird that she'd even ask that but if that's what is going to happen all the time in the game, I think I'll go back to playing Sims3 exclusively, where Story Progression happens and adds to my game but not by making my Sims responsible for personal decisions of everyone else they know.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    @ignominiusrex Horror indeed! Looks like I'm done with this game. I'll not run any update from now on, meaning I can't get any more packs either. Those phone calls or popups I really do NOT want as they ruin my game. I already have a very tough time dealing with the "NPC just watered a plant but is in a bad mood, so should NPC dislike gardening?" popups. I realize EA did not listen to any of us but decided to add tons more of what I dislike.

I just want to be allowed to play the game that I bought, not the game EA wants to turn it into afterwards. I want what the label said, not what it might say in 5 years.
    @ignominiusrex Horror indeed! Looks like I'm done with this game. I'll not run any update from now on, meaning I can't get any more packs either. Those phone calls or popups I really do NOT want as they ruin my game. I already have a very tough time dealing with the "NPC just watered a plant but is in a bad mood, so should NPC dislike gardening?" popups. I realize EA did not listen to any of us but decided to add tons more of what I dislike.

I just want to be allowed to play the game that I bought, not the game EA wants to turn it into afterwards. I want what the label said, not what it might say in 5 years.

Hope you don't take my hearsay too strongly to heart because while that did happen in my game and *might* be what it's going to look like...okay nevermind because if the only way you can prevent this is to prevent updates it might be a good idea. In fact how do you prevent Origin from updating? Just say no if prompted and it won't do it automatically? I might consider doing that too.

This is another great thing about Sims3: nothing more is going to happen to it to turn it into anything it wasn't already. WYSIWYG.

I tend to hope that if it's too annoying to too many people, they'll change it for the better, though. Fingers crossed that if this lands like a lead balloon, it will be revised.

I feel you on the lifestyles and likes/dislikes. They keep trying to give us what we want: Sims with more individuality, more personality, but the essential problem is that (from what people are saying) these Sims were originally intended to be more like hollow skins for us, the users, to inhabit while moving through an online world. So trying to retrofit them with individual personalities and an ability to evolve from experiences, might be close to impossible. I don't know, that's just me looking for a way to see it charitably.

I still like Sims4 so long as I can use mods, and when I get sick of the sameness and lack of true novelty, I go back to earlier iterations of the game.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    edited November 2021

Hope you don't take my hearsay too strongly to heart because while that did happen in my game and *might* be what it's going to look like...okay nevermind because if the only way you can prevent this is to prevent updates it might be a good idea. In fact how do you prevent Origin from updating? Just say no if prompted and it won't do it automatically? I might consider doing that too.

This is another great thing about Sims3: nothing more is going to happen to it to turn it into anything it wasn't already. WYSIWYG.

I tend to hope that if it's too annoying to too many people, they'll change it for the better, though. Fingers crossed that if this lands like a lead balloon, it will be revised.

I feel you on the lifestyles and likes/dislikes. They keep trying to give us what we want: Sims with more individuality, more personality, but the essential problem is that (from what people are saying) these Sims were originally intended to be more like hollow skins for us, the users, to inhabit while moving through an online world. So trying to retrofit them with individual personalities and an ability to evolve from experiences, might be close to impossible. I don't know, that's just me looking for a way to see it charitably.

I still like Sims4 so long as I can use mods, and when I get sick of the sameness and lack of true novelty, I go back to earlier iterations of the game.

@ignominiusrex
    I have a TS4 icon on my desktop. When running the game I will first start Origin, then go offline-mode. THEN click the desktop TS4 icon to launch the game. When starting the game this way there is not even a suggestion to install a patch. I've done it this way for ages. Only when I get a new pack I might run the game with Origin in online mode a couple times in case there are some remaining installments. It's also a good routine re mods, because I decide when to install a ny patch, meaning I can wait the days it takes for my fave mods to get updated.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Just a heads up. But anyone who likes to play scenarios should know it will start it at whatever life span you last used. I started a new one and realized the life span was off. Another time my life span was on long. So if you start a new one remember to check the life span.
    Thanks, @Simmerville ! Oh and I found out that the annoying/weird "Should we have a baby" thing from the school counsellor to my teen sim, was from Eco Lifestyle apparently. Had never encountered it before. So I'll be interested to hear from other people how the whole neighborhood stories thing goes in due course, but until then, I'll follow your advice. Thanks again!
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    I had ECO Lifestyle since release, but I'm not sure if I ever had the "should we have a baby?" call, maybe just once. Maybe those calls requires a minimum relation level and my sms are not social enough. LOL.