March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine Out - Pack Refresh Ideas by Community

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited September 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I would like to discuss some ideas for a Dine Out pack refresh!

Restaurants on residential lots
We can‘t play a story where the restaurant is on the ground floor and your Sim is living above it.
In Sims 2 it has been possible to open up a store/ restaurant on your home lot. Sims could live at a lot while simultaneously have it be a restaurant. This feature would be a huge game changer.

Play as the chef, family-run restaurants
People were disappointed that you can‘t play the chef in Dine Out. You‘re basically the restaurant manager, but can‘t play the chef and cook food at your own restaurant. Also you should be able to employ Sims from your own household to make it a family-run business. Right now you can only employ NPCs outside of household.

BIGGER aquariums
Dine Out introduced aquariums. I would like to see a big aquarium returning in a Dine Out refresh. Even Sims FreePlay has a giant aquarium. You should be able to put your own fish inside, like the other aquariums.
MTS_simsi45-1841776-AquaboxThumbnail.jpg

Nectar making (Wine making)
Sims should be able to make the wine that is served at the restaurant. In most previous Sims games you could press your own wine. This has been a popular request to be brought back into the game and Dine Out would be a perfect fit since it already has wine/nectar, but no wine pressing from harvestables.
300px-NectarSquishingFruit.jpg

What are your ideas for a Dine Out refresh? List your ideas below!
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited September 2021
    absolutely play as chef.
    its so dumb that the person who owns the restaurant can't run it by themself doing all the jobs so i really never manage restaurants i just visit them

also i would like to set customer limits not by amount of seats

but by whatever i freaking want

because places get overcrowded so easily and my sims romantic dates are no longer romantic i just want to make a quiet vibey place please

also i would like if my sims could apply for job in restaurants without having to own them too! like if restaurant exists why can't my sims work in it

and id like if i didn't need to put down the specific chef station and waiter station and such to be able to have restaurant but thats probably too much so maybe just versions of those to better suit old antiqued builds

and id like if i could have casual fastfood places without fancy host station too <:D

I would also absolutely love sushi belt though idk how complicated that be but just for neon east vibes

I would like to have new lot types so i can put multiple lot types on same lot (like if for example i wanted restaurant and nightclub thats a choice... or if later we have hotels then it'd come handy for that too... or yes absolutely restaurant+residential)

aaand id like to be able to run a bar. only a bar. with no restaurant side. that be neat.

oh and maybe we could have some 50s diner vibes with couple new objects?

that would be stunning
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Also the cooking pot that we got from snowy escape also high chairs for toddlers or maybe a bossier seat.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I like those ideas, and with new aspirations given in spa day it gives me hope that there could be a owning a restaurant based aspiration as well. Honestly, I usually never end up exploring any aspect of the game if there's not an aspiration attached to it, so I've literally never even tried to own a restaurant, especially since, as you pointed out, you can't own a restaurant and be the chef there, so it's not even really good for the master chef aspiration, where you need to join the culinary career. Owning your own restaurant on the side could be feasible and help with completing that one, but again, only if you can actually be the chef lol.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I would love a Sims 4 parody of McDonald's, KFC, A & W, DQ, Tim Hortons, Boston Pizza, Swiss Chalet, Robins, Steak House, etc, etc.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    More aquariums and a BG update for care aquariums like in the past game like "feed" or "clean", but now with options for upgrade like thermostat, filter or automatic feeder. For bigger aquariums, it will be not necessary.

New appliances can include the pizza oven and the deep fryer from TS3 Store. I don't think that the nectar making will be released as part of this refresh, but I think it can be included with another refresh like Jungle Adventure.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    They need to add a sushi station and make the kotastsu table and hot pot dishes available for restaurants.
  • SoftballChick_88SoftballChick_88 Posts: 13 New Member
    I would like more of a restaurant variety like fast food, culture inspired I e. Vietnamese, Southern, food trucks
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    They need to add a sushi station and make the kotastsu table and hot pot dishes available for restaurants.

Yes definitely! Good ideas
    a256aFi.gif
  • BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member
    I love your ideas.

I would like to add...

Stir Fry station, where Sims can sit around and watch the stir fry chef entertain them, while they are preparing their food in front of them. Same with a Susi Bar.

All you can eat buffet tables and bars.

Deli style restaurants, cafes and fast food businesses.

I would like to hire my own family, friends or Sims, that I have made.

Food health inspectors and critics. Things like earning Yelp reviews. But, should have the option to enable/disable.

The ability to display and sell pies or baked goods at your own restaurants.
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    A lot of bug fixed and alot more menu. Pizza Oven! Fryer! Let me play as chef! let waiter as past time job option! Please let us open restaurant at our house lot!
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I would like more of a restaurant variety like fast food, culture inspired I e. Vietnamese, Southern, food trucks

Love the idea of the food trucks! I'd love to be able to place one at your home or in inventory, then travel to other worlds and bring your truck and set up shop. Id also love to see more foods added.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
    The ability to take toddlers to restaurants would be good and opening and closing times.
    Simzilla_7 wrote: »
    The ability to take toddlers to restaurants would be good and opening and closing times.

Great ideas!
    a256aFi.gif
  • EllGeorgianaEllGeorgiana Posts: 13 New Member
    I would really like to see more detailed restaurant types added into the game, whilst we have a few options they don’t really effect gameplay or have any consequences for example if I want to run a really run down diner it’s fairly easy to progress to a 5 star restaurant. It would be nice for there to be more options for example having the dine out experience in a Cafe/Bakery where your sims can dine in etc, whilst I appreciate we have other packs that have these lot types they don’t offer the same interactions. Also having the ability to live and run within the restaurant as mentioned I would love for my Sims to have the choice if they want to be culinary or business based in the running of the restaurants which would be great for different types of gameplay for example a couple running a restaurant or a family.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    I'd like to see something that is a bit of a refresh for a couple of related packs / EPs here.

More mixed venues.

I'd like to be able to place a restaurant, retail, cafe, lounge, movie theater, bowling alley, and whatever the Eco things that lets traders sell goods - all in the same lot and have things like clubs and dining out events be able to recognize all of the various elements when selecting where to go for an event.

Right now I can place them all - but clubs will only pick the spot if it's the right one of them for a lot type, likewise dates and other events. And retail and the 'eco EP' traders simply can't be on the same lot at all.

So that's my "refresh idea" - and it hits all of these.

I just want all this stuff to 'work together more' for those of us that have bought more of if not all of it.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member

To expand on this. They could do an entire pack on ways to use food trucks. But at a bare minimum any event that offers to have you go to some restaurant should also let you pick a 'food truck'. If not any food truck, at least one in the same world map.
    - which might then require some tailoring of how the event played out, but going to those should be an option for things like dates or small club groups or whatever.

Oh and... ALL of the food stands that are 'off lot' in the areas we can't edit should have stools added to the 2 seating spots such food stands / trucks have.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited November 2021
    I would like to add :
    • Set the table (GP05 Parenthood)
    • Free entertainment (NPC musician, comedian, DJ)
    • Teppanyaki Grill (Japanese restaurant)

Thumbnail_688x336.jpg
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    Fast foods, food trucks (like @StrawberryYogurt said, one you can place in inventory and then set up anywhere).

More cuisines, ability to manage and have family as "workers" – do a family ran business.

Franchising options – start with one restaurant and grow as the popularity goes up.

I don't own the Dine Out pack because of the bugs people are reporting and it just not having enough. I would totally buy it if they do a refresh.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,051 Member
    I would like to add :
    • Set the table (GP05 Parenthood)
    • Free entertainment (NPC musician, comedian, DJ)
    • Teppanyaki Grill (Japanese restaurant)

Thumbnail_688x336.jpg

I'd like a sushi counter too because most of those Japanese teppanyaki places have them plus if you want to make it just a sushi bar you could
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    Like all businesses, I want the restaurants to be able to be in charge of yourself, not needing many employees to have to pay wages. Your skills will be in charge of you succeeding.

Loved the reply someone put up here, chefs (And yourself) can be able to cook on a big cooktop and the Sims will do tricks, depending on cooking skills and others will react to the tricks they do!
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
    I really want a huge 1-story aquarium like in Sims 2.
    MTS_simsi45-1841776-AquaboxThumbnail.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • chocolatefrostingchocolatefrosting Posts: 67 Member
    What they need to do is fix the bugs. I always have problems with this pack, especially the chefs. They'll stand outside the restaurant and wont cook. Patrons will leave before they've finished, or will get frustrated and give low ratings over things that are caused by glitches.