Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tend to sprites garden?

Has anyone figured out how to do this Secret Society task? I even tried a convoluted cheat work around I found suggested on reddit, but it didn't work for me. Is this a known bug, or am I missing something obvious?

Comments

• Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    You have to go to the meeting place of the Secret Society and tend to the flowers which are planted there.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Gagea wrote: »
    You have to go to the meeting place of the Secret Society and tend to the flowers which are planted there.

Yes, I know, I know where the place is and where the flowers are, I've gone almost daily, at all times of day or season, there's just never any option that comes up that counts as "tending when I click on them." Is there some other, extra secret meeting place, besides the one where the alter is in the circle? Cause whenever I click on any of the flowers growing there the only options are to uproot, view, or sometimes harvest, and harvesting doesn't register as fulfilling the task in the task bar. Are there different flowers than the ones growing around the alter? Can you give me some idea as to what I'm supposed to be seeing, or some advice besides "do the obvious thing the game is telling you that clearly isn't working?"
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    I haven’t tried to join the Secret Society in any of my saves, but I did find a video, where the player has the option to “water” the flowers around the altar https://youtu.be/D7-iTYk4KJI (time stamp ca. 07:00) and I read somewhere that there could also be an option to “weed”. So from this it sounds like it may be bugged - or maybe Seasons is taking care of the watering if it’s one of the seasons with a lot of rain?
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited November 2021
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Gagea wrote: »

Yes, I know, I know where the place is and where the flowers are, I've gone almost daily, at all times of day or season, there's just never any option that comes up that counts as "tending when I click on them." Is there some other, extra secret meeting place, besides the one where the alter is in the circle? Cause whenever I click on any of the flowers growing there the only options are to uproot, view, or sometimes harvest, and harvesting doesn't register as fulfilling the task in the task bar. Are there different flowers than the ones growing around the alter? Can you give me some idea as to what I'm supposed to be seeing, or some advice besides "do the obvious thing the game is telling you that clearly isn't working?"

I had this issue too. I had one Sim in the Secret Society & when I got the "tend garden" task I had her show up at the Secret Society lot before 5 a.m. for several days so that the plants would get weeds & need water. But, none of the things that my Sim did to "tend" the sprites' garden ever counted. I'm not sure what you are actually supposed to do to clear the task. Eventually, I just gave up & only attempted the other Secret Society tasks.
  • Options
    PrebegPrebeg Posts: 4 New Member
    There is a solution that seems to work. Move as close to the altar as you can. Then with testingcheats on, shift click on one of the plants and "set as head". Once it's on your head, then shift click it again and choose "reset (debug)". This will put your plant back on the ground. Once the event actually starts and you're in costume, you can "say uplifting things" to the plant, and it will complete your task. But it only works once the event is in swing. You can tell, because you should see the mask icon beside the "say uplifting things" interaction.
  • Options
    mccurdysimmccurdysim Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Prebeg said:
    > There is a solution that seems to work. Move as close to the altar as you can. Then with testingcheats on, shift click on one of the plants and "set as head". Once it's on your head, then shift click it again and choose "reset (debug)". This will put your plant back on the ground. Once the event actually starts and you're in costume, you can "say uplifting things" to the plant, and it will complete your task. But it only works once the event is in swing. You can tell, because you should see the mask icon beside the "say uplifting things" interaction.

I actually tried this and it worked, thank God. But I didn't have to be in the event for it to work, it just worked. But not the water part the uplifting things works.