Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues (2020-22 version!)

Comments

• Options
    YamiJustin2YamiJustin2 Posts: 25 Member
    @igazor So I re-installed everything from scratch, and would test a Bridgeport household each time. On this re-install with the Smoothing Patch, it maintained 100fps with 1 or 2 frame drops here or there. The only time it every drops to 60-70 is if you scroll as fast as possible through the city non-stop.

This re-install now has the essential Nraas mods (Master Controller + Integration, Overwatch, Error Trap, Traveler, Story Progression and Tempest installed). I am NO LONGER getting micro-freeze when clicking on the active Sim! I'm unsure why it's different. I keep checking the active household after every few new mods, and no drops in frames or freezes. I wonder if my overclocking my GPU, CPU and returning my RAM speed from 2144 to it's default 3000mhz made a difference?

That being said I am looking forward to this playthrough. I disagree with some people about limiting it to 60fps. It's true that the animations don't go beyond 30/60, but the scrolling and movement is butter smooth with G-Sync and 100fps.
  • Options
    TrineeLarsenTrineeLarsen Posts: 14 New Member
    I cant register the sims 3 base game and the pets expansion on the official sims 3 website, it says the codes are invalid. I play on windows, and have the games on disc. EA support wasn't much help and sent me here... :'(
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I cant register the sims 3 base game and the pets expansion on the official sims 3 website, it says the codes are invalid. I play on windows, and have the games on disc. EA support wasn't much help and sent me here... :'(
    Are you the original and only owner of these discs? The registration codes can only be used once each.

But beyond that, I have no idea why EA would have sent you here. This is a community forum, we are your fellow players. No one from EA is here except for the moderators, and they have no access to customer records. Only EA Customer Support (not Tech Support) can help with issues like that. Perhaps try again?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    @Coolestdragonever - If you are certain that both the game installation and the TS3 user game folder in Documents are running from the C drive and not the F drive (what happens if you disconnect F entirely?), then that leaves us with:
    igazor wrote: »
    @Coolestdragonever - ...I do see that you have a GTX 970 for a graphics card. Have you taken the required steps to cap the frame rate of your card using the Nvidia Control Panel to a max of 60 fps? TS3 has no functional built-in fps limiter.

You can see the frame rates you are actually getting in-game with the fps on cheat code. As you play and move the game camera around, the displayed fps should never exceed the refresh rate of your monitor. Yours is 60 Hz, so the cap should be at 60 fps.

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    > @igazor said:
    > Are you the original and only owner of these discs? The registration codes can only be used once each.
    >
    > But beyond that, I have no idea why EA would have sent you here. This is a community forum, we are your fellow players. No one from EA is here except for the moderators, and they have no access to customer records. Only EA Customer Support (not Tech Support) can help with issues like that. Perhaps try again?

Yes I am,
    I also have no clue why they sent me here, I thought that was kinda weird, perhaps they were getting tired of my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lol /j
  • Options
    CoolestdragoneverCoolestdragonever Posts: 10 New Member
    @igazor
    Hello! Sorry that I haven’t made myself clear with all of these things going on. It scrambles my head a bit since there is a lot of things to keep track of. ^^;

I have set the fps limit to 60 with the help of NVIDIA Control Panel on the Sims 3 application settings. I checked the fps with the cheat you provided as the game was running and it never exceeded 60, only switched to 59 at split seconds when I tried moving the camera. The game runs fantastically until the dreaded freeze happens.

The game itself is installed in the D drive which is the second SSD internal hard drive I just mounted to see if it would solve the problem since I can’t fit the game on the C drive.

The F drive you mention is my external hard drive and nothing relating to the game is installed on there anymore, except for the CAW program and some Sims 3 Store safety copy files. If I disconnect the F drive, nothing would happen since the game isn’t connected to it anymore. The game would just run like normal until freezing again.

You mentioned a TS3 user game folder in Documents, and I looked for it to find it in documents on my C drive (I actually had no idea of it being there)! However, it looks completely identical to the Sims 3 folder I have on my D drive in the Electronic Arts folder, and it is empty in all of the folders that should have things in them (aka; Saves, InstalledWorlds, etc)...
    It’s just like a blank slate after newly installing the game, and I have no idea how long it has been there.

Since the TS3 folder in my C drive is identical to the one on D but empty, I removed it and tried running the game again, thinking that it might’ve caused problems with clogging up the game having duplicate files of itself, but I got the same freeze result as usual, so that folder was completely useless and must’ve been left in the C drive after some kind of failed installation or something.

I have looked through my entire F and C drive to see if there are any more leftover TS3 files. The only thing I could find was two Sims expansions and two Stuff Packs installed from physical discs on my C drive in my Program (x86) > Electronic Arts folder.

I am unable to reinstall them since I do not have the discs anymore and don’t own them on Origin, which is why they’re still there.
    But maybe that could have something to do with the freezing, even though I have deactivated them when starting up the game? And in that case; can I move them over to my D drive in any way that makes the game still recognize them without having to uninstall them first?
    I tried going to the Windows Settings Apps and Features tab and using the “Move” button on them, but it’s just greyed out and won’t let me...
  • Options
    @Coolestdragonever - No, you cannot move the installed EPs from C to a different installation on D without breaking the DRM on them and then they won't run. If anything, they should be uninstalled and the Windows Registry cleaned by way of a utility such as Piriform's CCleaner (the free version is fine) to make sure the game isn't trying to call up ghosted remnants of itself on these other drives.

If you are the registered owner of the discs, then you get the rights to install the Origin version of the game at no extra charge as many times as you want on as many systems as you own (as long as the game is only being played on one system at a time). If you gave the discs to someone else or discarded them while they were unregistered, then I'm sorry but you no longer have a way to reinstall any of them or, as it sounds, provide proof of ownership to EA and would need to repurchase.

So, just to make sure I understand, the TS3 base game only is now Origin installed? And your Documents library is now properly redirected to D using Windows to manage this, or at least the TS3 portion of it is perhaps by way of symlinks? Or did you just move the user game folder there?

If the Registry cleanup doesn't get you anywhere and it's not a Documents redirection issue, then I'm sorry but afraid I am out of ideas and would suggest you proceed onto posting at AHQ for more advanced troubleshooting with a link back to this discussion for reference.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    violetxhillvioletxhill Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I am having issues with clothing cc only. I use .package files and they are not showing up no matter what. All of my hair cc work.

My game is the most up to date.

I have these NRAAS downloaded as well:
    -master controller cheats V134 (most updated version)
    -master controller V134 (most updated version)
    -woohooer V129 (most updated version)

I removed all NRAAs, seen if one was doing this, etc, and it is not the NRAAs as far as I am aware of unless there is something I need to do with these NRAAs in-game that I am not aware of.

I removed each clothing cc, added 1 at a time, etc, and there are no "bad" cc that are ruining the party. All of the cc were from the the sims resource and are all within a year old. No comments on any of the cc state that one could be broken.

I have done the following:
    https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Cc-won-t-show-up-on-sims-3/td-p/7763087

I have also unlocked all of the cc. I actually found out about this, and I thought this would work but it did not.

Nothing has worked. I'm honestly not sure what to do now... I feel like I've tried everything.
  • Options
    @violetxhill - I take it that you are certain your downloaded content from TSR is not sims3pack format. Have you tried clearing the cache files after each change to your content in Mods\Packages?

Another thing to check: there will be a file in your TS3 user game folder in Documents called DeviceConfig.log. If you right-click (not open) on that file and look at Properties, does its Modification Date show as the last time you started up your game? If you aren't sure, close all of that out and start the game, as the Modification Date on that file should update instantly. If it's stale, then you have another game folder somewhere on your system that the game is reading from and it's ignoring this one with the added content on startup.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    hi, i have monte vista & riverview, but when i try to download them from the download panel, it dosent let me? any1 have a fix for this?
  • Options
    An update on my “clicking on active Sim causing second-long freeze” issue. The culprit was definitely Nraas itself, even with just the Master Controller. However a program called Park Control, which legit fixed the freeze delay. All it does is make your CPUs idling cores do some work and not just sit there. Huge improvement in combo with the smoothing!
  • Options
    > @igazor said:
    > @YamiJustin2 - The less than a second freeze happens because the game now has more things to display in the menu for the active sim than it did prior, namely the mod commands. You can also see something similar if you were to use certain food, ingredient, and recipe mods -- clicking on a fridge will cause a small delay each time as there is more for the game to figure out what to show as fridge options than there used to be.
    >
    > I'm afraid there is no solution for that, other than not playing with mods or not clicking on your active sim so often. It's all a matter of benefit vs. pain trade-offs, really.
    >
    > TS3 is never going to be a 100% stutter free experience once we start adding fun stuff to the game. StoryProgression in particular will cause occasional stutters and pauses on any system as it constantly recalculates things like job/school performance and what sims in the open world are going to be pushed to do next. Those of us who appreciate the mods for what they add to the game put up with the extra overhead, as again it's all a bunch of trade-offs.

I've gone above and beyond to deduce what was causing these little issues. I had to reset my PC anyway, so I had the benefit of a clean OS and a clean install. I then noted each change I made, whether tweaking a setting or adding a file to the game bin, etc., and would then check the performance in a new save file, or load a previous new save file. I would then make a backup of the game and EA documents folder. I ended up with 4 full backups, and I'm still not done. But basically, you were right on the money when it came to the click-on-active-Sim micro-freeze. It was because of the Nraas menus. Even just the base one by itself. I was able to use the Park Control program and that seemed to reduce the micro freeze to less than a millisecond. So now it's almost instant.

Additionally, closing all other programs helped as well with random frame drops. Big culprit was Google chrome. Even with a single tab open, if you check Task Manager, it uses up almost 600MB. I also turned off WIFI. I have my 1080 Ti graphics card overclocked by a modest amount. So far so good! Now the final boss: seeing how the game performances as I periodically load the custom content and paid content I've bought over the years haha.
  • Options
    @TrineeLarsen - If you could, and haven't already, try downloading them from the TS3 Store using a web browser and then placing (such as drag and drop) the downloaded file(s) in the Downloads folder of your TS3 user game folder in Documents. And if that doesn't work, try a different browser. I've always had success with Firefox, other players use different ones.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    CoolestdragoneverCoolestdragonever Posts: 10 New Member
    @igazor
    I solved the problem and I honestly feel really stupid because of how easy it was……
    I didn’t know that the user game folder and the game installation folder were supposed to be two separate ones, and everything from my user game folder was INSIDE of my installation folder, merging everything together! No wonder my game wasn’t working! I keep the user game folder as a separate one now on my external hard drive (since it doesn’t want to show up anywhere else) and the game works **flawlessly**! No need to reinstall, no corrupted saves, everything is alright! I want to thank you for all the help you gave me, I did use CCleaner registry clean too, just in case, and I am so happy to have it fixed again!
  • Options
    I have a few generic questions concerning mods.

1. Do “bug fixes” contribute in any way to lag or performance issues? I assume they don’t but I dislike how the game requires like 30ish bug fixes, which means extra package files that you can’t merge (I read you shouldn’t merge fixes)

2. If your active Sim experiences click-on-Sim lag due to Nraas menus, will making them only appear on PC and City Hall reduce that issue maybe?

3. As for store content or custom content that adds objects and sets into the game. Surely that doesn’t hit performance? It should only show up when you go into buy or build mode?

4. Is there a consensus on a file size limit for merged cc? I would love to have 6-10 packages at 1GB each than 75 ones at 200MB or less each. Then those packages get added with the Mod folder packages and bam you have so many running.

Bedtime now but I was just salty about the click on Sim lag, especially when my game runs basically at 95-100fps
  • Options
    KittyKat000KittyKat000 Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi, I have been playing Sims 3 for years and bought myself a new laptop. I have downloaded everything from my purchase history but found that I am missing a few worlds and these are not listed on the community site so I can't download them from their either. Origin downloaded the expansion packs. I have no idea how to get these back, they are: Appaloosa Plains, Bridgeport, Isla Paradiso, Moonlight Falls, Starlight Shores, Sunset Valley and Twinbrook. Thank you!
  • Options
    @KittyKat000 - None of the worlds you have listed need to be downloaded because they are not TS3 Store worlds. Sunset Valley comes with the base game. The others are all EP worlds. So if you have, for example, Late Night installed then you have Bridgeport. If you have Pets installed, then you have Appaloosa Plains. As you have an Origin install, you would have the Patch 1.69 Launcher (assuming we are talking about the Windows version of the game and not Mac) and must also select the EPs you wish to have in play whenever you start up the game.

Are these worlds really not appearing as options to play once you get the game with the required EPs running?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    hello again, i've tried everything @igazor said, but i'm still unable to download the worlds from the store. i've also tried downloading 1 world at a time, but i've not been able to download either of them. when i try to download them, the launcher pops up with an error message that says "there was an error while downloading the content. please check the log for more details."
    when i check the launcherlog it says following:

2021/11/26|14:31:37|OFB-SIM3:23468|Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.||||Build Version: 10.0.96.014001|Platform: PC|Locale: da_DK|Content URL: http://store.thesims3.com|Web Services URL: http://igs.thesims3.com|

i have the newest update, i use firefox, i've tried removing cc and mods from the game and i've cleared my browser history (which i saw worked for someone else with the same problem)
  • Options
    TroliTroli Posts: 10 New Member
    When I tried to open my game, it crashed before it even opened. And when I tried to uninstall some cc from the launcher the box pops up then crashes and nothing uninstalls. This didn't start happening till now and I don't know why. How can I fix this? Also, btw I play on windows 10.
  • Options
    Sims 3 won't open. Every time I try to open it, it crashes before it can open. And I can't uninstall cc from the sims 3 launcher. The box opens up then crashes and doesn't uninstall anything.
  • Options
    Redalpha23simsRedalpha23sims Posts: 10 New Member
    @Troli same! I just bought the game and it isn't launching at all. I've done everyway I've seen to fix it, but it still won't work:c
  • Options
    Redalpha23simsRedalpha23sims Posts: 10 New Member
    @Troli same! I just bought the game and it isn't launching at all. I've done everyway I've seen to fix it, but it still won't work:c

p.s. i play on windows 11
  • Options
    UPDATE, it works now, I just had to delete bad cc.
  • Options
    @Redalpha23sims - Does this help at all? Win 11 shouldn't be much different from Win 10 in this regard.
    igazor wrote: »
    Out of the box, so to speak, new Win 10 systems tend to require .NET 3.5 activation (it's installed but not necessarily activated) and DirectX 9 installation. TS3 requires both of these, the later versions of .NET and DirectX are fine to have as well but not what the game requires at startup.

1 - Go to Start Menu > Settings > Apps > Programs and Features (on the right) > Turn Windows Features On and Off. You can also get there by way of doing a search on Control Panel, then sort by name (small or large icon) and Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On and Off. Look for .NET 3.5, it should be listed at or near the top, and check the box if it is totally unchecked (a white square). Don't worry about the two submenu items, also don't worry about .NET 4.8 just under it as they run independently of each other. If 3.5 needed to be activated, this might take a while (minutes, not hours) and then you will need to reboot your machine.

2 - You can download and run the DirectX 9 installer directly from Microsoft. There is no need to uninstall anything first.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 This can be a little fussy, though. Many users find they need to first create a new folder (just about anywhere, the Desktop should be fine), download the installer and all of its content to that new folder, then look for the file called DXSETUP.exe among all the others. Double-clicking that will actually run the install. Then delete the folder and its contents as it would no longer be needed.

Does the game then launch? If not, then we would have to look at any security/anti-virus systems that came pre-installed on it to see if they are getting in the way.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    SaturninexSaturninex Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello me again! Odd glitch (again) but I've noticed an issue across two of my households in the same neighbourhood. Both of my adult women in the family stop cooking mid way through ANY preparation, whether it's an autumn salad, mac and cheese, waffles, etc and give me the wave and the "can't go here" speech bubble. They get right up to the end of the prep stage before doing this. Although, everyone else in the family CAN cook and prepare meals with no issue. It's immensely frustrating given my save is historical and these two families specifically are traditionally patriarchal. I have Ani's no fridge mod if that helps. And yes, I've also tried deleting and replacing the stove, moving the hanging pots out of the way and those types of suggestions. Which ultimately, don't seem to matter that much given my OTHER SIMS CAN COOK ON IT.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top