Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modern Menswear Kit: Available Now!

Comments

• Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Here are most of the clothes that they showed from the livestream yesterday:

74l7IZ3.png

Fortunately, the denim jacket and pants are separates. The clothes that are separates are easier to digest. I do wonder what my lady sims might look like in most of these tops.

But in all honesty, and with the utmost respect, I am going to refer to the outfit on the top row, 3rd from the left as the @Nate_Whiplash1 special. It just needs some headgear.
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    This is not my flavor. The skirts look like the one in Japanese animation, Sailor Moon.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    The “holes” seem to be a design feature with the knitted sweater, aka lace knitting. Never seen any THAT large, though, and I’m a knitter who has looked over many sweater patterns. A lace that open doesn’t offer much structure and would really affect the drape of the resulting fabric. IRL it would droop and sag quickly, unless the material was quite stiff, and overall it’s not something I’d ever want in a sweater. It’s impractical on so many levels.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    haisin wrote: »
    My favourite so far: the sweaters (I don't get why ppl say they are ugly they look cute to me), the 3rd top in the bottom row, and the pants in the second to last outfit. For the 2nd and 3rd outfit.... I'm not sure abt it. I think a sim was wearing a swatch of it in one of the promotional images and I really liked it.

Well the sweaters do have holes in them which feels kinda...niche.

I think the pants and the jackets look okay. Everything feels so stylized though, but I guess that's the point.

Yeah I don't get whats wrong with the sweaters with holes I mean ripped jeans are pretty popular now. And with these sweaters there's like a shirt underneath if ur worried abt ur sim being cold.

I might actually like those sweaters more if there wasn't a shirt underneath. Then they'd give me more daring and maybe rebellious feel. Now the holes just make me very uneasy. I'm not sure why, but I just dislike them very much. I wouldn't wear a sweater like that and when I look at them I'm just like why are there holes!? I especially don't like the one that has the triangle hole on the back. Now that I think about it I might not like the holes because they are so clean cut and weirdly shaped and the shirt underneath is boring. Why cut holes when there's nothing to see? Some funny patterned shirt underneath might be better. I also think I'd like tattered holes more. Tattered holes in jeans look better.

Those knitted textures in this kit look good, though.

I guess the holes are there as a design idk I find it interesting that so many ppl are bothered by the holes lol maybe this how older generations felt like when ripped jeans became a thing
    Ripped jeans have been a thing for several generations, so older generations wore them too and honestly the girls that got pregnant at my high school wore acid and ripped jeans, so no mini skirt doesn't cause woohoo, kids being ignored by their parents often does. Men in skirts isn't a new thing. I often find the modern generation and baby boomers dress a lot alike and behave alike especially with their celeb icons. There were a lot of ideas shared in more male clothing thread both with skirts, dresses, pants, shorts, etc. Romans wore a lot of skirts too especially I plays where the guys play female parts in the theatre so that was an interesting theme request. Simmers did make a generic statement of wanting more feminine clothing too and not worry about masculine clothing so they got what they asked for.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »

74l7IZ3.png

Fortunately, the denim jacket and pants are separates. The clothes that are separates are easier to digest. I do wonder what my lady sims might look like in most of these tops.

But in all honesty, and with the utmost respect, I am going to refer to the outfit on the top row, 3rd from the left as the @Nate_Whiplash1 special. It just needs some headgear.

You know it :wink:
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member

74l7IZ3.png

But in all honesty, and with the utmost respect, I am going to refer to the outfit on the top row, 3rd from the left as the Nate_Whiplash1 special. It just needs some headgear.

Yeah this is disappointing for simmers like me who wanted more masculine clothing for men. I agree, the full body outfits are pretty hard to digest, even if they tried to make some outfits more appealing like they said on the livestream.

Good for people that wanted to dress up their sims like this I guess...
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    last stream of the year sounds so sad tbh with no pack coming too

I hope they got something exciting in their sleeves to keep party going over december

This! I was hoping that they'd end the year with a "supernatural-themed" bang since this year opened with Paranormal Stuff, heck I was hopeful that this year would be the year of the occult. But Sadly, it was more normal and nature themes with an environmental message crammed in there somewhere.

Always next year I suppose, but my poor occult-loving heart is a little broken. :disappointed:

I don't consider myself an occult player, but a "Year of the Occult" would be so much fun. I really hope this happens for those who want more occult!

I hope it happens soon, there's so many occult life-state missing, it's kind of sad.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Is that brown and white scarf thing they included in the tweed outfit or is it separate accessory? Also, the dresses with pants better not be outfits, they would look lovely on female sims. They give me a sixties vibe.

I was thinking the same thing about the sixties vibe and, hopefully, they'll be listed as a top so pants would be optional and not a full outfit.
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Ripped jeans have been a thing for several generations, so older generations wore them too and honestly the girls that got pregnant at my high school wore acid and ripped jeans, so no mini skirt doesn't cause woohoo, kids being ignored by their parents often does. Men in skirts isn't a new thing. I often find the modern generation and baby boomers dress a lot alike and behave alike especially with their celeb icons. There were a lot of ideas shared in more male clothing thread both with skirts, dresses, pants, shorts, etc. Romans wore a lot of skirts too especially I plays where the guys play female parts in the theatre so that was an interesting theme request. Simmers did make a generic statement of wanting more feminine clothing too and not worry about masculine clothing so they got what they asked for.

To be honest what I really don't get is the people (not on here, but on various social media) who are acting like this pack is some sort of revolution. They put a guy in a basic skirt, wow, big deal. Designers like Gaultier put men in skirts back in the 90s, the 80s had gender non conforming artists like Marilyn & Pete Burns, have a look at some of the concert footage of bands like Specimen & Virgin Prunes back in the early 80s, they're wearing, 'le gasp', women's clothing, and I haven't even mentioned the glam era of the 70s. Putting a guy in a skirt is not some huge revolutionary idea.

Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

Is that brown and white scarf thing they included in the tweed outfit or is it separate accessory? Also, the dresses with pants better not be outfits, they would look lovely on female sims. They give me a sixties vibe.

I was thinking the same thing about the sixties vibe and, hopefully, they'll be listed as a top so pants would be optional and not a full outfit.

I took another look at the livestream. It appears that there are 5 full body outfits. The 2 dresses with pants are both full body. The outfits with and without the scarf are full body. I believe the designer said the scarf is not a separate. The 5th full body is the one with the boots. There are 5 pants and 1 skirt as bottoms. There are 10 tops. There are 2 shoes. The total number of pieces is 23.

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

I watched the livestream and I have to say I enjoyed the discussion between the team, the art lead and the co founder of Stefan Cooke’s menswear, Jake Burt.
    When one of the Gurus asked him about the name “Modern Menswear Kit”, Jake confirmed that this kit is about “Modern Menswear Runway Fashion”.
    Hearing that made me feel less “crazy” in a way. I still don’t agree with the official name, and for me personally most of this content is too niche for my taste, too odd for my male sims and not interesting enough for my females -at the moment at least- but I’m happy for those who can use this. That’s what kits are for!

I dislike most of the styles in this kit - period -and I won’t go on about it much longer. However, after watching the CAS content demo during the livestream I have to admit that I am quite impressed with the quality of meshes and textures in this little pack. One of the best so far I believe, so Kudos to the team of artists who worked on this. I appreciate how the light plays with the texture on the pants with the massive pockets at the front. The only reason I would buy the kit is for the quality of the items. But I wish those pants were shipped without the huge flappy pockets. I would have loved those leather boots to be separate from that full body outfit. (Are they?)
    I do like the leather biker jacket but I want to see more worn leather for males (and females). I’m also not a fan of predetermined combinations and I don’t care whether the essence of the designer style gets lost if they’re not part of a full body outfit. I’m the designer in my own game. Let me choose between pushing boundaries or remaining conventional when dressing my dolly dudes & dudettes. As others mentioned, If more items were made available as separate pieces, I would invest in this kit much, much quicker.
    For now I’ll just buy an extra coffee with an extra shot of coffee and not think too much about it until I think about it again.

I’ll be quiet now.
    But not before leaving this here 😇:

This is how my dear simself would think about these items. Like any sim, he thinks in likes, dislikes but also in mehs. We should have “meh” in game. First one is a meh. 🐐

Modern-Meh-Kit-Wear.jpg

⬇️ If the very top and the very bottom are separate I will buy this darn kit. ⬇️

More-Meh.jpg
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I watched the livestream and I have to say I enjoyed the discussion between the team, the art lead and the co founder of Stefan Cooke’s menswear, Jake Burt.
    When one of the Gurus asked him about the name “Modern Menswear Kit”, Jake confirmed that this kit is about “Modern Menswear Runway Fashion”.
    Hearing that made me feel less “crazy” in a way. I still don’t agree with the official name, and for me personally most of this content is too niche for my taste, too odd for my male sims and not interesting enough for my females -at the moment at least- but I’m happy for those who can use this. That’s what kits are for!

I dislike most of the styles in this kit - period -and I won’t go on about it much longer. However, after watching the CAS content demo during the livestream I have to admit that I am quite impressed with the quality of meshes and textures in this little pack. One of the best so far I believe, so Kudos to the team of artists who worked on this. I appreciate how the light plays with the texture on the pants with the massive pockets at the front. The only reason I would buy the kit is for the quality of the items. But I wish those pants were shipped without the huge flappy pockets. I would have loved those leather boots to be separate from that full body outfit. (Are they?)
    I do like the leather biker jacket but I want to see more worn leather for males (and females). I’m also not a fan of predetermined combinations and I don’t care whether the essence of the designer style gets lost if they’re not part of a full body outfit. I’m the designer in my own game. Let me choose between pushing boundaries or remaining conventional when dressing my dolly dudes & dudettes. As others mentioned, If more items were made available as separate pieces, I would invest in this kit much, much quicker.
    For now I’ll just buy an extra coffee with an extra shot of coffee and not think too much about it until I think about it again.

I’ll be quiet now.

This is how my dear simself would think about these items. Like any sim, he thinks in likes, dislikes but also in mehs. We should have “meh” in game. First one is a meh. 🐐

Modern-Meh-Kit-Wear.jpg

⬇️ If the very top and the very bottom are separate I will buy this darn kit. ⬇️

More-Meh.jpg

I like the t shirt to and would love to have one like it in game but sadly it is stuck to the rest of the outfit.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited November 2021

To be honest what I really don't get is the people (not on here, but on various social media) who are acting like this pack is some sort of revolution. They put a guy in a basic skirt, wow, big deal. Designers like Gaultier put men in skirts back in the 90s, the 80s had gender non conforming artists like Marilyn & Pete Burns, have a look at some of the concert footage of bands like Specimen & Virgin Prunes back in the early 80s, they're wearing, 'le gasp', women's clothing, and I haven't even mentioned the glam era of the 70s. Putting a guy in a skirt is not some huge revolutionary idea.

I have seen people on here act like it is too.

Yeah I mean you got Liberace in 1985 with his outfit.
    liberace10_custom-3c0abcdc61d3d3d5ede916b6d24bb982995066c7-s800-c15.jpg

Michael Jackson in a skirt.
    michael%20jackson%20remember%20the%20time2.jpg

Sir Elton John in his queen dress.
    2d2e2232a327ba6edb31b7838f6695d1.jpg

Freddy Mercury from Queen in his outfit.
    23c876c0f4d76254c063f307f694320d_copy_465_673_int.jpg

So sorry, you brought skirts back into men's fashion.

The history of men in skirts.

https://www.bustle.com/style/were-dresses-made-for-men-skirts

But yeah even in historical times men did wear skirts shorter than women did. It is only within the last hundred years or so the fashion has shifted. Personally I am attracted to clean shaven men with short hair and in pants or shorts that don't show underwear. But I always found short shorts and mullets on men although being popular in the baby boomer generation more on the feminine side, so some women are attracted to a feminine man more so they can be the one wearing the pants. All about sexual preference of who they are attracted to. I don't mind a guy who can cook, dance, and cry despite it being something men have been shamed in doing in the recent history.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

I’ll be quiet now.

Modern-Meh-Kit-Wear.jpg

More-Meh.jpg

Well, at least you've got more smiley faces than I would. The boots are the only thing I could give one to. And I pretty much hate predetermined outfits unless they're just generic stuff to put on unplayed townies (obviously not what this kit was meant for). But of course that part isn't directly related to this kit, anyway. I just don't happen to like most head-to-toe outfits in general, because there are almost always parts that I'd rather replace with other pieces. Everything except the boots, for example. :tongue:

I'm glad there are people who do like this kit, though. Maybe the feedback from this thread will help ensure that they'll give us some more masculine items in the (hopefully near) future. Hopefully not meant for the runway next time, though. :grin:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I was just wishing pushing boundaries meant something bolder and more alternative... like extreme punk gear... but no

Yea I was thinking of something more like mens cyber punk,Crop tops, leather pants, lace up pants, ripped front denim pants, as more boundary pushing.....
    Plus we still have no fitted jeans,both low rise and high rise. All of the men's stuff look kinda.... frumpy?

I don't know why we can't say that word lol
    But I mean the punk style like that video game....

This. I feel like most of my male Sims get left out when it comes to clothes and style. Sadly they all tend to look the same, although one I've made recently for a scenario has ended up looking slightly different and he was more interesting to make and play.
    But no, this is a kit that I won't be buying.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

74l7IZ3.png

What a horrible day to have eyes.

How I wish we still had the lol button, this comment really tickled me 😄😄😄
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member

I took another look at the livestream. It appears that there are 5 full body outfits. The 2 dresses with pants are both full body. The outfits with and without the scarf are full body. I believe the designer said the scarf is not a separate. The 5th full body is the one with the boots. There are 5 pants and 1 skirt as bottoms. There are 10 tops. There are 2 shoes. The total number of pieces is 23.

Full outfits, that's disappointing. One of the best features of CAS Sims 4 style is that you can mix and match tops and bottoms...full sets restricts player creativity.

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited November 2021
    This kit is interesting but it's not exactly the content that I have been request since 2012.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    edited November 2021
    Gordy wrote: »

What a horrible day to have eyes.

This just made me laugh so hard, for a long time. That's a tough thing to do with internet comments, kudos to you.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I'm just glad that we have the option to not buy this kit because everything that I've seen of it so far looks tacky. I don't play enough female Sims to make this kit worth getting either. I also didn't buy the Throwback Fit or Fashion Street kits. No Bust the Dust either so my poor Sims don't even have vacuum cleaners or dust bunnies to contend with.
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    edited November 2021
    Scobre wrote: »

I have seen people on here act like it is too.

Yeah I mean you got Liberace in 1985 with his outfit.
    liberace10_custom-3c0abcdc61d3d3d5ede916b6d24bb982995066c7-s800-c15.jpg

Michael Jackson in a skirt.
    michael%20jackson%20remember%20the%20time2.jpg

Sir Elton John in his queen dress.
    2d2e2232a327ba6edb31b7838f6695d1.jpg

Freddy Mercury from Queen in his outfit.
    23c876c0f4d76254c063f307f694320d_copy_465_673_int.jpg

So sorry , you brought skirts back into men's fashion.

The history of men in skirts.

https://www.bustle.com/style/were-dresses-made-for-men-skirts

But yeah even in historical times men did wear skirts shorter than women did. It is only within the last hundred years or so the fashion has shifted. Personally I am attracted to clean shaven men with short hair and in pants or shorts that don't show underwear. But I always found short shorts and mullets on men although being popular in the baby boomer generation more on the feminine side, so some women are attracted to a feminine man more so they can be the one wearing the pants. All about sexual preference of who they are attracted to. I don't mind a guy who can cook, dance, and cry despite it being something men have been shamed in doing in the recent history.

I must've missed some posts in this thread. Can you point out where people on here are acting as if this pack is going to revolutionise people's attitudes towards men wearing skirts as if it's a thing that has never happened before? What I was referring to was those folks, of any age bracket, who are acting like this is the first time in modern history that a designer has ever put in a man in a skirt & that somehow the mere concept is some sort of mind blowing revelation that is gonna lead us all to the promised land of gender equality & acceptance of non binary and gender non conforming people in society (which of course are all positive things for us to strive for, but it is just a skirt on a man, and a not very good skirt on a man in my opinion, it's not a revolutionary concept to me). I feel like I'm missing some context in posts on here?

Also, just as an aside, you're use of the term 'boomers', or 'baby boomers', although I am not part of that generation, I personally find to be ageist and potentially discriminatory towards those members on here who may fit that age bracket (especially those who may very well have been part of the earlier modern movements towards LGBTQI rights & who would therefore likely be supportive of gender non conforming clothing). I would personally appreciate it if you could please consider refraining from using ageist language. Thank you in advance for your consideration. :)
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    edited November 2021

I must've missed some posts in this thread. Can you point out where people on here are acting as if this pack is going to revolutionise people's attitudes towards men wearing skirts as if it's a thing that has never happened before? What I was referring to was those folks, of any age bracket, who are acting like this is the first time in modern history that a designer has ever put in a man in a skirt & that somehow the mere concept is some sort of mind blowing revelation that is gonna lead us all to the promised land of gender equality & acceptance of non binary and gender non conforming people in society (which of course are all positive things for us to strive for, but it is just a skirt on a man, and a not very good skirt on a man in my opinion, it's not a revolutionary concept to me). I feel like I'm missing some context in posts on here?

Also, just as an aside, you're use of the term 'boomers', or 'baby boomers', although I am not part of that generation, I personally find to be ageist and potentially discriminatory towards those members on here who may fit that age bracket (especially those who may very well have been part of the earlier modern movements towards LGBTQI rights & who would therefore likely be supportive of gender non conforming clothing). I would personally appreciate it if you could please consider refraining from using ageist language. Thank you in advance for your consideration. :)
    Not going to because mods took care of some of it but yes I do agree it happens with any age bracket. Boomers/baby boomers was the comment that they themselves said in this thread so yes there were some comments about that they didn't like the kit because of being part of the baby boomer or older generation, the term they used which I think is a poor excuse because yes like you said and shown in the pictures they started many of the movement. In short yes I agree with you it isn't revolutionary. It is apart of history. My parents are baby boomers and talked about how people came out of the closet and they shared the music they listened to and the fashion that people wore and pictures of what they wore. I do think it is ageist that people started pointing out the kit would only appeal to teenagers which are called millennials in this thread when actually they fall under gen z. Millennials are old enough to be parents now.

I am an average person that shops at thrift stores which was interesting with the interview with the stream of one of the fashion designers, they shop at thrift stores and brings they back to alter, so their designers do use clothing that older generations of people actually wore. Kind of like upcycling that Eco Lifestyle was promoting too.

I was in love with a guy who later came out of the closet too and he dressed very masculine and was told to be very macho makes him a man. I had a feeling about him just with how he behaved and who he preferred hanging out with. He ended up marrying my sister's old male coworker. I had a friend that dressed tight pants too. I work with a guy too who just dresses like an everyday gamer but I see him eat lunch with his boyfriend sometimes. Rock Hudson came out of the closet too and wore suits. So yeah fashion doesn't always determine sexuality.
    Post edited by Scobre on
  • Options
    JDubtx81JDubtx81 Posts: 26 Member
    No, just no on the skirts. Blech!
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I may pass on this kit, I wouldn't be bothered if they actually put in kilts instead of the skirts, or another type of skirts actually based on a culture where men wear a skirt-like outfit.
    When it comes to getting more male clothes, this isn't what most people want, most people just want more clothes for males in general. The kits before this one had pretty good clothing for both genders, more for girls, but it added more for men. If I can remove the skirt, or make it longer to look like a kilt, I will pass on this one.