Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the maximum amount of occult powers you can give to a Sim via genetics?

I know you can have hybrids but are there ways to keep the hybrids to have more hybrid kids. Like Witch + Alien, then that hybrid + Fairy, etc. I am just wondering because I'd like to have a child who has as many powers or unique traits as possible!

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited November 2021
    Alien isn't really a hybrid as it is the percentage of alien DNA that determines what an alien can do.

I discovered male witches can't get become pregnant with aliens. This was after I forced my male witch to become pregnant with an alien baby when I used Master Controller to do it. I can't remember exactly how I did it now. So I think the only way you can to this hybrid thing is with the mod. If I remember correctly, the resulting baby was an alien. I don't think she had any witch powers.

EDIT: Ghosts can be any occult but that's a special case.
  • YamiJustin2YamiJustin2 Posts: 25 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    Alien isn't really a hybrid as it is the percentage of alien DNA that determines what an alien can do.

I discovered male witches can't get become pregnant with aliens. This was after I forced my male witch to become pregnant with an alien baby when I used Master Controller to do it. I can't remember exactly how I did it now. So I think the only way you can to this hybrid thing is with the mod. If I remember correctly, the resulting baby was an alien. I don't think she had any witch powers.

Interesting. In my household my buddy Sim accidentally got impregnated with an alien by abduction, but I didn't have the time to raise it so I let it return to it's homeworld. I wonder if he/she will ever pop back up in my Sim world.

So if I'm a human there really isn't a way to gain the powers of multiple forms. Like an alien who uses a Witch potion and has a kid with a genie?
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited November 2021
    Karritz wrote: »

Interesting. In my household my buddy Sim accidentally got impregnated with an alien by abduction, but I didn't have the time to raise it so I let it return to it's homeworld. I wonder if he/she will ever pop back up in my Sim world.

So if I'm a human there really isn't a way to gain the powers of multiple forms. Like an alien who uses a Witch potion and has a kid with a genie?

As far as I know it has to be done with mods.

As for the aliens. I always have kept the babies but I do occasionally catch the mothers and add them to the world, or to the household if there's room. The mothers usually visit occasionally at night and if you're quick (and have a mod) you can catch them. I use Master Controller to Add Sim. I don't know if you need Master Controller Cheats or some other add on to that mod to have the option to Add Sim.

If you check the baby alien's family tree you can find out the name of the mother. Then when she visits check her name and if it's her grab her.

EDIT: With the NRAAS Hybrid mod you can amend the NRAAS Story Progression to allow up to 4 hybrid types at birth.

You can make elixirs if you have supernatural. But I think you need a mod to get the elixers to add occult types. I have elixirs in my game that will add the various occult types to any sim. But I discovered it just seems to replace one occult with another. The only elixir of this group that I find useful is the one to turn a sim into a plant sim. When you plant a forbidden fruit seed you get a supposedly 50/50 chance of picking a plant sim baby but I almost always get a baby. That baby gets the features of the sim that picked it. That sim becomes the parent of the baby plant sim too. I like to make my own plant sims in CAS but of course you can't do this, even with mods that I have. But I have the elixir to turn a human into a plant sim. The other way of turning a human into a plant sim is to get them to plant a forbidden fruit seed and pick a forbidden fruit and get them to eat it. But of course, as I said, I almost never get a forbidden fruit.