Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather on demand (solved)

EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
Hear, hear, the resident Seasons hater has finally bought the pack (long story).

Now I need a means, cheat or mod, to control the weather. Particularly I'm looking for:

- A method to control the weather on a lot without the weather machine, since it is tedious to drop a max handyness sim in, have them upgrade the thing and in the end that will only increase the chances of success, not guarantee them. When the narrator sais "It was a rainy day in spring", then it would be beyond silly if a character in the story walked up, waved to the audience and used a weather machine ;)

- A method to make it snow in Del Sol Vally. I don't care that it's supposed to be California. Because San Myshuno is too small, DSV serves as my extension to San Myshuno. (Come to think of it, I tested Strangerville and it accepted snow, but didn't check out San Myshuno before posting this. I simply assumed Myshuno would get snow, but I may be wrong).

Every link or explanation much apprecciated!

Solved. I found not one, but three methods. A modded thermostat, UI Cheats expansion and AllCheats (that I have) apparently can to it, too, but the thermostat already did the job, so I didn't test the other two. Happy as a flea rn.
Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    You can also use MCCC, by using the mailbox menu. Seeing as a lot of people already use that mod, I thought I'd mention it.
    I often use it to make the weather nice when taking showcase pictures for my builds.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    Ah, found it, thank you! That timer for the desired weather is very useful.