Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

November 23rd - Inside Maxis Livestream

EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,262 EA Community Manager
edited November 2021 in Livestreams
The last Inside Maxis of the year is starting NOW! 🤗 Join in to hear more about the new #ModernMenswearKit, hot topics 🔥 & updates to come 🤗 Tune in now! ➡️

oi0mi5zfyrfx.png
Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Thank you very much for posting this!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    So in this stream they should say smth abt the sdx or smth like that and probably announce smth coming in the first package. Also announce what update is "add dimension to your sim's lives" and "customize your space with colour". They might also announce some new scenarios coming. Maybe they will also say smth abt the townie lore update. And they will obviously talk abt the new kit and one of the irl designers are gonna be there too.

Then I think after all that there will be nothing else for the rest of the year. And the next Maxis monthly should be at the beginning of January or at the end of that month. And a roadmap should also come around that time.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited November 2021
    Hold up

mad last second speculation before it turns out to be false xD

they are adding SDX in next patch right?
    and its to add small thingies to game without having to do whole patch?
    and next month is December?
    I-is there gonna be winterfest calendar? with little surprises?:flushed:
    okay whew now that ive written it down probably not but it would have been cute
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Hold up

mad last second speculation before it turns out to be false xD

they are adding SDX in next patch right?
    and its to add small thingies to game without having to do whole patch?
    and next month is December?
    I-is there gonna be winterfest calendar? with little surprises?:flushed:
    okay whew now that ive written it down probably not but it would have been cute

They could add some Christmas or Hanukkah related items during December with sdx
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    They better close the comment section. It‘s gonna be nasty.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

It's always nasty. 😄
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2021
    That is what modding is for and Twitch takes modding a lot more strictly. Thankfully I'll be working tomorrow, so I can just catch the VOD which is nice with Youtube because comment section is easy to close with that. :)

I will also be thinking of Rugrats Clan of the Duck during that time.
    The+clan+of+the+duck+_4394607d6effba17f1b330d43214d825.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I wonder if they're going to patch in any free menswear like they did for the recent CAS kits.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    I will be watching a recap or the video afterwards. I'm only interested in the hot topics and updates. I 'm not holding my breath for the last update of the year. I am really disappointed in most of the recent patches (with the exception of spa day refresh, that was a great patch) . I kind of dread the sdx thing. I don't see how that can fix small bugs without affecting mods. I hope we will at least get a notification if a sdx adds to or changes something in the game.
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I wonder if they're going to patch in any free menswear like they did for the recent CAS kits.

For once I hope they don't, or if they do they should go for a more 'traditional' piece of the collection, like a normal sweater. This is so niche, they should leave it 100% optional for those who want this content and don't force it on those who don't.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I was hoping it was going to be about something interesting but it's just about the new kit which I don't care about.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    edited November 2021
    I hope in the hot topic they can shed some light about why scenarios have to be time limited. That makes sense in a mobile game, not in the sims 4. And will they rotate and bring back scenarios that have been removed.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited November 2021

They should assign some moderators to clear out the nasty comments for this stream, unless they already have it? I haven't watched their livestreams in a while. I don't know if they have nightbot (a twitch chat bot) but they could have use for that.

Anyway, I hope that they will share what the "dimensions to our sims lives" update will be.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    logion wrote: »

They should assign some moderators to clear out the nasty comments for this stream, unless they already have it? I haven't watched their livestreams in a while. I don't know if they have nightbot (a twitch chat bot) but they could have use for that.

Anyway, I hope that they will share what the "dimensions to our sims lives" update will be.

Usally it's moderated with at least 6 moderators, most of them are the simgurus. I've seen them deleting unnecessary rude comments. Honestly this time I'm not a single bit of interested in that stream, so I won't watch it, I'm going to play the game instead. If there is something important to know to me, I will read about it afterwards here in the forum. I'm sure, no important topic will stay uncommented here.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2021
    Ugh I know I can watch the replay but I'm sad I won't be home to watch it live and participate in the chat 🥺
    I love these little livestreams they do.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The livestreams have never been of interest. I will just wait for the recap for the actual important information. I have no interest in the new kit, so I will not subject myself to even listening to anyone involved. My only interest for the game is what is being done to fix the core significant gameplay features. Lately, they just outright ignore that, at least from the few livestream clips I have seen.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited November 2021
    Daravi wrote: »

Usally it's moderated with at least 6 moderators, most of them are the simgurus. I've seen them deleting unnecessary rude comments. Honestly this time I'm not a single bit of interested in that stream, so I won't watch it, I'm going to play the game instead. If there is something important to know to me, I will read about it afterwards here in the forum. I'm sure, no important topic will stay uncommented here.

Good to hear that they have moderators.

I have mixed feelings about these livestreams, I feel that they sometimes don't have a lot to talk about, and that the production quality could maybe be better... sometimes they are almost a bit awkward... but at the same time it is nice of them to share what they are doing so we don't just see people from their marketing department.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Ugh I know I can watch the replay but I'm sad I won't be home to watch it live and participate in the chat 🥺
    I love these little livestreams they do.

It's okay @Babykittyjade , I won't be watching it live either! I usually just read a recap after, but we can watch the replay and have our own chat if you want. :smile:
    Daravi wrote: »

Good to hear that they have moderators.

I have mixed feelings about these livestreams, I feel that they sometimes don't have a lot to talk about, and that the production quality could maybe be better... sometimes they are almost a bit awkward... but at the same time it is nice of them to share what they are doing so we don't just see people from their marketing department.

I love the livestreams. Yeah the production quality can be wonky sometimes because they are all at home so some gurus will have better quality than others. And some gurus are more used to streaming than others lol but I still like seeing the livestreams anyways.
    Getting all my chores out of the way so I can sit back and enjoy.
    I wonder which gurus are gonna be hosting this livestream
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,262 EA Community Manager
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I wonder which gurus are gonna be hosting this livestream

We should have that info up soon :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Info yes I cant wait.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Recap blog will be available on Monday, November 29.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top