Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Mortimer looks 20 years older than before. I donβ€˜t like it.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    New concepts for Mortimer, Bella, Dina, and Nina

09WZRVB.png

4pm0Hic.png

f2vi3oR.png

eleVyO5.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The pee yellow hair on Dina is inaccurate. Why is it still there?
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    Currently I delete all these premade townies and use my own. So I don't care about this.
    But to be honest I don't like these concept artworks especially the skin tones of the women. I hope in game they look better.
    This makes me feel they have plenty of time to do stuff like this.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited November 2021
    I'm not really a fan of these changes
    it feels like they all look more... dead and tired like idk the skin looks just so... grey

like they need spa asap
    they do need darker skin than now but it should be less.. grey

like warmer tones pls

also is it just me or are the textures and shading weirdly alpha ish :/ oh well its probably painted on or something

and yeah the cheese hair really must go before it can look anything like dina

nina idk i don't recall changing haircolor much but the hairstyle is so bad

and the eyecolors are off you must remember they have alien heritage too not base it just on region they're from

mortimers too wrinkly under eyes and between nose/mouth looks off

but i like that hair is closer to ts1 hair.. and that jaw is stronger

overall id like them to match ts1-2 better

then again i also have my own versions already so idk if this will really make me switch them out
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    They'll probably look better in the final product, and with make-up. But I'd rather have overhauls to their aesthetics, too. Give the Calientes new hair and clothes to make them look more like their Sims 2 selves.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited November 2021
    I don’t really play with pre-mades in the TS4, so it’s not a huge deal for me, but for what it’s worth, I don’t really like the new changes nor do I find them necessary this late in the series.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I love the idea of updating the NPCs but I hope they don't stick with these, Morty looks mean and Bella, Dina and Nina all have dead eyes. Not a fan of this particular look. Keep fine-tuning them, I think it will be great.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I don't dislike change, in some instances it can be better, but this...holy 🐸🐸🐸🐸! Thanks simgirl for posting that tweet, I can take a breath again.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited November 2021
    They might have shared these a bit early, it looks like they took screenshots of the original sims and edited them.

I think they look...okay but they could definitely look better. I think Dina and Nina look a bit older than I expected them to be.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    It's great to see that progress is being made! I wondered what was going on with the NPC overhaul.
    • Mortimer Goth - I really love his concept art. I think the aging details look perfect, and not too overdone. I've always considered Mortimer to be around mid 40's ish, so his concept art looks spot on to me. I think a salt and pepper hair colour would be a great addition, obviously in black instead of the brown one we have. Actually, I wish we had greying options for all hair colours.
    • Bella Goth - I don't mind how Bella currently looks, I think she's pretty consistent with her previous iterations. Her concept looks a little off to me, but it could be because she hasn't got her usual iconic make up on. I think the depth of her skin tone looks great, but I think it should lean more on the warmer side. It seems more cool/neutral instead of that medium tan, at least when comparing the Sims 1 and 2 versions of her.
    • Dina Caliente - I cannot express how much I love the concept art for Dina and Nina. I really like that they're trying to accurately represent them based on their lore and backstory. I do think they should keep the green eye colour though, because it's still accurate to Spanish and Middle Eastern ethnicities. I've noticed that their eye colours tend to be more olive toned instead of the bright green they have in game, so I think it's definitely time for some additional eye colours as a base game update. As for Dina's hair, I agree with a more subtle, muted blonde and a change of hairstyle. I quite like Dina's bob, but I think it should be a blunt cut style with no layers, and shoulder length.
    • Nina Caliente - Again, love Nina's concept art. I always felt like they did Nina dirty in the Sims 4, so this is what I consider her redemption ark to be lol. I still think green eyes would look better, but as I said previously, more olive and muted in tone. I like the idea of her having auburn red hair, and I think she suits the voluminous, curly style that she already has. I'd like to see that hairstyle updated, perhaps by cleaning up the texture and smoothing out where the curls naturally fall.

I'm going to assume that it's going to be a while before we get this update, and that during development, they'll work on relationships and sentiments too. It's looking good so far though, and I look forward to seeing the concept designs for other sims.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    This was never high on my must have list to start with. I realize that part of it is refreshing base game to match newer content. I was never invested in the premade households looking like they did in previous iterations of the game, so whatever they do is fine. If I don't like it, they can get a makeover.
    tbh they would have probably gotten more accurate skintone for bella if they just went in game and tap skintone thats 1/2 shade darker than the current one on the chart
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited November 2021
    200.gif

I was really hoping for relationships, sentiments, and preferences. Maybe these things will still be included with the change but now I'm not so sure. :confused: I don't even know what I'm looking at with these concepts, to be honest.

i7-13700K β€’ 16GB β€’ RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    edited November 2021
    Also if they really want to have real goths in the game they'd have to do whole freaking family and bury half of them in the garden