Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Look At NPC Overhaul

Comments

• caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    edited November 2021
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    ^I never understood why they gave her the same hairstyle as Eliza Pancakes in the first place, there are enough base game hairstyles to not have repeats and she never had short hair in the first place.
  • Mona_LottMona_Lott Posts: 18 Member
    [quote="BlueR0se;c-18015341"]If they're going to update the skintones for the Calientes, they need to give Dina her old hair color back. The cheese hair with the darker skintone will clash and look ugly.

Honestly, I think concept art!Mortimer is really solid? Not as old as Sims 2 but more older and looks like Gomez Addams which is a plus. For Bella, I think the only thing she really needs is to be set to adult instead of YA and her waist expanded so she has a rib cage. Maybe a swatch or two darker on the skintone scale (can't remember how she dark she was in Sims 2) but ultimately she's good. Just needs to be an adult. Of the goth family, I think Cassandra is the biggest one needed for a overhaul.

Now, for folks asking "why" there are probably a few reasons, but the biggest one I can think of is that for years people have complained about the whitewashing of certain premades from the series that were in Sims 4. Calientes being one of the biggest ones for sure. It is incredibly late for them to suddenly want to fix that NOW but w/e.

My only complaint is that if they decide to overhaul the Calientes, that's fine, but DON'T get rid of Katrina. I know not everyone was crazy about her addition but she was one of my favorites and I just like to headcanon that she's Ni*hat with a name change (since you can't actually use that name in-game which is DUMB). I can 100% understand wanting the old Caliente twins back (and hopefully old Don Lothario) but I do hope they still keep Katrina.

EDIT: lol can't even spell her name even on here. I understand why it's a concern (the first three letters of the name) but it's still dumb.[/quote]

@BlueR0se I like Katrina as well. And, since they'll change Dina and Ninas "dna" we also need their mother to look like them.
    If i was them, I would make Katrina their aunt on their father side of the family... maybe their mother disapproves on Katrina's lifestyle and fears that her daughters are going to be badly influenced.
    Also, its quite racista to tage an ethnic name as an offense.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2021
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    If they're going to update the skintones for the Calientes, they need to give Dina her old hair color back. The cheese hair with the darker skintone will clash and look ugly.

Honestly, I think concept art!Mortimer is really solid? Not as old as Sims 2 but more older and looks like Gomez Addams which is a plus. For Bella, I think the only thing she really needs is to be set to adult instead of YA and her waist expanded so she has a rib cage. Maybe a swatch or two darker on the skintone scale (can't remember how she dark she was in Sims 2) but ultimately she's good. Just needs to be an adult. Of the goth family, I think Cassandra is the biggest one needed for a overhaul.

Now, for folks asking "why" there are probably a few reasons, but the biggest one I can think of is that for years people have complained about the whitewashing of certain premades from the series that were in Sims 4. Calientes being one of the biggest ones for sure. It is incredibly late for them to suddenly want to fix that NOW but w/e.

My only complaint is that if they decide to overhaul the Calientes, that's fine, but DON'T get rid of Katrina. I know not everyone was crazy about her addition but she was one of my favorites and I just like to headcanon that she's Ni*hat with a name change (since you can't actually use that name in-game which is DUMB). I can 100% understand wanting the old Caliente twins back (and hopefully old Don Lothario) but I do hope they still keep Katrina.

EDIT: lol can't even spell her name even on here. I understand why it's a concern (the first three letters of the name) but it's still dumb.
    They are going to add a new blonde color in the game for her per info on the livestream. They are going to add a new auburn color for Nina as well.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    If they're going to update the skintones for the Calientes, they need to give Dina her old hair color back. The cheese hair with the darker skintone will clash and look ugly.

EDIT: lol can't even spell her name even on here. I understand why it's a concern (the first three letters of the name) but it's still dumb.
    They are going to add a new blonde color in the game for her per info on the livestream. They are going to add a new auburn color for Nina as well.

They never said that they wete going to add nrw haircolors for the game, they said they were thinking in changing Bella Goth's hairstyle, add a longer hair for Dina and change Nina's haircolor for the more reddish orange (auburn).
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited November 2021
    Mona_Lott wrote: »
    @BlueR0se I like Katrina as well. And, since they'll change Dina and Ninas "dna" we also need their mother to look like them.
    If i was them, I would make Katrina their aunt on their father side of the family... maybe their mother disapproves on Katrina's lifestyle and fears that her daughters are going to be badly influenced.

Nestor Caliente's side of the Family is pretty interesting, since their father Nestor is Half Sixam and Half Hispanic.
    Twitter outrage as I said earlier in here somewhere. I honestly don't think they "wanted" to do it. They are just complying to the Twitter outrage once again because they were being accused of white washing sims. So basically Twitter outrage takes prioriority. And I will bet money that 9 out of 10 of those people outraging already reconstructed and colored those characters the way they wanted them. They just wanted something to go crazy about.
    My only disappointment is that the sims cave into whatever Twitter outrages about. Which is why some of my favorite features and traits are nerfed now. And whatever they "outrage" about in the future will be nerfed as well. 😔

Funny no one outrages about missing zombies....

The Twitter Outrage Mobs usually don't buy the Content they complain about and trying to please these people is a waste of time and money it's also less of a headache, honestly EA should just listen to their paying customers instead of the Twitter Mobs, take Disney for example every time they listen to Twitter they tend to lose money and customers simply because they were out of touch with their fanbase among other things, if the Twitter Mobs actually bought the content they asked for, major corporations wouldn't be losing as much, I know that you can't please everyone, but even if you try to please Twitter, they'll just find something else to complain, there's no point pleasing someone who doesn't want to be pleased, they're always going to be ungrateful.
    At first I thought the main point of the premade re-do was to give them hot/cold outfits, preferences, relationships and just changing some skintones. I just wish they don't give the Sims generic faces that don't look anything like them (which is kinda what they already did with the Caliente's since the base game) but it might be the case again.

I'm all for making their faces look like they are part of their respective ethnic backgrounds, but as long established characters, it's even more important that they look like their old selves.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Jyotai wrote: »

If these are early inwork concepts I feel it's unwise to be showing them to us.

We'll be forming strong opinions, mostly negative, based on work that is not intended to be even close to the final version. There's a risk of turning people against the project based on incorrect assumptions.

People need to decide... do they want progress updates on the townie overhaul, or do they want radio silence with the only input coming from select EA Content Creators (formerly Game Changers)?

Personally, I'll take updates.

I personally want to see what they do with the changes, and if anyone has a problem with it they can always save the current/original townies to the gallery and delete the new ones when they start a save. And like someone already said, I'm sure most of those people have already changed the townies to their liking regardless so I don't see what the big deal about this is.
    Omri147 wrote: »
    At first I thought the main point of the premade re-do was to give them hot/cold outfits, preferences, relationships and just changing some skintones. I just wish they don't give the Sims generic faces that don't look anything like them (which is kinda what they already did with the Caliente's since the base game) but it might be the case again.

I'm all for making their faces look like they are part of their respective ethnic backgrounds, but as long established characters, it's even more important that they look like their old selves.

I also think they should take pictures in old games and recreate them in Sims 4, and use the genetica tool to create new generations with faithfull DNA. Most children/teens in Sims 4 don't look like their parents because they wrte edited to look cuter as young sims (they make their head round, eyes big and all of that, which turns them into attrocities when they grow up).
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    The mob screams for townie makeovers, so the dev team gives them makeovers to placate said mob. But is the mob happy? Of course they're not. Now they're screaming that the makeovers aren't satisfactory enough to their liking (ignoring the fact that they haven't even seen the final product yet). Never happy, never satisfied, never placated.

Why the dev team continues to torture themselves like this, I'll never understand.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
    The mob screams for townie makeovers, so the dev team gives them makeovers to placate said mob. But is the mob happy? Of course they're not. Now they're screaming that the makeovers aren't satisfactory enough to their liking (ignoring the fact that they haven't even seen the final product yet). Never happy, never satisfied, never placated.

Why the dev team continues to torture themselves like this, I'll never understand.

@AncientMuse but SimgutuRusskii shared those cobcept arts so that she could gather our feedback. We have to complain to talk about something wr didn't like. Nina, Dina and Mortimer look great. Nina and Dina should have green eyes and hair style and color changed. Bella Goth doesn't look as iconic as she should. Thats it. Those are feedbacks.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member

@AncientMuse but SimgutuRusskii shared those cobcept arts so that she could gather our feedback. We have to complain to talk about something wr didn't like. Nina, Dina and Mortimer look great. Nina and Dina should have green eyes and hair style and color changed. Bella Goth doesn't look as iconic as she should. Thats it. Those are feedbacks.

Feedback?

Have I been sleeping under a rock? Because the last time I checked, a lynch mob on Twitter is not "feedback".
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited November 2021

Feedback?

Have I been sleeping under a rock? Because the last time I checked, a lynch mob on Twitter is not "feedback".

The responses were that bad on twitter?
  • Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    Calm down y'all this is just a concept art and a 3d render, of course they look ugly, bc it's not a "real" sim face. I do agree Bella and the Caliente's skin should be a bit warmer
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    logion wrote: »

About the same as some of the responses in this thread. 😄
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited November 2021

Well I mean... I don't think the responses have been that bad that I would call people "lynch mobs" lol.

Generally I have always felt that feedback, both positive and negative (within limits) is a good thing, because that shows that people are invested and that they care. The worst thing is when no one responds, because that means that they don't care.

But there are of course, both good and bad feedback...
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member

Well I mean... I don't think the responses have been that bad that I would call people "lynch mobs" lol.

Generally I have always felt that feedback, both positive and negative (within limits) is a good thing, because that shows that people are invested and that they care. The worst thing is when no one responds, because that means that they don't care.

Totally agree. Which is why other than the initial post I've stayed out of the conversation. The Goths and Callientes exited my game a long time ago.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member

Sims team should be ashamed that they put out this kind of content. It's disgusting and nothing we asked for.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Baffled by people horrified by what is very clearly painted over concept art. Do people really think the sims could look like that in game ?
    Do they not know what concept art is ?

Anyway, I like the makeovers, they finally got the hang of face proportions (a lot of premades need help on that front), but the noses are very boring. Nose bridge too thin, and they all look similar to one another.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I really don't get this all. So "they should have green eyes!". Can't the mob just edit any premades in CAS and give them green eyes? Can't they also give them a different hairstyle? I don't get it, I often edit my sims in CAS and it is the easiest thing in the world... That said I already play the Calientes and have no desire of replacing them with new versions whatsoever.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    I think another issue was that this Overhaul came out of left field, I wasn't even expecting this, I complained as well as I gave them feedback like warm them up, return the Caliente's green eyes, give the Calientes their high cheek bones and slender faces, Give Dina longer hair with a more muted version of yellow, fix Bella's face to her Sims 4 self, she didn't need an entire overhaul just change her skin tone even it's not a lot of work to click on the skin tone to the right her current one,
    Calling people who give feedback a 'mob' seems veeeeery passive aggressive for no reason at all.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Okay, I'm ready to weigh in on the appearances.

I think I would give the Caliente sisters the olive/gray green eyes rather than bright green. I think it would go with the new skin tone better and have a very striking but more natural look. I'd definitely give some hair changes to refresh them.

Mortimer is fine, I'd like to see some more gray/white in his hair or a new hairstyle just for him that has white streaks at the temples and a widow's peak. Something a little eccentric to make him stand out.

As for Bella, I feel like her face is fine the way it is now, her skin only needs a shade or two up maybe and keep the rest the same. I think the iconic Bella Goth should have an ageless, almost unnatural for her age, beauty. I wish we had more skin detail options in CAS so that we could remove facial lines of adult and elders. (Sometimes we might want to represent cosmetic surgery or unusual vitality.) I feel that Bella should be an Adult but still have the youthful face she has now of a young adult.

Anyway, that's what I'd do.
    #Team Occult