Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats & Dogs refresh ideas

Β«1
Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
edited November 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
New life stage for cats and dogs between puppy/kitten and adult: juvenile

juvenile-and-adolescent.jpg

lifestages.jpg

Dog houses for outdoor

130366.jpg

Aquariums

whOx4.png?1?9573

Bird cages

tumblr_inline_n8j8v5eMt71ru0wei.png

Ant farm

hqdefault.jpg
Post edited by Mak27 on

Comments

• TwinkieChan19TwinkieChan19 Posts: 1 New Member
    I was thinking about this idea, that they could have ferrets maybe a snake and some other unique animals not just cats an dogs cause obviously not everyone would want a cat or a dog they would want something that match their sins personality, an pet shows for the pets that was be awesome. The Cats & Dogs pack have so much potential to have these things and yet it hasn’t been developed to make it a wonderful pack so simmers wouldn’t get bored- I shouldn’t have to spend my money on something that was half 🐸🐸🐸🐸 I need more passion into this game.
  • EnnamoraEnnamora Posts: 3 New Member
    They also need to desperately look at their models for certain breeds for cats and dogs. The Dachshund is a perfect example for this. The in game breed looks NOTHING like a sausage dog... It annoys me to bits.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    An animal trainer or animal caretaker career would be helpful. I would like for it to be easier to hire people to work at vet lots.
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Many people take excellent care of their cats & dogs, so it would make sense to add it ingame:

New services:
    Pet sitter - NPC service option; hired to care for pet on home lot
    Pet groomer - NPC service option; to perform pet cleaning or spa services on home lot
    Pet boarding - rabbit hole to send pets while sims are on vacation or at work

Updated items:
    Pet Care Lot type - community lot to replace vet clinic
    Pet Care Center - vet clinic renovation to include grooming section
    Better grass terrain in Brindleton - it's a beautiful world, but the ground is so weird

New items:
    Additional Harness - a new style w/ different patterns
    Retractable leash - to change the distance your pet walks
    Pet bathing station - for pet grooming & helps sims develop pet training skill
    Grooming kiosk - for grooming services on pet care lots; used to create pet grooming shop

Also agree with the outdoor dog house. Was really surprised we didn't get one.
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    Ennamora wrote: Β»
    They also need to desperately look at their models for certain breeds for cats and dogs. The Dachshund is a perfect example for this. The in game breed looks NOTHING like a sausage dog... It annoys me to bits.

EXACTLY!!! Our long bois aren't long enough.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • JDubtx81JDubtx81 Posts: 26 Member
    I'd like to see dog houses, water bowls and to control your pets (not the mod). I'd like them to do away with obsessions and fears. The short, medium and long walks with dogs needs to be fixed to work properly. That's about all I can think of that I'd like to see for a refresh.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I'd rather just have more pet focused aspirations & careers.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited November 2021
  • Gonnawin1111Gonnawin1111 Posts: 495 Member
    It would be cool if sims were able to foster cats or dogs for a while until they find a new "home"
    heyyyy i'm v ツ I'm Gonnawin1111 on the gallery too. My bestie is hymnhehim/hymnofheroes/milo ツ I love using smileys like : ) but on the forums they become :)
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    Water bowl
    more pet
    More pet furniture
    Walking with more pet. If you have two dog, you have to go to walk twice bc you can't take two of them as same time
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I want more lots in Brindleton Bay if they do refresh Cats & Dogs. Also, I want the pets to not be counted as part of the 8 household members, it's too limited.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I would like an active type job as a pet trainer, and groomer. A sim brings you their pet, you take it to the park to train, same with grooming.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I have only two main wishes:
    Kids being able to take a dog out for a walk.
    More small pets and being able to care for frogs, insects and fishes +bigger terrariums for them.
    It would be cool if sims were able to foster cats or dogs for a while until they find a new "home"
    It's a nice idea! I think you can do this already if you adopt a dog or a cat and play with them for sometime and then transfer them to another household, for example, an uplayed townie :smile: Of course there aren't any in-game messages or notifications that would describe what is happening, so it's not entirely the same as having the actual game feature.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Ennamora wrote: Β»

Agreed 100% they could have made just a little more of an effort to get some breed standards correct.
    β€œAll mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    in term of the cat and dog pack refresh would be nice to had male and female budgies inseperable canarys to name a few birds but here are pics of 2 vPcH07T.jpgUXLCqK8.jpg
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd like to see dog houses added I'm still annoyed a Guru said he did not like them so we did not get them. Something else I'd like to see is strays in every world not just the one the pack they came with I'm over mini games expand all worlds with so called "expansions" they really are not expanding much.

Birds and a more detailed tropical fish tank would be nice the one we have now is so boring and low quality wish they would just update it with more options and higher quality fish and design .
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2021
    Controlable pets!!!😭😭😭
    That alone would bring this pack up to a 10 for me. Right now I barely play with them because they literally take up a slot and I have no control of them. Would live to have pet adventures.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited November 2021
    • more dog beds
    • more toys for pets
    • a dog toilet
    • the newspaper "rug" needs to be usable as a dog toilet for puppies
    • ability to take multiple dogs for a walk at the same time
    • children need to be able to take a dog for a walk
    • clothes for dogs that can be knitted
    • pets out of family member slots or at least make them 10-12 so I can have large families with pets, you know, some people actually play families
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • ItalStewItalStew Posts: 30 Member
    If they were to add new dog breeds (Hungarian Puli and Komondor) at this stage, then I'd finally purchase Cats & Dogs. I can't really see it happening though, so I'll probably continue to do without.
  • ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    There should be a Munchkin cat,
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    Add a Pet Store as well too!
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

Oh, I love this! Gameplay, cuteness, and challenge, all rolled into one amazing idea.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • xToscaxTosca Posts: 9 New Member
    Honestly, Pets in general need a loooooooot of reworks- the pack is honestly... a bit lackluster in how the pets were handled, in a lot of ways- especially when it comes to their genetics and CAS, and the fact that you can't breed unique pets anymore like you could in TS3- there are no markings, only preset coats or painted coats, and the painted coats don't have layers or anything, so your pets basically only have the default designs or a painted one to choose from, with no real variation.

Painting on pets is nice and all, but The Sims 3 had WAY better pet genetics, with individual marking layers etc, and you could actually create animals that looked unique and different.

The Sims 4 could improve on this by completely reworking how pet coats work in CAS- they could take the current coats that exist now, and make them "preset coats" that won't break existing pets that use them, and add entirely new customization features for a custom coat, with markings layers, individual marking colors, etc like what existed in TS3, /and/ give the painting system a rework with multiple layers that can pass on genetically, allowing for someone to custom paint multiple different markings on different layers, and have it random which markings carry over onto the offspring, instead of the "all or nothing" system that exists currently.

It would make pets so much more interesting just to be able to see that visual variation in their markings and colors, and make breeding more genuinely fun.

It would also be nice to get more types of coat length for pets, too, and some slider improvements. More pet personality traits would also be nice.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I really want dog houses! I bugs me that they werenβ€˜t added in Sims 4 because every other pets expansion before had them and I want an outdoor cabin for my pets
    a256aFi.gif