Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does the game have two things happen at the same time?

I've played the Sims since it's conception and one thing that always seems to happen is you will be planning one thing to do and then a second thing pops up and you want to do that option but not lose the first thing but inevitably you have to make a decision and ditch the first thing. Like a friend knocks on the door and you go to invite them in and then the Squid Game (or they call it something else ingame...the Motive Trials...but it is the same thing) and you want to participate so you go off and leave your friend standing on the porch for a couple of days? LOL....actually I thought the secret battle royale thing was just a joke call so I didn't expect my sim to up and head off screen and be gone all that time. Bravo EA

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    To answer your question, a failure to think these things through, plan them out, and properly test the results. Writing game code is complex and there will always be things you forget or don't think of. Thus the rule, at least when I did stuff for BioWare, of test, test, test, and test some more.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This is not new to TS4. Back in TS2, the 'welcome wagon' three Sims from the nearest houses would come to meet your Sim. But if you had NL installed sometime within the day, a NL townie would call to invite your Sim downtown. You had to choose to go or stay at home. (You had guests, but meeting Mr. Big and or the Count vampire or someone was not easy) so you might run off to go with the downtown Townie.

I can't exactly remember but some opportunities in TS3 would pop up just when I had sent my doctor out to practice medicine on the streets, or at community lots, lol.

I think Maxis just has bad timing.

In TS4, my dishwasher would be in bed (got home very late after work) and get a call in the middle of the night to go somewhere with a random townie. Did they ever tweak those middle of the night invites? I doubt it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    As in they forget to engage brain before putting code into gear. On the positive side, on occasion in TS2 the invite to downtown would come from another villager, with more villagers as part of the group. Great chance to meet 5 more neighbors on the rare occasions it happens.