Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    If a mermaid eats a fish is it like eating their own kind?
    GtSuH6z.png

Is eating a scab a form of cannibalism? :tongue:

Liking your sense of humor! But that image does make me want to hurl.

As to mermaids eating fish being a bad thing (like in Sims4?) it's silly because mermaids aren't fish, and also even if they were, fish eat other fish all the time, they're not that particular. Except herbivorous fish.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    Do you think technology will save the human race or destroy it?

I think it will save it ultimately...? Fingers crossed.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited November 2021
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    Do you think technology will save the human race or destroy it?

I think it will save it ultimately...? Fingers crossed.

Now I'd love to avoid writing an essay here, but it has the potential for both depending on how people use it. Either we'll move onto an automated future where people can spend their free-time on hobbies instead of work, with only some people having to upkeep the tech with all the common illnesses and diseases being curable... Would love to see tinnitus go for good!

...Or we'll have technology that monitors your mind and evaporates you for thinking negatively!
    If a mermaid eats a fish is it like eating their own kind?

Is eating a scab a form of cannibalism? :tongue:

Now I seldom use emojis, but this is the perfect time I let one do the talking

🤢
    L9q8VGi.png
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    :smile:

If you're happy, and you know it clap your hands...

👏
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    Today's Q Q is:
    Do you usually achieve the goals you set? Why or why not?

Yeah, I do like 80% of the time cuz I set pretty realistic goals. 😛 And a lot of my goals are like 'daily task' types to keep me motivated and not procrastinate.

But the hardest one that I still am trying to achieve is getting more definition on my abs. 😂😂 Those belly fats be stubborn, maaaaan. 😖
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Yeah, I do like 80% of the time cuz I set pretty realistic goals. 😛 And a lot of my goals are like 'daily task' types to keep me motivated and not procrastinate.

But the hardest one that I still am trying to achieve is getting more definition on my abs. 😂😂 Those belly fats be stubborn, maaaaan. 😖

Sadly not a lot of the time. Been having a goal to fix this tinnitus issue, and I end up lapsing and my bad habits come back.
    L9q8VGi.png
    Today's Q Q is:

Very sadly, no. I don't even set goals to achieve anymore. :(

Imagine having your 2nd grade teacher tell you "Why do you try? You're just gonna fail!" just because you are struggling (and not doing well) in the class! :bawling:

I struggling because of my learning disability, autism, and also being a slow learner. During this time, schools system didn't want to label children (disabled, special needs, etc.) so I was stuck in with regular kids. After being laughed at (from the other kids) I pretty much just decided to embrace it, and I became the "class clown" :lol:

Did I get bullied? ... Well, yes, but I ... took care of it (cracks nuckels) , and he didn't bother me anymore. I don't like bullies, and I will defend myself. :rage: I might not always win, but I will always defend myself.
    Today's Q Q is:

Imagine having your 2nd grade teacher tell you "Why do you try? You're just gonna fail!" just because you are struggling (and not doing well) in the class! :bawling:

I struggling because of my learning disability, autism, and also being a slow learner. During this time, schools system didn't want to label children (disabled, special needs, etc.) so I was stuck in with regular kids. After being laughed at (from the other kids) I pretty much just decided to embrace it, and I became the "class clown" :lol:

Did I get bullied? ... Well, yes, but I ... took care of it (cracks nuckels) , and he didn't bother me anymore. I don't like bullies, and I will defend myself. :rage: I might not always win, but I will always defend myself.

You have my sympathy, having had my share of both good teachers and ones that appeared to have broken under stresses similar to those faced by parents who are undersupported, over-extended, underpaid and overworked, who are also responsible for kids and can't always meet the challenge.

Glad you stood up for yourself! Not that any child should be left at the mercy of bullies in school, but when someone is attacking you, you have to give them a lesson to remember, that even if they "win" the fight, make them walk away hurting, as much as possible. They'll remember you're no soft target, and bullies being cowards, always seek a soft target, never a fair fight, or even an unfair fight with someone with guts.

As for goals, I plan to build some portable raised beds and grow vegetables this summer, and add to my houseplant army. I also want to dance more because it's a lot more fun than doing cardio just to exercise. Oh, and improve my chess game.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    edited November 2021
    Today's Q Q is:

Sorry you had a teacher like that before. I had a few teachers like that too. Once was when I was in junior college (like when I was 17). The good thing was I was older and would have not been so discouraged as I knew what I was capable of more than that teacher knew me. What I did was to just prove her wrong. But I guess I've always been that kinda person who loves to prove people wrong, even when I was a kid. 😂 And this kinda mentality has always made me push myself harder than I would have.

I have autism too but I'm much different than what you experience. For me, I'm a fast learner and I do better than most students but some teachers always gave me a hard time cuz I don't "participate" or "talk more in class". And it's so ridiculous cuz every time I got back my report card, I would get straight A's but the comment from the teacher would be "Dhabitah needs to be participative in class". 🙄 That teacher that disliked me in junior college scolded me on the first day cuz I was listening to her with my arms crossed and she thought I was bored or not listening to her or something and then she went on to say that I was gonna fail, blah blah blah. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Wow this sucks, I can't hear at all out of one ear.
    L9q8VGi.png

I know how that feels - I was born with all 3 of the ear canal bones missing in one of my ears.

I hope it resolves! :(
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:
    What’s the strangest movie you have ever seen?

There's one with Adam Sandler in it. I can't remember the title but it wasn't really one of his big movies.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Happy Thanksgiving y'all! :heart: Hope your day is wonderful!
    Happy thanksgiving to you too! It was good. No drama, no travel, good food.

For those who celebrate it, how did yours go?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Happy thanksgiving to you too! It was good. No drama, no travel, good food.

For those who celebrate it, how did yours go?

Mine was quite this year - me and my mom at the trailer. We had green beans casserole, mashed potatoes, dressing (stuffing) , and a Cornish Hen to split this year. We finished it off with a pumpkin pie for dessert afterwards! It was so yummy! :yum:
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    What’s the strangest movie you have ever seen?[/center]

Being John Malkovich
    Today's Q Q is:
    Where is the most relaxing place you have been?

That small spring lake thing at the zoo once. XD It was so nice, I didn't wanna go home. But that was yearssss ago. I don't think they have it anymore.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Phew. I'm so overwhelmingly tired from Thanksgiving. And one of my roommates has family coming over soon. :(
    bluedanube wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    DeKay
    Strangely enough, it was laying down under a palm tree at the Infinity pool of MBS in your beautiful country!

Oooh, nice. Even I haven't been there before! Only been to the Shoppes area.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

That small spring lake thing at the zoo once. XD It was so nice, I didn't wanna go home. But that was yearssss ago. I don't think they have it anymore.

I'll give one of the deserts in Egypt I once partook a holiday to as mine, I was very young and I wouldn't remember the specific area, but our guide taught the Elders around how to make bread too.... Sadly I could just watch, but there was a nice evenings sky.

But I feel the most relaxing place during it was on the back of a horse.
    L9q8VGi.png
    Today's Q Q is:
    What was your first smartphone? How did you feel when you got it?

It was back in 2018 (yes... LOL) and it was a cheap Xiaomi phone. 🤣 I had to get it when I had to go to work. D: Cuz they needed me to use Whatsapp. I didn't feel anything when I got it. Always have been a laptop gal, even to this day. Hahaa.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Just got done with an online auction! Made out pretty good!

Very proud of my two new coins I just got -

1932 $10 Gold Eagle (MS63) - ($1800)
    1894-o $1 Morgan silver dollar - ($1600 est. val)

Plus I was able to get 3 1972 BU (brilliant uncirculated) DD (double die) Pennies - ($475ea.)

There are several other coins I got, but these are my top scores!

(estimated values from PCGS, themselves!)

Now, I'm off to bed... and try and get some sleep, though I'm so pumped up about my new coins!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top