Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Perfectly Well Rounded - what were your aspiration/skill/friends?

EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
If you are playing/have played/plan to play the Perfectly Well Rounded scenario, what aspiration did you choose, which skills did you max and who were your friends (premades, random townies or your own sims)? I wish EA would share their telemetry on our choices, like way back when they posted that only a tiny fraction of players had their married sims divorced and how many times our sims had woohood since launch.

My choices were plain and boring:

- Party Animal
- Charisma, Cooking, Rocket Science
- 1 premade (George Cahill), 3 of my own sims and the landlord
I had to edit this post, because I remembered that George is a premade, none of mine. Apparently I play him for so long now that he doesn't even register as an adoptee anymore.
Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I probably won't get around to actually playing it before the first of the year but I'm going to play a male sim and go with the Bodybuilder aspiration and Military career. I've not done either so it will be something new. Traits will be active, outgoing, and vegetarian.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I used stories to generate my sim, as I thought it'd be fun to just try and work with what I was given (which it was, for me lol), so I ended up with a genius perfectionist goofball alien who was already in the scientist career, but who had the Academic aspiration from University :D

RY3lfgA.png

I decided then to spend a week working & building up skills before applying to university, and another week building up funds before enrolling (which meant he was at, like, level 6 of the scientist career when he quit to go to school--just goes to show poor a trade off 4 weeks of college + tuition is when you can get nearly as high just working for the same amount of time, but that's another topic lol) with the story idea made up in my head being that he'd just arrived on planet & needed to earn some human money in order to fulfill his dream of higher education, since there's a shortage of good schools on Sixam or something :D

Anyway, he then earned a distinguished degree in villainy from Foxbury & then joined the smuggler branch of the astronaut career to complete the aspiration; first 3 skills he maxed were logic, research & debate, & fitness, but rocket science, mischief & cooking weren't too far behind; and I actually don't remember who his first 5 friends were, as he had a bunch by the time he completed the other requirements of the challenge (since as you can see I kinda took the long way with that academic aspiration lol), from school, work, neighbors, clubs, ect, but I think the main ones were Cameron Fletcher (who is still his BFF), the Pleasant twins (who he kind of got into a love triangle with), Caleb Vatore (who was a co-worker at his scientist career before he quit), and the Flower Bunny from Springfest lol.

Anyway, I'm still playing with him, gonna see exactly how many degrees, aspirations, careers & skills I can actually complete/max out with him before either a) he dies or b) I get bored with him :D
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    This one doesnt interest me TBH. Its all things I would get my sims to do in normal gameplay anyways.
    My current saved family has their own rules (toddlers need to max out skills, kids to max out skills/aspirations, scouting achievement and get 1 adult skill to max, teens need to have cooking and 1 other skill to max and to have complete the Friend to the World achievement).
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited November 2021
    I am about done with my scenario, a guy with lvl 10 in cooking, handiness and painting and an aspiration of Fishing Ace, a relatively easy one that can be done quickly, it's why I chose it. :D He's a cute little guy with Loves the Outdoors, Foodie and Creative.

Update: My sim finished the scenario, nice little ceremony for my effort. :D I'm on to the Romantic one.
    Post edited by bshag4lv on
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited November 2021
    So the title of this thread is already using the past tense? What were your aspiration/skill/friends instead of what are your aspiration/skill/friends. Did not expect that. Wow. :blush:

I created a new save to start those scenarios that sound interesting to play at a time that suits me. It might be a while before I will actually get to these sims.

For this scenario I created a spellcaster named Ester Sparks
    ExIZT98.png
    5QyWtU1.png
    She was created with the story mode (or whatever it's called) so she starts out with 3 points for archeology and 3 points for pipe organ. She moved into an off the grid haunted house I build just for her in glimmerbrook. I might go the archeology route and complete the jungle explorer aspiration, maybe combined with the writing skill so she can write books about her archeology expeditions and the fitness or wellness skill to be fit enough fo the jungle.
    Another option is for her to complete the spellcaster aspirations and be all about nature with mastering herbology, flower arranging and gardening.
    Perhaps I will do more than one aspiration with her. Most of my sims I really get invested in, complete two or three aspirations.

Anyway, I am currently still busy with another sim called Callisto who is completing all aspirations, and maxing out several skills while doing so. So far she has maxed 7 skills, one of them only a 5 level skill and completed 13 aspirations (not counting the 4 childhood aspirations she finished before aging up). In all the time needed for these aspirations, it would be hard not to make 5 friends. So she definitely meets all the requirements, except for the real life two week time window we have to start the scenario.
    4N2Hcef.png

With the millionaire scenario, I feel it runs way too long, all the way to 1 000 000 simoleons, but this scenario feels rather short. I think if you want to complete it fast, it really depends on what aspirations you choose. Some take ages, like the vampires one, while the island living one can be real quick.

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    So the title of this thread is already using the past tense? What were your aspiration/skill/friends instead of what are your aspiration/skill/friends. Did not expect that. Wow. :blush:

If I may quote myself:
    If you are playing/have played/plan to play the Perfectly Well Rounded scenario
    :p
    The thread might also stay up after the time window runs out (although judging by the general reception of scenarios that seems to be unlikely), and then past would be the most appropriate tense.

@simgirl1010
    Military is a fun career! With it having a work from home option, one could opt to play a full barracks of officer cadets that combine uni and career.
    Trying something new is exactly what I wanted to play the scenarios for. Although admittedly that inspiration could have come from any person. For official content the scenarios don't feel original enough. I'd rather see them give us starting conditions that would be tedious to do manually, like a sim from a criminal family who is hated by the whole town.

@FanPhoria
    I didn't think of using story mode to create my scenario sim, that's definitely also something that would take me out of my comfort zone. I find it easier to first come up with a concept and then see how I can express that in traits, than looking at a list of traits wondering what kind of person that might be.

As for university, hard agree! Especially the non-distinguished programs aren't really worth pursuing compared to working your way up.

@bshag4lv
    Most of my sims have a tier or two of the fishing aspiration under their belt, but I hardly ever finish it. Congrats!

Party Animal can be rushed through, to, what I in the past did for easy points. This time I took it slow on purpose, every party my Party Animal scenario sim hostes had to have an ingame justification and I made sure to not end them prematurely.

@Atreya33
    Another storymode sim, now I'm really interested in seeing EA's telemetry about how popular that choice is.

I never had a spellcaster jungle explorer (the jungle to the contrary is where my first casters learned about magic in the first place), but it sounds fun! If you go the archaeologist route, you could also add Panting (drawing your findings), photography (same) and Logic (for labwork) to your list.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,409 Member

@Atreya33
    Another storymode sim, now I'm really interested in seeing EA's telemetry about how popular that choice is.

I never had a spellcaster jungle explorer (the jungle to the contrary is where my first casters learned about magic in the first place), but it sounds fun! If you go the archaeologist route, you could also add Panting (drawing your findings), photography (same) and Logic (for labwork) to your list.

Oh, I like that explanation for the drawings. My sim could even bring along an easel to document how the jungle and temple look. Photography sounds nice too, but is only a 5 level skill. I don't know if those count.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited November 2021
    I took my sim to granite falls to do Outdoor... whatever is the name of OR aspiration and as for skills i chose herbalism, fishing and i think last one is gonna be handiness unless i accidentally level the cooking first :lol:

as for friends i just had them mentor and being mentored by randomized townies that came fishing :sweat_smile:

this scenario is taking me ages cause not only did i run into few issues (like poisonous fireleaf being bugged and unable to harvest driving me crazy so i had to cheat milestone eventually)

its first time i ever attempted to max herbalism and boy is it annoying time consuming

and i also didn't want to use books at first but man after scrolling the woods over probably thousand times to do same repetitive stuff i had to give in
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    @Atreya33
    I don't have the specific numbers rn, but from my gut feeling two level 5 skills require less effort than one level 10 one. You could take Photography as a fluff skill on the side or maybe rule that three level 5 skills count as one level 10 skill.

@Simmingal
    I feel you with the Herbalism. When I last attempted it, I couldn't find one specific plant (elderberry, I think), even in the spots the guides mentioned only ever the poisonous variant grew.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Since I use herbalism in practically every sim, I got LittleMsSam's herbal mod, no insects to make remedies and SrslySims for the grocery mod and I don't have to even go to GF. I love my mods! :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    I had NoInsectsHerbalism for a long time, too, then found a mod by Zero that allows to buy insects (among other things). Shop from home mods are the best B)
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Went with the Computer Whiz for the aspiration as it requires the Tech Guru career that in turn requires progression through the Programming and Video gaming skills, the third skill was Cooking which typically gets maxed through everyday living. Making five friends was definitely the hard part for me, I'm the type that tends to get hyper focused on skills and aspirations and careers and annoyed by townies calling and knocking on my door. I ended up taking pictures with randomly picked townies to form the "friendships" and complete the scenario which now that I think of it isn't really in the spirit of the challenge. Thinking of maybe trying it again and forcing myself to prioritize the friendship part and maybe improve my playing style in general.
    The cake is a lie
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited November 2021

@FanPhoria
    I didn't think of using story mode to create my scenario sim, that's definitely also something that would take me out of my comfort zone. I find it easier to first come up with a concept and then see how I can express that in traits, than looking at a list of traits wondering what kind of person that might be.

As for university, hard agree! Especially the non-distinguished programs aren't really worth pursuing compared to working your way up.

Lol, yeah, I like the randomization, adds a bit of fun "challenge" for me. I often do the same thing when making D&D character actually--I don't start with a preconcieved notion usually, but instead just (somewhat) randomly role for everything, not just stats, but also race, class, background, ect, and then weave all the elements into a cohesive story in a kind of Tim Gunn "make it work" kind of way. Definitely has ended up getting me into some unexpected places :D

And I generally like university, but yeah, it is WAYYYY too long, proportionally, to the rest of the sims. I use a mod that makes the required credits for graduation less (there's multiple versions, but I usually use the one the beings it all the way down to only 6 credits needed, halving the amount of time/money generally required), which is the only way I can play it now. Otherwise, it just feels like my sim is spending a ridiculously big chunk of their life there for what is very little benefit comparatively.
    @JustMeAlb
    Your sim's approach to friendships actually sounds in-character for a programmer type! I can see them getting pressed by older relatives to socialize more, and then the programmer took those pics with all those randos, to send them home: "Look, mom, I have many friends!".

@FanPhoria
    8 credits for me, but same principle, 12 is too long. Especially for those sims who attend special acedemies (Michigan police academy, Senbamachi paranormal seminar and Sulani navy academy) and therefore have custom goals to meet in addition to their studies.
    Love your approach to tabletop character creation! Yours sounds like interesting characters to interact with (as well as serious and perhaps even nasty surprises for npcs that expect stereotypes, lol).
  • LadyAmayleeLadyAmaylee Posts: 24 Member
    My Sim took a walk every day and talked to anyone she met. Some people she came across multiple times until they stopped by her house. Her skills were Piano, singing and baking, so she could entice her potential friends with freshly baked goods and music. Her aspiration was to find her other half.
    I tend to struggle most with making friends, if I'm honest. x) I get so wrapped up in all the skills I want my sim to learn and the perfect job and hobbies. And selling on Plopsy, of course. But anyway, my social skills are always the first to suffer. ♥
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Is there a way to bring the scenario window back? Mine just disappeared and even starting the scenario with a new save and restarting the whole thing doesn't bring the window back. Can't seem to find a way to pop it back up on my screen either.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    As an experiment did new save with new sim, Anne Elliot (any other Austenites out there?), tried to match book personality as best as could. Still in progress on Archaeology aspiration. Skills maxed so far are archaeology, fitness, and Selvadorian culture. Cooking is at level 9 so that won't be long in coming. Do have the 5 friends - 2 gym trainers (partyhaus leader & 1 other), and 3 more. It's been a few days so forget names.
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 301 Member
    I completed this scenario yesterday. My Sim had a the bodybuilder aspiration with traits of active, likes the outdoors & cheerful. He worked in the athletic career, choosing the bodybuilder option (something I hadn't done before). He reached level 10 in athletics, cooking & handiness & was close to level 10 in charisma by the time he completed the scenario. I had a bit of a disaster as I was nearing the end - my Sim had reached level 10 in two out of three skills, made his five friends & achieved his aspiration when my game froze. Of course I hadn't saved it in ages! So I cheated to get back to the stage of maxing out two of the skills & then, making sure I save a whole lot more frequently, played on to complete the scenario. I couldn't face redoing all that progress again. I'm continuing to play my Sim & he's now doing the adrenalin junkie aspiration as I haven't done a lot with Snowy Escape as yet.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Just a reminder you have until Wednesday December 1st, 10:00am PT to start the Perfectly Well Rounded scenario.

Finished my household. This is Samuel.

9FbFzwv.png

Aspiration: Extreme Sports Enthusiast
    Career: Athlete
    Traits: Active, Adventurous, Loves Outdoor
    Home World: Mt. Komorebi