Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build/Buy pack or kit.

VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
edited November 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Simple, we need one!!!! We need many more walls and floors to choose from with MANY more colors and designs to choose from. I have been watching home makeover shows and oh boy, do we need to update and many varieties of color and design swatches to choose from.
ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    The one think that would REALY make me and many others I'm sure, happy is the color wheel we had in The Sims 3!
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 301 Member
    The one think that would REALY make me and many others I'm sure, happy is the color wheel we had in The Sims 3!

I'm right with you on that one! So miss having the colour wheel - some of the choices available are simply horrid!
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I don't want a colour wheel, but I would love more wall paints, wallpapers, flooring etc. :smile:
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    We had a BB kit not too long ago, but it is only a matter of time before we get more. Plus BB is in SPs up, so pretty much anything but a kit is guaranteed some. I cannot swear how much or great the new wall and floor options will be, but they seem to be being added slowly to our BB catalogue.

Just out of curiosity @GirlFromIpanema, why is it you don't want a color wheel again? Obviously we don't necessarily have to have it and some don't care, but I don't remember it being a feature that got in the way of anyone that did not want to use it.
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity @GirlFromIpanema, why is it you don't want a color wheel again? Obviously we don't necessarily have to have it and some don't care, but I don't remember it being a feature that got in the way of anyone that did not want to use it.

I never played Sims 3, but a colour wheel has never really appealed to me. I just prefer swatches, that's all.

I did a quick Google though, and it looks like the colour wheel was in addition to the regular swatches? I didn't realise this. I assumed that a colour wheel would replace swatches.

There's lots of things I don't want in the game, it doesn't mean they shouldn't be added for those who do want them though. :smile:
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    No worries. Honestly, you do have a bit of a point. With create a style and the color wheel the base swatches were limited. You could technically do more, but because of that they didn't give us as much variety as they did with 4. So more work if you weren't so dedicated to an "inspired vision" and going to do it anyway.

When I usually hear don't want it is with a feature that would bother others and get in their way, so I was curious. I had always considered the color wheel pretty innocuous.
  • EllGeorgianaEllGeorgiana Posts: 13 New Member
    I always struggled to use the colour wheel in the Sims 3 as I felt a lot of time it was very overwhelming, then again may have just been my low end laptop at the time that couldn’t handle it 😂. I would love to see a pack focused on Build/Buy some simple wallpapers with additional swatches, I feel there is a good range of flooring but would love to see more swatches on the carpet options we have or additional patterns as I find myself using the same ones.

Was happy to see the updates on the kitchen counters as the new swatches are a lot cleaner/basic. Would love to see some counters with a better texture or just more counters 😊
    Calico45 wrote: »
    We had a BB kit not too long ago, but it is only a matter of time before we get more. Plus BB is in SPs up, so pretty much anything but a kit is guaranteed some. I cannot swear how much or great the new wall and floor options will be, but they seem to be being added slowly to our BB catalogue.

The color wheel was awesome. YOU you could make any object any color parts of objects different colors on some. I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want it. You you pick a color scheme for your decorating with any and all objects in the game! I was shocked when I saw we didn't get it in the base game.
    edited November 2021
    I always struggled to use the colour wheel in the Sims 3 as I felt a lot of time it was very overwhelming, then again may have just been my low end laptop at the time that couldn’t handle it 😂. I would love to see a pack focused on Build/Buy some simple wallpapers with additional swatches, I feel there is a good range of flooring but would love to see more swatches on the carpet options we have or additional patterns as I find myself using the same ones.

Was happy to see the updates on the kitchen counters as the new swatches are a lot cleaner/basic. Would love to see some counters with a better texture or just more counters 😊

I like the floors fine but options for colors are none or too few. 🙁
    Wall papers could use a very modern update.
    There are many things in the game I do love, not enough colors to choose from at all.
    Oh yes. I would definitely want the color wheel in addition to swatches NOT instead of. It's just frustrating sometimes to be so limited when one loves to decorate and build.
    Oh yes. I would definitely want the color wheel in addition to swatches NOT instead of. It's just frustrating sometimes to be so limited when one loves to decorate and build.

I'd be completely happy to have the colour wheel in addition to swatches, then everyone is happy. This seems to be really important to you, so I really hope that the colour wheel does come to TS4 one day (even if I don't use it). :smile:

I love the counters but I feel something is missing with the ones from the home decorator pack such as a marble top swatch and for other counters, the white swatch has never been white enough. It just looks like and extremely light grey and the same with so called white doors and door ways. Lol. The door from the decorator pack are actually white at least. We need doorways that white.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Walls and floors are seriously lacking. All it takes is a play session in TS2 to realize how limited our options in styles and colours are.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    Yup, walls and floors are really lacking in the game. If I had to guess, I'd say about 50% of all my cc in the game is just walls and floors to make up for the lack of choices we have otherwise.

My biggest complaint is the lack of swatches. We might get a new wallpaper in a pack, but they only give us a few colour swatches to choose from. Bah humbug, I say!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain

The flooring we have would be even better if they ALL had more color swatches. 🙂

• Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    I think TS4 has a lot of stuff already. This last comming years before TS5 should be focused on gameplay and pack improvements
    Renato10 wrote: »
    I think TS4 has a lot of stuff already. This last comming years before TS5 should be focused on gameplay and pack improvements

A color wheel would be a great improvement.vv
  • flippinmaryflippinmary Posts: 180 Member
    I agree wallpaper/floor choices are lacking. I would love wallpaper sets with half and half wallpaper top half & tile or wooden bottom half, and matching full wallpaper for each half.
    I agree wallpaper/floor choices are lacking. I would love wallpaper sets with half and half wallpaper top half & tile or wooden bottom half, and matching full wallpaper for each half.

I would LOVE that!!