Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    I've been reduced to writing a script for my gameplay to get the final few episodes of 30 Grandchildren done. Up to Episode 39 I've been keeping plans in my head and trying to remember what I wanted to happen and then changing my mind as things went along. This was because I didn't want to waste the time writing down lists of what I planned to have happen. Now it suddenly seems easier to write it down as dot points. I can still do diversions for minor actors as the game goes along but the main characters stick to the main script and it is so far being much less stressful.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-125.jpg
    Rachel: I missed you more..
    Heath(on phone): I missed you more.
    Rachel: No, I missed you more.
    Heath: No, I missed you more
    Rachel: Okay, you missed me more.
    William: Rachel, enough, god that's annoying.

Screenshot-126.jpg
    Rachel: Darn, my cellphone died.Anyone have a charger?
    All: No.

Screenshot-127.jpg
    Denise: Who is she talking to?
    William: Heath...some guy from downtown...he's so annoying.
    Denise: Why is he annoying? Maybe he likes her.
    William: Exactly...I can't stand him.
    Denise: Because he likes her? That makes no sense at all.
    So its not possible for someone to like her?
    William: I'm not saying that...oh just forget it.

Screenshot-131.jpg
    Heath; Great dancing skills you got!
    Rachel: Everyone else says I look like a fool.
    Heath: I don't think so! You got moves.

Screenshot-130.jpg
    Denise: Have you seen Rachel, her mom sent her a package.
    William: She's out with Heath, where else?
    Denise: Aww, Rachel's got a boyfriend.
    William: :|

Screenshot-136.jpg
    Rachel: Guess what?! I got exciting news.
    William: Oh good lord, I hope he didn't pop the question.
    Rachel: I'm not that lucky...I just dropped out of school
    Denise & William: You did what?
    Rachel: Heath's hiring me as a salesperson, I won't have time
    for school.
    William: We did not bring you out here to be a salesperson.
    You'll go back to that school and reneroll.
    Rachel: I will not, this is an opportunity for me.

Screenshot-138.jpg
    William: She wants to act like a child, I'll treat her like a child...
    I'm calling her mother.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    @MamaSimTee Oh my! :open_mouth: I'm so glad you're okay! :kissing_heart:

Always nice to see you pop in. <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,955 Member
    Laura, Natalie and Katherine don't have CC. Well, Natalie's hair is from the Store but that doesn't really count as CC.

After selling the Large Spire Cut Tiberium (I had one small spire cut and two pieces of gem dust) the household has a fair amount of money that I'm not too sure what to do with. Maybe I'll build a resort and have them buy it, or build a few bars/lounges and buy those. I could redo their house, but that never takes much money.
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    @MamaSimTee Oh my! :open_mouth: I'm so glad you're okay! :kissing_heart:

Always nice to see you pop in. <3

Thanks. <3
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
    The first screenshot in my Sims 3 album was taken on 23rd November 2013, so eight years ago! Wow, that feels like ages. I was in my first term at university then. This was a family of fairies who lived in Sunset Valley. I don't remember what the mother or father were called. They had six children; one singleton, a set of triplets then a set of twins. I remember the oldest four were called Scarlet, Fleur, Meredith and Claudia (which is my IRL name, the only time I've ever given a Sim my name. She wasn't my Simself though. I'm not pale blonde!) but I don't remember what the twins were called. They were originally based in the "El" Urban Sprawl lot which I often used, then I moved them to one of the houses nearer the beach, I believe it was the lot called "Unabridged".
    This is Scarlet talking to one of the triplets, I don't know which one. The mum was pregnant with the twins at the time. I don't know what the parents did for a living, but they did all play instruments.
    Some of this info I remember (the kids' names) but a lot of it is memory-jogging through looking at the screenshots.

Xas5Cza.jpg

Going through screenshots can be a surprisingly good memory jogger. There was the family in Bridgeport who had children all named after gems. Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Opal, Pearl, Jade and Emerald. Diamond, Opal and Pearl were triplets and Jade and Emerald were twins. Yes, some things never change, namely my love of large families, multiples, and all-girl families. I mainly have all girls because there are more girl names I like than boy ones.
  • xxboahancockxxboahancock Posts: 21 Member
    Guys, I've been wanting to play TS3 again, but there's no way I can get a hold of my previous game (last played 8 years ago). Origin/EA doesn't sell it anymore. How I wish I could get a new one.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    edited November 2021
    Guys, I've been wanting to play TS3 again, but there's no way I can get a hold of my previous game (last played 8 years ago). Origin/EA doesn't sell it anymore. How I wish I could get a new one.

@xxboahancock, I'm still seeing The Sims 3 still being sold by EA through the Origin client. You can also buy it through Steam as well. But if you brought the physical copies back in the day and had them registered with EA, then you should be able to do a digital download of the game as well providing that you remember your log-in info and email associated with your account.

I'm thinking the reason why you're not seeing Sims 3 on there is that you have to either click on The Sims tab when you have your mouse pointer over the "Browse Game" or look in the Stimulation catalog and scroll pass all of the TS4 games as they will be the first games that pop up.

Here is a screenshot of my Origin client still showing that the games are still on there. I have every expansion pack and just about every Stuff Pack with the except of The Diesel Stuff as well as Sweet Treat which was a limited run Stuff pack which I wasn't interested in.
    JfbCZqPl.jpg

Hope this helps... :)
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,142 Member
    Date:September, 1992.

nGBEvY2.jpg
    Firefighter to the rescue by horse? Why not! Leonora Bråheim was already riding Berit when the alarm went off.

zAHL7Fx.jpg
    Arnfinn Bråheim had his 6th birthday, and is now a child.

dUTUZq4.jpg
    His parents might buy him a new pair of shoes.

Badly drawn map in spoiler:
    iORxpNL.png
    Dole Plains (Dølasletta) is located in the mountains right in the centre of the country, in between the towns of Bewickton and Sprottenham...
    Døla or Dølahest (Dole horse) is a Norwegian horse breed.

The other towns/cities marked with red/orange also have names, but I removed them from this map to make it look a little tidier.
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Thread has been really slow! I hope after the holidays it picks back up.
  • GguyGguy Posts: 254 Member
    I'm taking a tiny break from the game. Gonna get back once I feel refreshed.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Change of plans here too. Won't be playing or writing what I had already taken until I can actually hear fully out of one ear again. Sure was painful mentally trying to play the Sims with 20% of sound on one side. Shouldn't be actual damage... Hopefully, probably.

But until then. Whoops is all I can say.
    BYFMOQD.jpeg
    L9q8VGi.png
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Taking a break at the moment as I have been playing Pokemon Brilliant Diamond.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
    I bought most of the packs as physical copies, and didn’t get Origin till later because it was needed to get Sims 4 and the packs. So Origin says I’ve played Sims 3 for just over 1000 hours or so, when I’ve played for far more than that because I didn’t play via Origin for years. I got Into the Future via Origin.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Made this yesterday along with a bunch of other spongebob stuff this bikini took a long time but turned out so good

And on this day suddenly lemonade begin to sell out 🤔

jYUAtko.png
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    @meerkattime Here is another pic

Perfect for relaxing by the ocean

G5O6plX.png

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited November 2021
    Awesomed everybody on this page all caught up o:)

Last post because tried to give thread an activity boost

Based this off a real life hat and outfit I seen *My simmy model is wearing a sims 3 expansion hoodie and the hat is base game*

zcdLhie.png

Forgot how hard the CAP is on base game hats its been a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng time I already know you cannot center an image in the center but forgot you have to rotate image my first time :s this pic was 2d attempt turned out perfect

@MamaSimTee Am so mad I preordered the day of the dead Harley Quinn Funko Pop a long time ago only just yesterday got a mail saying they canceled my order and it was sold out.

I literally ordered that before the entire planet had a chance to snag it.Very upset right now

Here it is in case u never seen it

jTzFw0v.jpg

DfydFiZ.gif
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @CravenLestat That's super cute :smiley: . Awesome job with the pattern! :star:
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    edited November 2021
    I thought I'd post a tiny update on my game. I thought I'd got a heap of screenshots but there seems to be only one.

I've been struggling with the overstuffed household in The Great Southern Land. In the end I had a wedding for Joni and Jack.

Joni-And-Jack.jpg

So many of the Imaginary Friends made Real were wishing to grow forbidden fruit. I usually just delete that wish but decided to let them do it this time and paid the price for an even less stable game.

When it was time to send Joni and Jack back to Cake Island I'd decided to send a few others with them.

Some of them had big wishes that I didn't want to lose so I sent a few more than I had intended. In the end that idea was wasted as they lost their wishes at some point anyway. Some of the wishes have happened again. But not the most lucrative sadly.

The travel party to return to Cake Island II included:

Joni and Jack; Rachael; Clara; Kendall and Karen; Bruce; Lucy and Lucinda; Klaus; Cameron and Jacob.

The lag was terrible as the home lot already had Gerri living there. The house in The Great Southern Land now has only one couple in it, Chris and Constance.

So, before moving sims into the main Cake Island house I placed Joni and Jack into their own new home. I decided to add a house I built and have in my library. It is a generic family home I built a few years ago. Not very stylish and doesn't really fit into Cake Island II but it has room for them and their future children.

I have the game running so can grab a few extra screen shots.

This is Joni and Jack's new home. I could give it a makeover but right now I just want to get this challenge over. The house is away from other houses. I might spruce it up a bit later on.
    Joni-And-Jack-Live-Here.jpg

Joni-And-Jack-Live-Here001.jpg

After placing Joni and Jack into their home I recorded some video of it and showed off the interior. Added buy de bug lights so you can actually see what I was recording on the video. It was very dark.

Then I moved the rest of the travellers in with Gerri.

The game lagged terribly but I found I could save at least twice before getting Error 12 problems.

I moved Rachael out as she was ready to go it alone and I wanted to try to reduce the number of Sims in the main house. Her new house had already been given upgraded furniture as it has been assigned to a few sims in the past and they've moved out. Rachael seems to still live there. It has 2 bedrooms and one is set up as a nursery. She was playing with the computer when I moved her in there.
    Rachels-House-Sweet-Cherry-Pie.jpg
    This house came with Cake Island II and is called 'Sweet Cherry Pie'.

Next to go out into the big wide world was Cameron and his plant sim baby son, Jacob. He went into one of the little cupcake houses that had been set up for some other sim who had moved out. It has 3 bedrooms and one was set up as a nursery so Jacob will be comfortable hopefully.
    Cameron-And-Jacob-Cupcake-House.jpg

The house is pink - and pink inside too. Hopefully Cameron likes pink. I didn't check.

I'm a little concerned as so many of the houses are empty now. I'm hoping the game hasn't moved their occupants out of the world.

I noticed Gerri has a additional granddaughter and grandson now. But they won't count towards the 30 grandchildren. That count will start soon.

I had been planning to have Kendall and Karen be the final couple to get married. But I've changed my mind. They are on a date at the moment. I think I'll get them married and moved out before returning to The Great Southern Land to finally get Constance married to Chris.

There are currently eight sims in the main Cake Island household and the game is running so smoothly. It is foreign to me to have such a beautifully running game. And it saves without a problem too. I'm about to fix that though as Bruce planted his forbidden fruit a sim day ago and then Lucy planted another one. Lucy already has a plant sim daughter but she wished for more so I decided to just do it. I fully expect the lag to return with a vengeance when the two plant sims are picked - if they both turn out to be babies.

Bruce and Klaus and, I think Lucy, are reading books. Klaus has completed his fishing skill and is working on gardening. He'll have a heap of books to read soon. I think I'll end up with just Klaus and Gerri in this house for the births of the grandchildren. I don't want to have Gerri on her own as that'll be way too boring. She still needs to get her lifetime wish too. She only needs to grow one or two extra perfect plants in her garden. Problem is I don't know which ones have already been grown. I did look at her skill journal but it only shows 3 she has grown herself. So I suspect she'll be madly gardening while those grandchildren are arriving.

I probably have enough recorded to start work on the next video. I have another video to work on for my other channel first though. So I'll put this on hold for a few days now.

Happy Simming all.

• xxboahancockxxboahancock Posts: 21 Member
    @lisasc360 hey thank you very much, I'll try this out!
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Been very busy still with Black Friday, but things should calm down some soon. I’m still around though, and plan on more Langerak family updates soon.
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited November 2021
    Chapter 14.10 - Bewickton May 2022 – Sleep, what is sleep?

EeAScGz.jpg
    Things are stressful in the Chitrakaar-Skurchk household with the two youngest ones constantly needing their care. Both Udisha and Dudleif are pretty worn out, but they are doing their best.

cr3XJKX.jpg
    Udisha still finds a little time to make some sketches.
    Udisha: This blank wall is really inspiring...

CI8nOdk.jpg
    At the fire station Sofia Karlsen was seen checking the fire alarm, before she walked downstairs to talk to Bhavan, the brother of her fiancé.

47EgAJp.jpg
    Or flirt with him, rather.. but Bhavan is of course not interested.. Sofia already has plans to marry his brother, Palash, and Bhavan already has a girlfriend in Beate Curious..

8IC1SzQ.jpg
    She takes the hint and goes back to maintain the fire alarm.

EGtPsUr.jpg
    Udisha wants to potty train Ole Christian, the only essential skill he has left to learn now.

riuqdUD.jpg
    Palash is spending his day at home, moving from chair to chair, testing out his furniture...

OZ8i4GA.jpg
    Nishit wants to go to the spring festival to get some fresh air.. its to smelly at home. Mom and dad are a bit to lacking in energy to keep everything clean and tidy..

qkK6YIk.jpg
    Bhavan just invited his sister to a Spring party, so she picks up Dudleifs car to head over there.

KCWlzlZ.jpg
    At the park Nishit goes around looking for easter eggs, but doesn't find any.

10th image marks the "spoiler point". 11 more images inside.
    eNVsvaO.jpg
    Palash was also invited to the party, and picks up Bhavans guitar to do some entertainment. Zlem Stabell-Skurckh points at laughs at him. "This is not a slumber party, get dressed, ya goon!"

BTevSnY.jpg
    Udisha misses her job, and didn't really want to party. "I have to prepare some more business plans to present to the office when I get back". Udisha leaves shortly after finishing her planning to go home and get some sleep..

OkFsKEl.jpg
    Nishit goes to dance, but unlike the dance floor in Sunset Valley, this isn't excactly packed, so he gets it all to himself.. where is everybody at?

ButwL21.jpg
    Well, this seems to be the dancing spot, by the toilets. Left to right: Penny Pincher-Peddler, Celina Pincher-Peddler and Asbjørn Gjerdrum. Stupid sims, you're at the wrong spot, this isn't the dance floor. :P

t9FRrk8.jpg
    Penny: We're not stupid! This is the perfect spot, right inbetween the food stalls and the toilets! Its the dance floor that's on the wrong spot!

Alright, ok, then... well, it sort of makes sense..

Ur4kHJP.jpg
    As the sun begins to set, Nishit walks over to play horseshoe with Andre Sjanto.

oNEKRoq.jpg
    They're having so much fun with it, they keep playing until long after dark. Nishits grandmother Laranya runs by, heading home from hanging out at the theatre, and throws a remark that he should probably be heading home by now, or he might get transported home by a police car. Nishit isn't worried about this, he gets to ride a police car all the time. He thinks Laranya probably meant that his father would come pick him up later, so he just keeps on playing...
    But Dudleif isn't coming to pick him up. Nishits parents are busy with Ole Christian and Madhunisha and desperate for sleep..

JHdPZIt.jpg
    I get a notification that Sam Mæle, the bassist of the band "The Bushweeds" increased his skill in guitar playing to level three, so I check where he is, hoping to find him practicing with his band. He is at home in "The Party Kids" household, but he is being a different kind of player, flirting with both Isabell Kolstø (works in the military, not a band member) and Merete Sagmo, the keyboard player.

o331lZt.jpg
    "I can't help it" he says "I love women, and they're everywhere!"
    A bass player that loves women, well that's a new one.... eh? (No, it's not. ;) )

Anyway... just watch it so you're not creating any drama. ;)

a5CwxG4.jpg
    Nishit manages to stay out playing almost until morning, long after Andre went home, and walks up to his father to ask him for a bedtime story.

TMAHI3s.jpg
    There isn't much of a structure to the sleep schedual in this house, as it is controlled by the two youngest ones, so I can't really say goodnight here. It is already the next morning, and the sun will soon rise for another day...
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving to those of you in the USA, have a nice day.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Hmm.

I've imported a number of my sims from TS4.

Grant and Augustine Woodrowe. They are vampires and unable to have children due to a witchdoctors curse back when they first became vampires, 4,000 years ago in Assyria. The two of them are only alive because of their intense love for each other.

Ashley Valtman and i've created Nadine Valtman. Nadine is halfway losing-her-mind and the elderly mother of Ashley who dislikes some aspects of her daughter, especially in the way she dresses. Ashley is every nerds dream, she dresses in that Japanese style as a teenage school girl but she is sensible about herself, often a brilliant mind allied with great looks, she loves her computer gaming and dreams of love and romance but she wants to find the right man for her. Her geekiness and intelligence might drive a regular guy away though.

Jill Markowitz. Jill grew up on the streets and spent all her time looking out for herself. She was born to a Chinese mother and a first generation American father who died when she was young. Jill grew up stealing things and keeping everyone out, she has no interest in romance/marriage, hanging around anyone and hates children especially. She wants to become a master-thief with no doubt.

Sandra Matthews. A reclusive soul with no interest in romance or marriage or a job. All she wants is a nice big place and a life to the way she wants it without having it dictated to for her by others. Her primary drives are into creative pursuits in the hopes of making her fortune from this. Later on she wants children to assure the Matthews family name remains alive. All Sandra wants is what she wants.

New sims i'm thinking of adding to TS4 that i've made in TS3.

Maura Angelo. Maura is a distant relative to Charlene Angelo (4th cousins), but unlike Charlene who is a world known star and one of the most complete individuals in Del Sol Valley, Maura is extremely reclusive, very shy and just wants to live her own life without distractions, that stated, Maura is considered by a lot of the local sims as very attractive and physically appealing. Privately she is a half way decent writer of books and prefers any activity that challenges her mentally.

Alex Miles. Alex is attractive, physically and mentally fit and she can't get enough of physical activities, but Alex is also a social butterfly. She is a squared away individual and never leaves a mess behind in her wake. Local singletons consider Alex to be one of the most desirable sims around but Alex is keeping her options open as to her future soulmate and what job works for her, but it wouldn't matter if it were a job in the military or in sports, she's down for it. Alex is not afraid of hard work and getting her hands dirty in the process.

Tricia LeRoyce and Anna Sullivan. Tricia is Deshawn's ex-wife and she keeps his surname, Tricia also has a daughter in Tawnia but she knows nothing of what her child is doing as Deshawn has full parental rights. Tricia left all that behind to find comfort in her best friend, Anna. Both Anna and Tricia grew up together and there is a connection to each other beyond just friendship.. and it wouldn't take much to send the both of them into each others arms. Meanwhile both young women are involved in their own rock band; The Stingers.

i'm thinking of making more sims and i need to make sure they are male sims as well. i'm hoping to get one in as a police officer first and then a private investigator later in his career, meanwhile i have a sim from tS4 i could import, Richard Dennis, he can work his way up the actors career right to the top. I guess i'll find out what i can do from there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top