Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened to gameplay kits?

marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
4 BB
4 CAS
1 GAMEPLAY :/

So much this game could offer with gameplay kits B)
Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Post edited by marcel21 on

Comments

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited November 2021
    Unbalanced KITS :/
    Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Maybe they'll surprise us with 3 gameplay kits next 😄😄😄
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Personally I lost interest in buying gameplay kits due to extreme disappointment with Bust the Dust.

I prefer CAS and B/B items to gameplay. Leave that for the packs and eps.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    My guess is that they predicted that with their limited budget and resources gameplay kits would turn out like bust the dust. So they decided to stick to CAS and BB which doesn't require gameplay designers and not as much QA testing.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I think it's too early to say that gameplay kits are a flop. We have only had one. There are so many directions they could go for. I'm still hopeful we'll see a gameplay kit that turns out to be worth it. But overall I'm just really loooking for new gameplay, in any package size. This year was really bad in terms of gameplay, because even the GP we got didn't have much of it.
  • VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Personally I lost interest in buying gameplay kits due to extreme disappointment with Bust the Dust.

I prefer CAS and B/B items to gameplay. Leave that for the packs and eps.

I just posted that we seriously need a HUGE Build/Buy kit or Stuff pack with lots of new stuff.
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    They are not good at making game play. This is why they are staying away from it ! 🤣
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    4 BB
    4 CAS

I think it’s because Busted Dust was so bugged.

It’s a shame as the idea of household chores is good. I think I would’ve got that kit if it was buying a hoover that triggered the dust. Rather than every house getting dust.
    Also…. Including a broom! 🧹🧹🧹

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited November 2021
    marcel21 wrote: »
    4 BB
    4 CAS

I think it’s because Busted Dust was so bugged.

It’s a shame as the idea of household chores is good. I think I would’ve got that kit if it was buying a hoover that triggered the dust. Rather than every house getting dust.
    Also…. Including a broom! 🧹🧹🧹

Yes, I turned off the dust because I play rotationally and was hoping having a vacuum in your inventory or house would trigger the dust. Some households I want to have a vacuum and dust build up in the house and some households I didn’t want it. Also, I didn’t want to see dust in non residential lots, including rentals. I still hope they will refresh the pack and change it. And a broom would be nice for off the grid.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I really wish there will be more gameplay kits in the future.
    Bust the Dust kit works fine in my game now and I like it. The only problem that I have with it is that my Sims who live in small houses don't have space to use the vacuum. Some of them just cancel the action and some go outside to vacuum. In one save I had to put the living room sofa and coffee table in the inventory every time my Sim had to vacuum.
  • Simber_SimsSimber_Sims Posts: 17 Member
    I wonder if it's just hard to come up with ideas for gameplay kits. Do y'all have any ideas for what they could do with them?

Maybe they could add new small careers or something focused on specific aspirations, though I'm kind of hoping for free updates with more aspirations to be honest.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited November 2021
    I wonder if it's just hard to come up with ideas for gameplay kits. Do y'all have any ideas for what they could do with them?

Maybe they could add new small careers or something focused on specific aspirations, though I'm kind of hoping for free updates with more aspirations to be honest.

The only thing I thought this morning was The Extra Whims Kit. 😳
    23 seems to be the around the number of items per kit, so 23 new whims for your Sims to complete. It’s sort of gameplay.

I don’t know what career would come included in a kit but I think it would be either part time or something freelance.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member

They could easily sell us objects with gameplay. A blender or that kind of stuff. People have been asking for many appliances, but other small stuff exists too. Pocket sized telescope etc.
  • GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    edited November 2021
    beville wrote: »
    They are not good at making game play. This is why they are staying away from it ! 🤣

Unironically... this might be it?

There's a lot less risk involved with adding decorative, nonfunctional, clutter, as it doesn't really mess with the core of the game. I mean, compare it with CC. There's a lot less gameplay mods out there, because A ) it takes longer to make B ) there's a lot more that can go wrong with it C ) it needs constant updates, as patches tend to break them. Meanwhile, some folks out there are releasing multiple hairs, chairs and clothes a month.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I don't think anything really "happened" to them per se. I imagine there is a lot more CAS and BB on the cutting room floor that can be turned into kits than actual gameplay objects and systems. In that respect, gameplay kits require much more investment and will probably be more limited.

As for why we aren't seeing any currently, probably because of the "Season of Self" whatever going on. It seems they partnered with a bunch of designers to throw some CAS kits down with a name attached. Even Blooming Room had that odd sketchy art style for some reason. I really hope they go back to proper renders after this is over, but I digress.

Nothing really precludes any more gameplay kits. They just haven't happened yet, and I am not all that surprised (disappointed, but not surprised). After 7 years of Sims 4, I am sure there was all sorts of scrapped assets they are going back to now that they can get out via kits or the SDX.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited November 2021
    @Simber_Sim I do think things like Sculpture making, poolslide, smoothies machine, pool tables, kids playing hop scouts, jump rope, skateboard, drums set, fryer, slow cooker, Krueger, hot chocolate maker, sewing machine, tractor, baby and toddler stroller, baby changing tables, etc... heck they can even add more dance style too ! Like slow dance, ballroom dance, ballet. All are game play that can add something to the game.
    Post edited by beville on
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    KITs never interested me that much, as I have loads of packs and CC already. There are so much (hardly any CC in CAS though) content, I hardly used more than half of it and have totally lost control with all the swatches added, too. It's not that I feel CAS is lacking, but I guess I spend way less time in there than other simmers.

I'd only look into gameplay Kits, so yup, I'm a tad surprised there were so few of them this far. I thought the whole idea of the kits was to release stand alone ideas/features that were already more or less created but did not make it into the EP or GP it was made for. It would really make sense having such kits, and they could be gold to some of us. Well, I don't depend on them, so this is not a huge concern of mine. :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2021
    They designed Bust the Dust poorly and probably also without testing before releasing it. People complained and that was that we never got another gameplay kit again. I personally wish kits had never been introduced to the Sims 4. They are all we seem to get now, small packs that do nothing for the game outside of CAS/Build&Buy modes.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Am I the Only one who likes Bust the Dust? :open_mouth: I even have one of my Uni students pack a vacuum with him to help keep the Dorm clean. Who, me? A NeatNik? You have got to be kidding.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I think it could be because there is a lot of bugs in the game rn and gameplay adds more to the list. I don't think it means we're never getting another one. I just think maybe after they fix a lot more bugs or they take a bit more time so they will release later than cas/bb kits.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Personally I think kits may be a bit too limited to do gameplay justice, buggy or not. I'd rather they put gameplay in Game Packs. Or even in the occasional Stuff Pack, if they truly haven't stopped making them altogether. Not kits, though. I consider those to be just "big enough" to contain bits and pieces of some specific theme.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Am I the Only one who likes Bust the Dust? :open_mouth: I even have one of my Uni students pack a vacuum with him to help keep the Dorm clean. Who, me? A NeatNik? You have got to be kidding.

Nope I love it. Never understood all the complaining about it. And it's always worked fine for me. Now dust builds too slow since they nerfed it but I just learn to live with it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    It'd be nice to see a gameplay kit, even though I won't bother buying it.
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    edited December 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by PreCiious on