Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Content from DLCs in the basegame

2...Next

Comments

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited July 2021
    It really bothers me if the main feature of a pack gets put free example hot tubs, I do wish they stop doing this , I do remember they put quite a lot of tops from get famous to base game, although i know there's some that can't afford all the packs, for the people that do own it, its not completely fair, I wouldn't mind it if it was similar to what we got from a pack but not the actual item, at the end of the day games are a luxury not essential, I really don't know why people that paid for pack have the same items from that pack for free a little while after it, I would say that it's more unfair than people that haven't or couldn't buy it
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited July 2021
    elelunicy wrote: »
    This is what I found some days ago:

"Basegame" wooden floor:

spaday1.png

Wall panels from Spa Day:

spaday2.png

It was obviously same set, but currently this floor panels are in the base game.

What are you talking about. That floor was never part of Spa Day. Just because something looks like a set to you doesn't mean anything.

This case is similar to the Basketball outfit

The jersey is in EP03 City Living and the shorts was in GP05 Parenthood but became a basegame content.
    Did you know it ?

GP05 Parenthood brought the shorts for the basketball jersey from EP03 City Living.

aervv5nk70xz.jpeg

• dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    looks like they're making the vegetarian trait from CiLi BG as well - it's included in the build GCs have.
    edited July 2021
    At the same time it's unfair to pay for several packs in order to get the whole set.

Added as a free content seems to be more acceptable in this case.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member

"Basegame" wooden floor:

spaday1.png

spaday2.png

It was obviously same set, but currently this floor panels are in the base game.

What are you talking about. That floor was never part of Spa Day. Just because something looks like a set to you doesn't mean anything.

The jersey is in EP03 City Living and the shorts was in GP05 Parenthood but became a basegame content.
    Did you know it ?

GP05 Parenthood brought the shorts for the basketball jersey from EP03 City Living.

aervv5nk70xz.jpeg

Are the base game shorts identical to the Parenthood shorts? Or are the colour swatches different?

Adding matching items in a different pack is annoying because they are more difficult to find, but I’m glad they are added at all.

I’m still hoping they will add matching cabinets to the Island Living and Snowy Escape counters as they are my favourite. And I don’t care if they are added to the base game for everyone.
    edited July 2021
    g01denswan wrote: »

"Basegame" wooden floor:

spaday1.png

spaday2.png

Did you know it ?

aervv5nk70xz.jpeg

Are the base game shorts identical to the Parenthood shorts? Or are the colour swatches different?

I checked the game files, it's 3 additional color swatches (Scarlet, Purple and Teal).
    It's a source of confusion because the filter finds these shorts in basegame content but the basketball colors are game pack content.

• somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

"Basegame" wooden floor:

spaday1.png

spaday2.png

Did you know it ?

aervv5nk70xz.jpeg

I checked the game files, it's 3 additional color swatches (Scarlet, Purple and Teal).
    It's a source of confusion because the filter finds these shorts in basegame content but the basketball colors are game pack content.

Yes, and most clothes that were “transfered” into base game work like that. For example, the beanie hat (originally from GTW) is tagged as basegame now. But only first three swatches are basegame, others are still GTW — and it creates confusion when simmers upload their sims to the gallery and can't understand what GTW clothes they have used. The same with Get Famous blouse and jacket, etc.

"Basegame" wooden floor:

spaday1.png

spaday2.png

Did you know it ?

aervv5nk70xz.jpeg

Thanks. So they aren’t giving away paid content then, and everyone benefits equally from the additional colours like everyone benefits equally from the matching floor tile the OP complained about. It appears that some simmers are confusing ‘similar’ with ‘identical’.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @Jyotai I can't envision playing without seasons. And TS4 is the best implementation of seasons sans the festivals from TS3 and the ability to skate on ponds. I love how each world has different weather. Raining in windenburg, go to del sol valley. Snowing in Newcrest, head to sulani. lonely, befriend patchy, or a bunny, or father winter. bummed kids go to school during the summer, create summer break holiday. It is such a flexible pack even though it didn't come with a world. I hope you like it.

also can't envision playing without the calendar. When it hits base game folks without seasons will really love it.

Except for the hot tub, I never noticed stuff from existing packs going to base game. Just that stuff created in new packs were base game like Off the Grid from Island Living. What annoyed me about that is you need Eco Lifestyle to truly enjoy it. & I won't get EL because of some naps
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    edited July 2021
    @Nikkih the hot tub thing didn't bother me, because in TS3 they released hot tubs in one pack and then in future packs they released different variations of hot tubs. I was stunned when they didn't do that in TS4. Kinda awful that there is a limitation in the style of hot tubs.

Also I was one of those people who refused to purchase a pack for a hot tub and was glad they gifted us the hot tub.

BTW for a game that is not a subscription game we should be grateful they do give us things free. Granted many things should've been base game as it was in the past, but over all, they can do whatever they want. Give freebies or not. Giving freebies keeps people engaged in the game and interested when new packs come out. Some may even purchase the pack after playing with freebies
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited July 2021
    troshalom wrote: »
    @Nikkih the hot tub thing didn't bother me, because in TS3 they released hot tubs in one pack and then in future packs they released different variations of hot tubs. I was stunned when they didn't do that in TS4. Kinda awful that there is a limitation in the style of hot tubs.

Also I was one of those people who refused to purchase a pack for a hot tub and was glad they gifted us the hot tub.

BTW for a game that is not a subscription game we should be grateful they do give us things free. Granted many things should've been base game as it was in the past, but over all, they can do whatever they want. Give freebies or not. Giving freebies keeps people engaged in the game and interested when new packs come out. Some may even purchase the pack after playing with freebies

Why should I be grateful getting something for free which I already bought ?, in the sims 3 hot tubs were never the main feature of a pack never in the sims 4 it is, that's like making washing machines & dryers for free, people actually bought this pack to get it then we get it free, if I'm being honest that would be a kick in the teeth, the people that didn't buy the pack of course would be happy and not bother @troshalom
    Nikkih wrote: »

Why should I be grateful getting something for free which I already bought ?, in the sims 3 hot tubs were never the main feature of a pack never in the sims 4 it is, that's like making washing machines & dryers for free, people actually bought this pack to get it then we get it free, if I'm being honest that would be a kick in the teeth, the people that didn't buy the pack of course would be happy and not bother @troshalom

I bought Laundry Day and would be really happy if washers and dryers were added to the base game. I would love to get some new meshes or even just colour swatches. Even better if I can create laundromats.

Why would logical people who bought the pack be upset when the people who didn’t buy the pack still won’t have the meshes/colour swatches from the pack? I can understand being angry if identical washers and dryers were suddenly added to the base game, but I doubt they would do that.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member

I bought Laundry Day and would be really happy if washers and dryers were added to the base game. I would love to get some new meshes or even just colour swatches. Even better if I can create laundromats.

Why would logical people who bought the pack be upset when the people who didn’t buy the pack still won’t have the meshes/colour swatches from the pack? I can understand being angry if identical washers and dryers were suddenly added to the base game, but I doubt they would do that.

I don't mind if small parts of packs are patched into the base game. Get to work still has plenty of content left after photography was added to the base game like the retail system and the active careers. Seasons will still have weather and holidays to make the pack worth it after the calendar becomes base game. But also smaller packs: toddler stuff still has the play dates after a hair was added to the base game. But what does perfect patio left now that hot tubs are base game? Absolutely nothing, just a few meshes/recolours of base game features. It's main selling point is gone. As someone who buys packs, even stuff packs for new content, I feel cheated. I bought the pack for hot tubs. If I had known it was nothing more than early access to hot tubs, I wouldn't have bought it.

Take your example for washers and dryers added to the base game. Should they be functional for people who don't have laundry day or only decorative? If they are functional for everyone than all the game play of laundry day would be base game and laundry day would add nothing to the game you can't do without the pack. New washers and dryers would be nice, but not if they make the original pack an empty box with 100% base game functionality.
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I don't mind if small parts of packs are patched into the base game. Get to work still has plenty of content left after photography was added to the base game like the retail system and the active careers. Seasons will still have weather and holidays to make the pack worth it after the calendar becomes base game. But also smaller packs: toddler stuff still has the play dates after a hair was added to the base game. But what does perfect patio left now that hot tubs are base game? Absolutely nothing, just a few meshes/recolours of base game features. It's main selling point is gone. As someone who buys packs, even stuff packs for new content, I feel cheated. I bought the pack for hot tubs. If I had known it was nothing more than early access to hot tubs, I wouldn't have bought it.

Take your example for washers and dryers added to the base game. Should they be functional for people who don't have laundry day or only decorative? If they are functional for everyone than all the game play of laundry day would be base game and laundry day would add nothing to the game you can't do without the pack. New washers and dryers would be nice, but not if they make the original pack an empty box with 100% base game functionality.

Perfect Patio still has all the other content. I didn’t buy it for the hot tubs, and EA never said that hot tubs were exclusive to the pack anyway. If simmers concluded that they were exclusive to the pack, perhaps they should examine why they reached that conclusion.

As for adding functional washers and dryers to the base game, the other content, including the wash tub and clothes line, would still only be available in Laundry Day.

I don’t understand why some people are so bothered that others also get to enjoy similar content.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member

Perfect Patio still has all the other content. I didn’t buy it for the hot tubs, and EA never said that hot tubs were exclusive to the pack anyway. If simmers concluded that they were exclusive to the pack, perhaps they should examine why they reached that conclusion.

As for adding functional washers and dryers to the base game, the other content, including the wash tub and clothes line, would still only be available in Laundry Day.

I don’t understand why some people are so bothered that others also get to enjoy similar content.

Hot tubs were only available with this pack, they were the reason why the pack was created. In my book that means they were exclusive to that pack. But I suppose you have a point when you say EA never promised things would stay that way. EA has the right to put 100% of a pack into the base game. Even if it means paying customers feel cheated because the product they bought lost nearly all of its value.

As I said I don't mind if a part of the content of a pack becomes base game. As long as there is something left. And a nice looking bathing suit or new chair don't add any substantial to the game. There is nothing I can do with these items that can't be done with only the base game. This stuff pack is now little more than a big kit but twice as expensive. At least with kits we know we don't get any new gameplay.

I bought a pack that allowed something new to the game and ended up with a pack with purely cosmetic alternatives to base game content.

As for adding functional washers and dryers to the base game, the main feature would be gone from laundry day. There might be a tiny bit left if clothing lines would remain with the pack but it's reason to exist would be gone, the pack would be stripped from it's main feature. I hope EA won't pull another trick like they did with perfect patio. I would like new washers and dryers but I wish EA would patch them in for the users of that specific pack, not for base game.
    I hear y'all. BTW I love laundry day and I would love some new machine styles too. Don't care if they throw it to base game or in another pack, actually base game would mean I wouldn't have to shell out extra money. I've had the pack for about 2+ years, I got my $5 worth. So I won't be bent out of shape if washing machines became free for all so that I could get some new styles of washing machines.

I just think it is bizarre for folks who purchased the game and packs and then EXPECT EA to give them freebies all the time. So Yeah, be grateful.
    Folks tickle me who think companies should have their employees work to provide them with free stuff.
    free%20play.jpg
    totally unrelated image

Yeah I get it, when things were in base game in previous releases and it is not in base game in TS4 - you feel a tad cheated. But TS4 is a different game. When you accept the game on its own merits and stop comparing it to previous released games, you enjoy it more.
    #NuffSaid
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I especially think this about hot tubs and content that came out as the main focus of a pack. I would also like it if they would add updated content to packs for those who bought the pack since doing so supports the game. That would really impress me.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited July 2021

I’m fine with small items added.
    Larger items I don’t feel is fair. Like the free hot tub gift 🤦🏼‍♂️.
    For Sims 4, hot tubs were exclusively in Perfect Patio Stuff and how long has that been out? No designs of tubs in other packs.
    I’ve disabled Perfect Patio and just use the free one now. It’s the same model with an added roof 🤦🏼‍♂️😩.

I wouldn’t like laundry added to base game. To buy something specific then later it’s added free would feel frustrating.
    Cool Kitchen has the ice cream maker but should that be added? Or the popcorn 🍿 maker from Movie Hangout so everyone gets to experience them? Or a rainstorm so those without Seasons get to see some weather? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️.

On the other hand, as someone who hasn’t bought Seasons, the calendar is coming and it looks connected with the new Cottage Living expansion.
    I don’t think there’s going to be option to disable but I’ve managed without a calendar since 2014.

Post edited by ncisGibbs02 on
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am glad that the calendar is going basegame. Then it will hopefully become more useful with more content added to it.

If I have understood it correctly only those who own Seasons can make their own events or holidays. So there are still features from the calendar that will remain exclusive.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I've noticed that this hairstyle is in the base game:

EXWsa2ZUYAAM0Y2.jpg

Is it a bug or is it true?