Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2021
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Switching households during the middle of a weekday and finding adults and kids still at home with the school and work icons flashing.

I guess this is kind of related to this but also...

Seeing children and teens walking around during school hours and in scout uniforms when it isn't even scout days.
  • LyssandriLyssandri Posts: 33 Member
    Not being able to get my Sims to stop wanting to buy Bee Boxes, 1x1 pools or other such things. I'd love to be able to turn off select whims so they don't keep coming back when I know I'm not ever going to use them.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Lyssandri wrote: »
    Not being able to get my Sims to stop wanting to buy Bee Boxes, 1x1 pools or other such things. I'd love to be able to turn off select whims so they don't keep coming back when I know I'm not ever going to use them.

I'd love for whims to be more age-appropriate too, it's weird for children and teens to get whims to buy pools or bee boxes. Ok, maybe the pool makes a little bit of sense because I pestered my parents for a pool while growing up. But I didn't want to buy it myself. lol
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Objects fading out when you get close
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • JDubtx81JDubtx81 Posts: 26 Member
    The thing that probably bugs me the most is the fact that sims clip through everything and other sims. Sims just never walk around objects/sims or wait for another sim to get out of the way. Will the Sims team ever fix the routing issues? Probably not. :/
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Sims squeezing through narrow spaces between another sim and a wall or table etc. instead of just walking by on the other side where there is plenty of space.
    The cake is a lie
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    JDubtx81 wrote: »
    The thing that probably bugs me the most is the fact that sims clip through everything and other sims. Sims just never walk around objects/sims or wait for another sim to get out of the way. Will the Sims team ever fix the routing issues? Probably not. :/

I read that this was done to avoid the pathing issues of older sims titles, but all it seems to have done is just create even more bizarre pathing issues. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • j_nellyj_nelly Posts: 20 Member
    > @Brd709 said:
    > Switching households during the middle of a weekday and finding adults and kids still at home with the school and work icons flashing.

This! I find it soo annoying why aren't they already there? I also hate the constant gravitating to a particular thing like the lump of clay/ mixing drinks
  • AntiquaAntiqua Posts: 106 Member
    edited November 2021
    Apricus wrote: »
    When your trying to keep your toddler from starving to death, so you put it in the high chair to feed them. Immediately after, the sim removes the child from the high chair.

This. That's why I don't use the high chairs ever (I've erased the existence of the high-chairs from my memories and will probably never notice when the bug/annoyance is fixed) and just have the toddler take the food from a group meal.
    How is the Haas family doing? Check out their struggles (and rules they have to follow) in this LP.
    And the Haas Family Tree, with some spoilers for the later chapters is made in the Plum Tree App.
  • grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    Not really trivial, but something that really annoys me is never being able to have a family meal since they nerfed eating and sims finish before others have even had time to sit down.

While I really appreciated the fix so that it doesn’t take sims over an hour to eat cereal, I wish they’d have created perhaps a separate option for proper meals for exactly the reason you said—at holidays or during family dinners, it’s impossible to get the group to eat together.

• Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    grassharp wrote: »
    Not really trivial, but something that really annoys me is never being able to have a family meal since they nerfed eating and sims finish before others have even had time to sit down.

While I really appreciated the fix so that it doesn’t take sims over an hour to eat cereal, I wish they’d have created perhaps a separate option for proper meals for exactly the reason you said—at holidays or during family dinners, it’s impossible to get the group to eat together.
    Whenever I set the table my sims always sit at the table to eat.

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Food stalls! My sim's out and about and starving, so I decide to hit the random food stall that's popped up in that area. I order food, the vendor sets it down and...a random passerby scoops it up and walks away with my starving sim's food! Almost every time. SO I find myself with the mouse and cursor hovering over the spot where they set it and clicking as fast as possible to pick it up quicker so that no random sim gets the food my sim paid for first!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    How other sims seem to be able to call dibs on something like a punching bag way far away. Today I tried to have my sim use a punching bag at the gym and he gives me the no-can-do wave, so I make him walk to a spot near the punching bag and try again and get the same wave. After a fairly long wait the townie who apparently remotely called dibs on it showed up to use it. I reset him like I was giving him the old was-here-first shove and tried again to use the punching bag but again got the no-can-do wave, during that time a second townie had remotely reserved it or put himself in some sort of queue for it.

I get this on my home lot with the fridge. I'll try to que up a sim who's starving to get something to eat and they'll do the no-can-do thing. Then 5-10 minutes later a sim in that house who's barely hungry at all goes to the fridge instead... *sigh*

Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I am not sure if it is deliberate but sims obsessing over single interactions that seem to go against their traits and the limited amount of autonomous interactions.

Examples:

YA sim with bookworm, genius, loner - only autonomous action is to troll the forums - mood doesn't matter - troll the forums - Every. Single. Time.

Adult sim with lazy, genius, romantic - primary autonomous actions are research workout tips and if there is even a sniff of any housework guess who is the first there cleaning up dishes, scrubbing baths, sinks etc. I think I have seen him autonomously nap lazily once.

He shares a house with a neat sim who pretty much only chats on the computer. That's pretty much it - chats on the computer, social bar full - but just chats to the exclusion of all else including needs in the scarlet zone.

All this aside, why is there is such a limited range of autonomous actions? Has anyone ever seen a sim browse Simpedia autonomously?

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    There is no Psychologist/Therapist career option.
    There is no Psychologist/Therapist career option.

They'd go insane.
    The cake is a lie
    My sims way too frequently stop to express admiration for something before doing an action. Yea, central heating is great, now go to the bathroom before you ... ah man!
    The cake is a lie
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    Sims autonomously going outside to react to the first snow even though I have autonomy off
  • JDubtx81JDubtx81 Posts: 26 Member
    Dogs lick and roll around in their own urine. :# Why is that even a thing in this game? Gross!
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    JDubtx81 wrote: »
    Dogs lick and roll around in their own urine. :# Why is that even a thing in this game? Gross!

Adds to the realism! Dogs just are that disgusting irl. :D

Why is it when my sims should walk in a straight line from their front door to their front gate they veer off into the flower beds instead?
    Tried building a nice little decorative fence and they still did it. Only thing that worked was building a giant uglyas* fence which I obviously didnt keep coz it looked dumb.
    Its like they all have an inner ear problem that stops them walking in a straight line!
  • OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    Pranking their own toilet because of mischief trait (when they live alone) and then using the toilet... why? WHY? The handiness skill is maxing out yes but AT WHAT COST?

Pls. Stop the madness. I beg of thee. I can't shake my head and call my sim an idiot every sim day anymore.