Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are they ever going to update babies?

2...Next

Comments

• Andrea48Andrea48 Posts: 16 Member
    What they should be doing is since this neighborhood stories is comming nov 30 is since almost anyone can have babies on the game they should he freeing toddlers from the lots so these todds can be seen in the game more often then just being stuck at home...I think it would be funny to see a tired or hungry toddler throwing a fit somewhere and it would be fun to have them have a supper at a restaurant with your sim and to be able to take them to the park etc whats the point of having all these babies if these todds cant even go anywhere 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    We still dont even know if they work on a baby Update. But all of a sudden they share what they do behind closed doors, which they rarely or even never do and its only customization tools, which is cool too, but how long does it really take. I feel like after 7years we should know if we will ever get babys. I thought that after the 2020 Backlash and them addressing that a majority wants improved babys, cars and bunk beds, they would do the follow up on all of these things, but of course the gameplay got the short stick.

So they only started working on babys in 2020 and ignored all of the feedback about babies years upon years, because no one can tell me that they have been working on babies for 7years. I mean if they gonna keep this silence, about if they come or not come, after 10 years of the sims 4 , i might drop out, because that would be ridicouluss.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited November 2021
    bixters wrote: »
    I doubt it. People have been complaining for 7 years, and nothing has been done. I’ve given up.
    They have time to give us things most people don’t want (Journey to Batuu, Scenarios,etc.), but not things we’ve been asking about for years. They keep saying “we hear you”, but nothing happens.
    Maxis/EA have earplugs and won’t listen.

Exactly this I would like Generation Pack that involves all the life stages that so that means that would have to focus on all the life stages instead just catering to YA. Same thing with vehicles, burglars they finally gave us firemen but look how long that took. It's been 7 darn years going into a new year and it's still no vehicles but now their adding stuff that should have been in the base game 7 years ago and copying off of other modders now.

Also imo I think it's a bit of a slap to the face of the simmer making an entire thread of menswear yet we have a kit talking about menswear that look more feminine when the men's clothing are already lacking as it is.
    No offense to the ones who like the kit it's just the case "we do hear you!" Then there's this menswear kit...case and point.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I personally am inclined to believe that "updated babies" will never come. Not true sims-like babies that can be created in CAS.

I do think it might be possible for them to update them to be tied to other objects, like a swing, play mat, changing table, etc.

That would be fine with me. We've never been able to create or edit babies in CAS in any previous version of the Sims. But I do miss several of the baby-related objects and activities that we've had in the past. I no longer really expect TS4 to advance beyond previous versions of the game in most respects, but it would be nice if we could at least end the game without less than previous versions.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    To my best knowledge, we have never heard a word from the developers that changing babies from how they are in game right now is anything they have any plans for. Best guess, probably not, unless they finish everything else that we know they do want to do, and go looking for challenges. Babies are what they are.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    edited December 2021
    Maybe? But not soon, because I haven't seen it in their like laundry list or something.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Maybe? But not soon, because I haven't seen it in their like laundry list or something.

The laundry list, when they bother with it, is not exhaustive. And I thought the Laundry List was mostly bugs. Updated babies, despite some people's insistence, isn't a bug fix.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I would like the ability to rename babies in bassinets and I don't even think MCCC has the option. I need this update for when Sims have babies in households I haven't played. They'll get a random name until I can change it during the toddler stage. In fact, I would love being able to name babies before they're born.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    edited December 2021
    I don't have much hope for a baby update anymore. Well, at least we can now change their clothes with nifty knitting. I seriously thought a baby update was in the works back then. But it's been too long since then to think this could be a hint.

But I have moments where I miss the challenge of raising twins in sims 2 with spoiler baby bottles and dirty diapers to be taken care of.

For sims 4 I hope some day we get the option to easily switch cribs. I prefer the spellcaster and vampire cribs. When I place them on the lot before giving birth the baby ends up in those, no matter the child's occult status. But when I forget or have more babies then anticipated they are stuck in those hideous base game contraptions.
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I would like the ability to rename babies in bassinets and I don't even think MCCC has the option. I need this update for when Sims have babies in households I haven't played. They'll get a random name until I can change it during the toddler stage. In fact, I would love being able to name babies before they're born.

A rename option would be welcome. We can rename several objects as many times as we want, but not babies?
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'm starting to give up hope on more occults too.

They had better have some REALLY good babies for all the time they're taking with them.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    edited December 2021
    Loanet wrote: »

They had better have some REALLY good babies for all the time they're taking with them.

I don't think we've ever received confirmation that they're working on babies. 🤔
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I think they did work on improving babies, I recall a guru at one point stated that free babies was not what they would announce at a certain patch event, due to speculations, and I think that was about the time they did work on it - as if it was still in the works but not yet ready. So, if they decide to ditch it, I expect them to announce that we will not get free babies. Untill then, I keep expecting them ;)

If that's the case then they are also working on cars since everytime people speculate about cars they always say "not this time"

I do think they are working on cars…… I believe there were several hints in that with cottage living, I believe someone mentioned, that Bagley street was where Fords cars were first made.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

I don't think we've ever received confirmation that they're working on babies. 🤔
    They never really confirm anything till it's ready or something they must apologize for and will fix for the Twitter crowd. The best we will hear about babies and cars is when SimGuru Lyndsay said "In just a matter of weeks we’ll be sharing more about our next Expansion Pack, which we’ve been working on since last year. I want to set expectations now, though, that cars, babies, farms and bunk beds are not part of this EP. We understand how important these features are to you but we want to be honest that they are not part of this upcoming pack." we did end up getting both farms and bunk beds but both were not confirmed at that time even though they were obviously being worked on as they came out months later now cars and babies would take much longer then bunk beds and farms. In my opinion to even mention these specific features knowing the community outrage of not having them means something.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • skshdn12skshdn12 Posts: 17 Member
    Hopefully they will
    But we have patches
    Hopefully the better the game will be
    funny
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Looks like someone's trying to level up. 😄
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Looks like someone's trying to level up. 😄

Like babies should!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Babies are currently objects, you can't just add a few interactions like with upgrading a toilet. And your Sims would be GIVING BIRTH to that new lifestate rather than giving birth to an object, so they'd need changing too.

It's like with toddlers. They're pretty much creating a new lifestate, and that lifestate will be basegame and need updates and new things to do and occasionally new clothes.

All for free. And we all know how EA is about free things.

And then they'd probably need to make a few packs for them, like with Parenthood and Kid's Room coming out right after Toddlers.

So, gotta remember that it does take TIME. Although it is also one of the things that should have been done much sooner.

We’re 7/8 years down the line and you’re still trying to use that excuse. Like no. One thing does not take 7 years to make.

No, I don’t think they’ll update babies. Not now. Most of us have already moved on, you only have the pro TS4 players playing now, and most of them have only ever played 4, they don’t really know the standards and expectations those of us that have been here since day one hold to this company.

Besides. Other people are starting to wade into the life sim genre and some of them are actually listening to what players want. I know where I’d rather spend my money.

—T
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Babies are currently objects, you can't just add a few interactions like with upgrading a toilet. And your Sims would be GIVING BIRTH to that new lifestate rather than giving birth to an object, so they'd need changing too.

It's like with toddlers. They're pretty much creating a new lifestate, and that lifestate will be basegame and need updates and new things to do and occasionally new clothes.

And then they'd probably need to make a few packs for them, like with Parenthood and Kid's Room coming out right after Toddlers.

So, gotta remember that it does take TIME. Although it is also one of the things that should have been done much sooner.

We’re 7/8 years down the line and you’re still trying to use that excuse. Like no. One thing does not take 7 years to make.

No, I don’t think they’ll update babies. Not now. Most of us have already moved on, you only have the pro TS4 players playing now, and most of them have only ever played 4, they don’t really know the standards and expectations those of us that have been here since day one hold to this company.

Besides. Other people are starting to wade into the life sim genre and some of them are actually listening to what players want. I know where I’d rather spend my money.

—T
    I mean not really. But yes currently I have no working computer. Then again I have always been the type to enjoy breaking the game. I have just been doing feedback more directly now and trying my best to figure out who works on what which helps. It was pretty cool running into the Guru that worked on ladders on Island Living to talk about wanting bunk beds. True sometimes it feels like I am literally talking to a wall. But then again I am only a millennial that has been playing with Sims pre Sims 1 with SimCity. I actually find pro Sims 4 Simmers have dwindled a lot and it has gotten easier to talk about features and gameplay with other Simmers than when I first joined forums 7 years ago as a pro Sims 4 player. I am very happy being in the middle of either extreme. Found a lot more Simmers are happier in the middle too. But it is funny to see more pack types haven’t brought more happiness towards the franchise but caused many Sims 4 pro players not only not be able to afford being a collector anymore but also not being able to run the game on their archaic machines too. I think if it wasn’t for console version coming out most Simmers would have been forced to discontinue playing like they had similar not meeting recommended specs with the Sims 3 too. Think it was mentioned it is up to at least 48 GB to run the Sims 4 now which is small compared to the multiple TBs it is going to take to run servers alone with a MMO Sims 5. I have a feeling when Sims 5 comes out and pack prices drop people will go back to playing Sims 1-4 anyways just to have that single player not having EA servers crash all the time like Apex experience. People of Newberry did end up being just another scam like Project Vie. So really hoping Paralives isn’t so not investing in it until it releases on Steam officially. Until my replacement computer comes ACNH is still addicting as ever. Concerned Ape is making a new game too.

“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Andrea48Andrea48 Posts: 16 Member
    Id rather they did something to upgrade these toddlers like give them toddler stuff to play with...a toddler kitchen or a drawing/arts and crafts table or some PLAYDOUGH or a toy car set or a push car or some paints or a stroller or so they could come out for walks with moms and dads or a cuddly bear or toy...the sims team is so busy giving us useless kits that they dont even bother to try and add stuff to these packs...just sad after 7 years they havent done anything with babies and toddlers but have no problem shoving clothing kits down our throats...make a toddler and baby kit...that is what we want and thats what weve been asking for
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited December 2021
    To7m wrote: »

—T

Yeah. They had time to develop a working system, in fact. They kinda did... They could have kept working on the system from Cats & Dogs which allows sims to pick up smaller living objects which can also move on their own and carry them, applied them to babies and see how it would have worked, but they chose not to.

And it doesn't feel like they have added much development when it comes to that, the closest we have had was probably Cottage Living and the smaller animals but I did not really get the feeling that they were that much different.

They seem to be developing for this game with the intention that it's going to work and help them make more content for a longer while so if they had the intention to make moving babies then I think we would have seen some indication to that in previous packs. But I don't think we have except Nifty Knitting. That was like the first update to babies since forever.

So yeah...I don't know, I'm still hoping for cars at some point but the worlds that they make are very closed off so I'm not sure if that will ever happen. Just like with moving babies it doesn't feel like we are headed in that direction you know?
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited December 2021
    After reading all the comments, I think we will still see babies updated, posibly before some kind of generations pack, children still don’t have bikes, and they can make a ton off of packs for updated babies, toddlers, children and teens ( and I hope elders ). I think they had a pretty good hint to cars in cottage living. And, I think we will also get werewolves and a romance pack and possibly bands. I am one that had an antiquated lap too myself till 2017 or 2918, but then updated. I expect I will update again pretty soon after sims 5 appears as well, if they show that it will not be taking a step backwards. I’m also hoping they will work out the serous bugs Sims 4 has like the the plants reverting to dirt.