Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Converting Vacation Worlds To Livable Worlds Y/N?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Make then into full time livable worlds.
    Granite Falls & Selvadorada are beautiful worlds & it'd be nice if they functioned like Sulani & Mt Komorebi. My sim could actually BE one of the locals instead of just passing through. Granite Falls could host some real off the grid living & and there's so much I still haven't explored in Selvadorada, but want to.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Lots of discussion of Granite Falls and Selvadorada, but not much of Batuu, which is where my sims vacation most frequently.

Batuu is different as it is a special Brand stand-alone pack so I did not include it with the regular vacation worlds. It still has the same problem of having to go through the vacation world process to get there and that you can't live there permanently.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    JunkyPoem wrote: »
    Granite Falls & Selvadorada are beautiful worlds & it'd be nice if they functioned like Sulani & Mt Komorebi. My sim could actually BE one of the locals instead of just passing through. Granite Falls could host some real off the grid living & and there's so much I still haven't explored in Selvadorada, but want to.

Same for me!
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Couldn't make up my mind which way to vote. I'd love my sim to be an actual resident of Selvadorada but I think I'd actually miss not being allowed to be a full resident there, is that makes any sense.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    Honestly, I feel that Granite Falls and El Selvadorada would be undermined if they were made residential, both in terms of difficulty and theme. Both are supposed to be rural, out of the way places separated from modern suburban civilization, you shouldn't be able to quickly pop over to a San Myshuno Day Spa because you got swarmed by bugs, then pop back, or attend your daily job at the office, it's supposed to be Jungle Adventure, not Sunday Morning Constitutional in the Botanical Gardens. They are supposed to give you the feeling that you are alone, hours from help, Nancy Landgraab nowhere in site. You shouldn't be able to have your suburban American lifestyle in these places.

Then we have difficulty: having a defined timeframe in order to accomplish stuff, especially archeology which is already literally the most lucrative money source in game, and would be made even easier if you could just pop over for a couple of hours and return without any cost or penalty, and be back before you need to go to work.

But once again, if that's how you feel, then you could still have that in your game. All you would have to do is leave all of the existing rental lots in place, and not go to the other lots unless you are staying in that world's rental lots. Just like you do now. Nothing would change for you.

But those of us who do want to live in those worlds-- in whatever lifestyle we choose-- could do so. Easy win, everyone gets what they want.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I want even more destination vacation worlds, I can
    I want destination worlds to be geared towards vacation/adventure game play.
    Sharing it with livable worlds will only make for a shallow destination.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »
    I want destination worlds to be geared towards vacation/adventure game play.
    Sharing it with livable worlds will only make for a shallow destination.

Again I ask, how? If you don't want it to be a livable world for you, all you would have to do is continue to treat it exactly how you do now. Continue to use the rentals as rentals, don't use the other lots when you're not occupying a rental. It literally could not be more simple.

• Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited November 2021
    I just want a witch in granite falls and a Selvadoradan family in Selvadorada, AND have sims go to vacation to ANY world, is that too much to ask :p
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    Keep them as destination vacation worlds.
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Honestly, I feel that Granite Falls and El Selvadorada would be undermined if they were made residential, both in terms of difficulty and theme. Both are supposed to be rural, out of the way places separated from modern suburban civilization, you shouldn't be able to quickly pop over to a San Myshuno Day Spa because you got swarmed by bugs, then pop back, or attend your daily job at the office, it's supposed to be Jungle Adventure, not Sunday Morning Constitutional in the Botanical Gardens. They are supposed to give you the feeling that you are alone, hours from help, Nancy Landgraab nowhere in site. You shouldn't be able to have your suburban American lifestyle in these places.

Then we have difficulty: having a defined timeframe in order to accomplish stuff, especially archeology which is already literally the most lucrative money source in game, and would be made even easier if you could just pop over for a couple of hours and return without any cost or penalty, and be back before you need to go to work.

But once again, if that's how you feel, then you could still have that in your game. All you would have to do is leave all of the existing rental lots in place, and not go to the other lots unless you are staying in that world's rental lots. Just like you do now. Nothing would change for you.

But those of us who do want to live in those worlds-- in whatever lifestyle we choose-- could do so. Easy win, everyone gets what they want.

Selvadorada has its own pool of NPCs, with its own name lists and what outfits. If it was like Mt Komerobi or Sulani, we'd get Nancy Landgraab or Judith Ward walking by treating it like any other neighbourhood. The world is functionally separate and I'd like the game to treat it as a separate world.
  • Options
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Selvadorada has its own pool of NPCs, with its own name lists and what outfits. If it was like Mt Komerobi or Sulani, we'd get Nancy Landgraab or Judith Ward walking by treating it like any other neighbourhood. The world is functionally separate and I'd like the game to treat it as a separate world.

Regular NPCs are already in Selvadorada all the time.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I want even more destination vacation worlds, I can
    Unfortunately. Celebrities should be rare occurrences, not part of the everyday livestock. In general, sims living in a given 'world' should stay there. If my sim is in B. Bay, Nancy L & company shouldn't be as commonly seen as cat lady. If anything, it seems that sims that live outside a 'world' are seen more frequently than one's neighbors, which is unrealistic and makes no sense. Festivals might be an exception.