Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask Me Anything, the game

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    I haven't listen to any music in a couple of weeks but it was probably something by Blue October. I can't remember, it's been more than 5 minutes ago :D.

Which band (or artist) would you love to see live but haven't had the chance?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    The Word Alive, Picturesque, Vanish, Wildways, Imminence and Normandie.

Last concert you've been to?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    A small-time indie folk/rock band. Going to concerts is a good way to have early hearing loss, so I always use protection.
    What about your life are you unsatisfied with?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    My relationships with people. But it's kinda just my fault really for not liking to talk to people.

Same question.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    My messed up sleep schedule... x) But I love my work, so I'm not complaining.

What do you struggle with the most?

Z5yqGx5.png
    wow that's a big question. Not even sure I know. Okay I guess I struggle most with a social life but that's true for the vast majority of people out there. Online social media worsens this as we all know now, by feeding us "specially formulated" realities tailored to each of our individual biases, encouraging polarized worldviews and then feeding off and making money from the hate and discord that results. We all need to unplug from fake connections and start forming real ones. But our society is not set up for it because civic spaces and projects tend to cost tax money, whereas a life of consumerism and online social media use, not only don't cost tax money, but make money for corporations which then spend more and more to ensure a continued strangle hold on our political process for their own gain.

What do you think individuals can do in their own lives, to have any impact on the spread of hate and extremism?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    edited November 2021
    Stay away from social media. It only drags you down and makes you (subconsciously) drag the rest down with you. Misery loves company. The best thing I did for my mental health was delete my Facebook account years ago. Now, I only use these forums and watch YouTube.

Also, as cliche as it sounds, a simple smile to a stranger or letting someone else in front of you in line at the store can change a person's day.

I feel like the majority of people have become selfish in a way. I've said for years we live in a "Me society." It's ok to focus on yourself and well-being but do we really need to be the first in line at the grocery store?

All in all, limit the amount of negativity you put out into the world, and avoid those who seek to spread it. Having an IDGAFB (I don't give a freezer bunny--thanks SimGuruNate for that one) attitude helps a lot.

That was a pretty thought-provoking question, so I'll pass it on. Same question.
    Post edited by SweetieWright_84 on
    I'mma say the opposite of that and say to use social media as an outlet to spread awareness and stop hate. Honestly, without social media, I would have not known about all the crazy things that are happening around the world. That being said, of course, there's only so much one can do on social media. Spreading awareness is one thing, but also actively doing something about it in person will be better.

If you could only choose between having one of these two super powers, which one would you choose: teleportation or time travel (without causing any butterfly effect)? And why?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    That's a tough one, but I think teleportation because I would save so much time and gas money.

What mythical creature do you wish were real? Why?
    Phoenix cuz just look at how badbutt it is!! Come on!! :D

Do you know your skin type? Oily, dry, combination?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay wrote: ยป
    Phoenix cuz just look at how badbutt it is!! Come on!! :D

Do you know your skin type? Oily, dry, combination?

Yes, I agree, the phoenix is pretty awesome!

I would say combination, oily forehead, nose creases, dry cheeks and chin.

What is a phrase that you could use as a compliment or an insult?
    I have no idea for any specific ones. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Anything with sarcasm, I guess.

What's your fab music genre?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Cats cuz they're dope and cute.

Did you get your dream job that you dreamt of when you're a kid?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    When I was a kid, I never could "settle" on what I wanted to be my career. I bounced from wanting to be a lawyer, doctor, teacher, etc, but nothing ever stuck. I'm a stay-at-home mom now and I do love what I do. So in a sense, I guess I did get my dream job but it took me until I had my kids to realize it.

If you could choose one thing that would make this the best year ever, on a personal level (i.e not impacting anyone but yourself or family), what would it be?
    Best year ever is really hard to top cuz 2015 was my fav. Maybe if I get to meet my bois from Vanish in real life... that would be amazing. :D

What do you wish to get for Christmas?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    That's a good question, John Coffey (Michael Clark Duncan) in "The Green Mile." One of my favorite movies and my favorite characters. I have seen that movie several times, and I cry every time. Also, maybe Eli (Denzel Washington) in "The Book of Eli."

Same question.
    Ooh. Maybe Will Smith's character in I Am Legend?

Have you ever broken a promise?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I'm sure I must have, sometime, whether unintentional or not but can't think of anything offhand. I've rarely ever been asked for promises, and I wouldn't give one lightly. Still, I must have done, sometime. No one's perfect.

Have you?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Probably, if I forgot about making it. I usually try not to break them tho.

Fav emoji?
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    This one ๐Ÿ˜…

What was the last festival you attended (music, gastronomic, whatever...)?
    It was a small music festival. I don't think it was advertised as a festival. One of my fav bands, I See Stars was playing the headliner but they had quite a few other bands from around my region playing and the show started at like 3pm or so, and the headliner act only came on at 8pm. So I'd consider that a mini festival since it was pretty long. ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜†

Fav music video trilogy or how every many there is to stitch a whole story?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Probably Travis Tritt's "Anymore" or Guns N' Roses' "November Rain/Don't You Cry." I actually forgot the GNR was a trilogy until that question.

We all have that one song from our younger years that makes us think of a specific moment, what song is that for you?
    In The Shadows by The Rasmus. But I seriously have so many. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Same question.
    FwDXXd5.gif