Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

{closed}

FarmerJeiFarmerJei Posts: 55 Member
edited November 2021 in Off Topic Chat
I love the game, have literally all the packs except a few kits, i just dont nearly play often enough and i feel like it could possibly benefit someone else. Just a thought, if anyone sees this lmk what you think. Hope you guys are having a fun time simming
Post edited by FarmerJei on

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Last I checked, it was against TOS and generally just a bad idea for a buyer (never know if it is a scam/stolen or will be shut down if Origin ever suspects it). You can confirm with Origin support.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Illegal!

You signed a contract with EA. You buy your games from EA. Which means you gave your money to EA.

If you SELL your account, EA won't be getting any money from your sell (I'm assuming) , so which means EA won't be happy! They might even sue.

I'd just uninstall and get a refund from the store (or wherever you got the game) . You can't profit from EA 's work (other than hours of fun) .

Hope you understand - since I struggle with my wording sometimes.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Adding to that, you probably can't get a refund for a game you bought, played, then got tired of eventually. If people could do that, game producers would go out of business.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • FarmerJeiFarmerJei Posts: 55 Member
    Adding to that, you probably can't get a refund for a game you bought, played, then got tired of eventually. If people could do that, game producers would go out of business.

yeah, i was about to say this also, i didnt just get the game, i was an avid sims 3 player, excessively sometimes lol, and in 2014 or whenever sims 4 came out i hopped on the bandwagon and any extra money i had usually went to the game. i just never have time for it anymore and seeing it sit there so lonely on my desktop brings back alot of memories of being a teenager.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited November 2021
    While you probably *could* sell your account if you were really that inclined too despite the TOS, asking about it on a forum might be unwise if the Gurus saw this thread and decided to watch your account closely.

So if you sold it, it wouldn't be surprising if its Origin banned after, making both whoever buys it unhappy, and probably wanting their money back. And you also wouldn't have an account to go back to if you wanted to play the Sims games again.

Really, I'd say keep it. Eventually you'd probably want to play the Sims again, especially if you've got a lot of the content/packs already. And having a banned account really makes things worse.
    L9q8VGi.png