Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Windows 11 and Sims 4

Has anyone installed windows 11 yet and does Sims4 run on it ?. I'm downloading it now and am just wondering if my game will be ok.

Comments

• Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Nh6650 wrote: »
    Has anyone installed windows 11 yet and does Sims4 run on it ?. I'm downloading it now and am just wondering if my game will be ok.

Just a curious question, but why wouldn’t it run? An update doesn’t change your computers specs afaik.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I just don't like they removed the select move button from the toolbar. It came in handy when moving CC around. You shouldn't have a problem running sims.
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member

Just a curious question, but why wouldn’t it run? An update doesn’t change your computers specs afaik.

I don't know!. It just came to my mind and I actually paused the download to wait for answers. I did a search to see if people had problems with running the game and a few said they had. Obviously I don't know if they had mods installed etc but I got worried.
    But hopefully it will be fine as my laptop specs are more than adequate to run the game. Thanks.
  • Options
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I just don't like they removed the select move button from the toolbar. It came in handy when moving CC around. You shouldn't have a problem running sims.

Thanks.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I upgraded a couple weeks ago, and my game is running fine.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    ldmarko wrote: »
    I upgraded a couple weeks ago, and my game is running fine.

Ok. That's good to know. Thanks
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    My game runs good too, and while I may not like some of the features in W11 my Sims work well with it.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I am waiting for Window 11 to be able to be installed on a i7 processor.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member

Of course, updates don't change hardware specifications, but they can affect driver and software compatibility.

One of the reasons I've held off for now, is due to CPU performance issues if you have a Ryzen chip, which is what I have. I believe it's been fixed now, but I was also there when Windows 10 first launched, it was a mess and I didn't have a good time lol. I'm gonna stick with 10 for a little while, just so that they can iron out as many issues as possible, then I'll update.

As far as I'm aware, Windows 11 is built upon the same foundation as Windows 10, so most things should run just fine.

Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    LyssandriLyssandri Posts: 33 Member

No, it doesn't change the computer specs, but changes to an operating system can create conflicts - much like how when the game is patched, some mods won't run properly because something in the coding of the game changed how it interacts with the mod. Same with an OS - sometimes the OS coding will interact poorly with a game's coding and they just won't work together.

Luckily, so far in my experience with Sims 4 and Win11, they're working together just fine, unless Win11 is what's causing the icons for my control menu bar (where you enter build mode, go to manage worlds, open the gallery, change which level of the building you're in you're looking at and so on.) The last two times we've gotten a patch, the icons have changed, First, only the gallery icon changed, but now they're pretty much all screwed up and it's hard to tell which function is where sometimes. Has anyone else encountered this? Could that be Win11 or is it something people who are still on Win10 are encountering? Or is this just something weird that's specific to me?

• Options
    LesleyALesleyA Posts: 30 Member
    Mine has been on Windows 11 for about a month now and other than screen snip not working everything has pretty much continued as it was before. Surprisingly the upgrade was pretty quick and even the screen snip not working got a windows update emergency update to fix it within a week.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    ^ The gallery lightbulb icon is new and came in a recent patch. They changed it because some player's thought it was the picture tab.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited November 2021
    At present Windows 11 is little more than just a graphical refresh of Win 10. Further changes will come later but if something works under 10 it will work under 11.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    Thank you for all your replies. I will install windows 11 then.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member

Certain software and OSs don't work together, is the the short and dirty answer. Much like @Lyssandri said. Yes, your hardware parts don't change, but for the same reasons new software can be fickle on old OSs, old software on new OSs aren't necessarily compatible.

The Sims 4 will have to support continued compatibility with Windows 11, but since it is new they certainly will.
  • Options
    linds2010linds2010 Posts: 477 Member
    Somehow my graphics got much better with the upgrade. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    There's a Windows 11? Have I been in a coma? :open_mouth:
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Uaexep wrote: »
    There's a Windows 11? Have I been in a coma? :open_mouth:

Apparently.
  • Options
    LyssandriLyssandri Posts: 33 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    ^ The gallery lightbulb icon is new and came in a recent patch. They changed it because some player's thought it was the picture tab.
    OK, cool, that explains that one :). Right now, my "walls up/down" icon seems to randomly switch between a folder icon, the "manage households" icon from the "manage worlds" page, and a couple things I don't recognize. The other icons to the right of that one are also different than they were, but I don't recognize them from anywhere else, and they don't switch like the "walls" one does. It's kind of annoying.
  • Options
    Shamae03Shamae03 Posts: 29 Member
    Sims is running faster in Windows 11