Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life without MCCC Story Progression

So, with the new update coming, I am curious to use it and block MCCC story progression. I guess my question is, what happens to townie sims when you keep aging on? I have never played this game without MCCC progression so I don't even know how it works. I have townie sims getting married and getting pregnant once a week. Without MCCC mod, single sims will just die alone? Bob and Eliza will never have a kid? child sims age to elder and stay in the same house and never marry or move? I literally don't know the answer to these questions. haha

Comments

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Oh no, I wondered that myself. I had enough of EA story progression in Sims 3...Deaderpool is much better at it. I don't think I can play without MCCC. Hopefully the mod genius can figure out how to save us. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited November 2021
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    So, with the new update coming, I am curious to use it and block MCCC story progression. I guess my question is, what happens to townie sims when you keep aging on? I have never played this game without MCCC progression so I don't even know how it works. I have townie sims getting married and getting pregnant once a week. Without MCCC mod, single sims will just die alone? Bob and Eliza will never have a kid? child sims age to elder and stay in the same house and never marry or move? I literally don't know the answer to these questions. haha
    This is correct. You would have to manually progress them. Toddlers are easy enough to create in CAS playing by genetics. Sims are also easy to move together, but to set the relationship you would need cheats. You could also add a spouse from gallery for example. I play without MCCC, but it's a big rotation with long lifespan, so things happen super slowly and I have time to adjust the townies if I feel I want to. Also I have so many own sims that I rarely care about the rest.
  • ImagebearImagebear Posts: 46 Member
    I'm pretty sure through out all version of the sims 4, townie won't get married on their own and have offspring (even with ECO lifestyle, the rate of you receiving the have baby phone call is still quite low.) And They also hardly move into empty lot outside of the world your active household are lived in. That's why people use MCCC to make sure there won't be ghost town and the Landgraab won't just die out after Michael get old.

Since the new update won't implement these two aspect of story progression, I believe the game after the first generation still wouldn't change that much.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I personally don't care for townies, so they can die unhappily without children in my game. The only sims I need is service people and I wish our playable sims could work as hirable maids, nannies and butler but then go home to their playable house after work.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    ok last question - so again with keeping aging on, if all the townie sims stay in the house and die without marrying or procreating - then won't all the houses just be empty when the last townie baby becomes an elder and dies?
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    ok last question - so again with keeping aging on, if all the townie sims stay in the house and die without marrying or procreating - then won't all the houses just be empty when the last townie baby becomes an elder and dies?

In vanilla, with filling empty houses clicked off, yes.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member

so yea, I don't think I want to lose MCCC story progression. I already prefer it to what EA is gonna give us. lol
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It sounds like nothing will happen in the game unless you influence it to. I don’t think the EA story progression will be a good replacement for those that like to use MCCC story progression.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    It sounds like nothing will happen in the game unless you influence it to. I don’t think the EA story progression will be a good replacement for those that like to use MCCC story progression.

Not maybe in start, and if indeed off/on toggle , I will give it a shot. As once again, not all of us can/want to use mods.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,030 Member
    This first version is definitely not going to do everything that MCCC does, but they did say that is going to change. My hope is something similar to MCCC but possibly a bit tuned down.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

Not maybe in start, and if indeed off/on toggle , I will give it a shot. As once again, not all of us can/want to use mods.

That’s true. I actually don’t use story progression in my game. I’m a bit of a control freak but I am curious to know if the EA version can work in my game some how.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member

I wanted to add that if filling empty houses is on, the game does sometimes move in new residents, but not very often from my experience. It's still an option that's currently available.
  • Simber_SimsSimber_Sims Posts: 17 Member
    It's easy to forget just how much MCCC does when you're used to playing with it. I guess that's why so many of the houses are still empty in the save I am playing without mods in, even though I have fill empty houses on.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    I'm not really happy with the story progression from mccc, although I love the rest from this mod. So I have some hope on the maxis version. It is okay most of the time, but the mccc story progression does things I don't want sometimes in a themed gameplay and it cannot be adjust in the settings. It takes time to undo these unwanted changes, and now I just deleting these unwanted sims, I'm tired of being stuck in cas. Let me have control over the settings, then I'm happy. But I don't need more pop up's :).

Recently in my game, the attraction and the romance level rise high on this date. The Sim Diego is looking for the right words and action to seduce the beautiful red-haired lady in front of him. Bäm, Justin loves the adrenaline rush in his blood. Is it a sign that he likes sport?

Seriously?! ...
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    I will probably still use MCCC especially seeing as it doesn't look like with Ea's new story progression that the sims get married on their own.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Oh no, I wondered that myself. I had enough of EA story progression in Sims 3...Deaderpool is much better at it. I don't think I can play without MCCC. Hopefully the mod genius can figure out how to save us. :D

I used Twallen's Story Progression in Sims3, myself. I'm right there with you.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Hopefully it will provide a base for Deaderpool to build MCCC into something like NRAAS Story Progression
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I think it's a bit too early to tell. The first update for story progression is going to be player directed through social interactions, and will only be for sims your sim knows.

I don't think that even when the full story progression is released that I will use it. I like MCCC a lot, and I already have the settings exactly how I want it. Depending on how customizable EA's story progression will be, I might try it out.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I'm not getting rid of MCCC unless EA does something to render it useless, which I highly doubt will happen. I have all my settings to make my game perfect for me and my play style.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    Never used MCCC as I enjoy manually manipulating my chosen townie families (but still nevertheless always wondered if this was the best choice for me). I only work within the 200 sims limit per game. So I am looking forward to seeing what EA comes up with in the future.