Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When did you start playing to The Sims ?

Comments

• Jokr1929Jokr1929 Posts: 48 Member
    2004 - 2005 : The Sims 2 era
    I began playing right after Sims 2 Nightlife came out and have bought every pack since then O.o
    I've never played TS1 but I'd love to try it some day
  • Ava_da_simmerAva_da_simmer Posts: 1 New Member
    2021 and later
    > @LynnPlayz1 said:
    > I'm in the 1%. I don't know how to feel about that lol

So am I! I've only had the sims for a couple of months now and I love it I just wish the expansion packs where cheaper
  • CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    2000 - 2001 : The Sims era
    I had played SimCity from fairly early days, so when I saw The Sims (1), I was so thrilled. I didn't have my own computer for a while so I didn't get to play as much as I liked, until about 2002. Then my computer didn't run Sims 2 well, so I really missed that version, until that complete collection was released. I still love Sims 3 the most and still play.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    > @TARDISgrade said:
    > I started playing TS2 around 2008-2009 I think. Soon afterwards I got TS3, then stopped playing around 2012 because my PC broke and I got a Mac instead.

I started playing the sims when it was just about eating, sleeping, peeing, and i think working (TS1).
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    edited November 2021
    2009 - 2010 : The Sims 3 era
    I was a little first grader and started playing Sims 3 right after it was released. I remember going home from school and playing Sims 3 on my mom's potato laptop. The lag and graphics were atrocious, but I still managed to set plenty a sim on fire <3 World Adventures was my first expansion pack, and going through the classic elementary school Egyptology nerd phase I HAD to have it. I also played Sims 1 (+House Party and Livin' Large) occasionally, and god that was a challenge coming from Sims 3, but so much fun and chaos.

One year when I was probably around 9 years old (2011 maybe?) for my birthday and Christmas I asked only for every Sims 1, 2, and 3 expansion pack. Sims 1 and 2 were quite old by this time, so they were very cheap. Sims 3 was still current and pricey, so that was a family effort xD
    Sims 2 was my favorite, and it's the game I've logged the most hours in by far. I still play it the most to this day.

edit: I just thought of my poor lowish-end laptop from that time, running EVERY SINGLE sims game+their expansions. Little thing was a trooper.
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    About 2-4 days after launch.
  • RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    I don't remember when it was exactly, but I think it was soon after The Sims 3 had released.
    If I have a chance, I'd like to play TS1 and collaborate it with SimCity 4.
    But I wonder that the PC version of TS1 is still available.
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    2006 - 2008 (Packs developed by The Sims Studio)
    It's somewhere in 2006-2008 timeframe, I know I started playing the sims when I was either 12 or 13 started with Bustin Out then moved to Medieval when it came out, BTW do spin offs count?
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I'm amazed at how long this franchise has been going and also not surprised at the same time. It filled a niche that no other game series did at the time and even today its pretty unique (except for the ones who are copies/dupes of The Sims). Here's hoping it goes on for another 22 years!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    I'm a Sims OG, LOL. In 2000, I got introduced to The Sims by a high school friend. It's hard to believe that I've been playing for 21 years!
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    I started playing it when Sims 2 pets came out, I bought the base game, and the pets expansion. When I loaded it, there were icons that were blanked out, and that is when I realized there was more to it. I still have all the Sims 2, except for Ikea stuff pack and the mansion pack.
    Waited on Sims 3, because I didn't like how the Sims looked, and there were so many packs that they released for it. I wanted to see what Sims 3 had before buying it. I own it now, with some packs I wanted, but sadly my computer can't handle it, so I don't play it as often as I would like.
    Sims 4, I have the base game on my computer, but pretty much everything on my PS4.
  • JDubtx81JDubtx81 Posts: 26 Member
    2014 - 2016 : The Sims 4 era
    I started playing the Sims 3 back in July 2014 and the Sims 4 when it came out. I never have played the Sims 1 or Sims 2.
  • haloujahalouja Posts: 175 Member
    2002 - 2003
    My youngest daughter had played Sims 1 at a friend’s house and begged me to get it for her, which eventually I did. I liked the game and bought a few expansion packs for it too, But it was when Sims 2 came out that I really got hooked and I’ve been playing ever since. I have Sims 2 and all the expansions and Sims 3 and all the expansions and packs, I have Sims 4 and lots of expansions and packs - can’t afford to buy them immediately on release any more but hopefully I’ll get the complete set eventually.
    This signature has encountered a problem and will now close; do you want to send an error message?

25Aug2014
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,140 Member
    Not excactly sure, but I think it was around 2008, borrowing my sister Sims 2 game.. Then sometime later (2010, maybe) I bought my own copy of The Sims 3 and played it for a while, but not to much. I didn't pick it up again until 2016, when I started a new Sunset Valley game, but left that alone to for a good while, until I started playing the same save again in 2020.... So my current Sunset Valley save actually dates back to 2016. ;) However, most of my sims playing has happened in between 2020 and now...
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Around 2004. I first started playing TS1, and then after a year or two I played TS2. I remember in TS2, all I ever played was the university pack.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    edited December 2021
    I remember I got sims 1 there was exactly 1 expansion available. I loved it and was an avid simmer throughout the entire sims 2 era. I remember getting sims 2 on release and got all the packs as soon as they were out. I took a break around the start of the sims 3 era for a couple of years because of real life situations. When I returned I tried to warm up to sims 3 but never felt the same about that game. I don't like the look of the characters, dislike what story progression does to my other families and hate that the worlds are disconnected. As soon as I found out sims 4 had toddlers, I switched and instantly knew I preferred it to sims 3.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    2000. It seems like the Old Skool are still the majority here! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    2019 - 2020 (The Sims 4 rebranding)
    Aw c'mon, there have to be more pandemic-time starters out there!

gen3-banner.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The Sims, day 1 onwards, still at it. Learned about it while researching for an economics paper while in an MBA programme. It looked interesting, kept following its progress in the gaming press, so was ready to go on release day. Those were heady times, when the game kept topping the charts month after month, the gaming press was flooded with articles of all sorts, and store shelves heavily laden with Sims content, EA and 3rd party. Am still impressed by what could be done, even with the technology of 21 years ago.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,821 Member
    2014 - 2016 : The Sims 4 era
    Sims Freeplay actually brought me here. The last game i played before that was SimCity3000.
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    Wait... What is "Sims 4 rebranding"?
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited December 2021
    Wait... What is "Sims 4 rebranding"?

When they change the artwork as if it was a new game.

the-si13.jpgles-si12.jpg
    dcjf8j10.jpgthe_si10.png

• SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,302 Member
    It's hard to say what year etsacly I started playing Sims, but it was Sims 2, Sims 2 Pets and Sims 2 Castaway for Playstation. Pets was better than basegame and maybe the most fun moments was with Castaway. Later I got Sims 3 and Sims 3 Pets for Playstation and when I started playing Sims 3 on PC and found my way to the forums, it really got exiting.
    Sims 4 on PC only now and I take breaks from simming and play a lot, when I'm into Sims.
    Golden time with Sims was with Sims 3 on PC, Sims 3 site and the forums about Sims 3. :)
    Zpj9msL.png
  • MortimerGothMortimerGoth Posts: 80 Member
    2002 - 2003
    The Sims on PS2 was my first Sims game, so I think it was 2003. Surprised to see so many OGs here! :D
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    2002 - 2003
    2002. I played SimCity and SimTower prior to that back around 1994.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller