Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do you use mods and CC?

2...Next

Comments

• sophiesmithsimmersophiesmithsimmer Posts: 24 Member
    I use mods to improve the game, in my opinion: specifically the story progression on MCCC, it makes it so the unplayed Sims get married and have babies. Without it, my world just gets populated with new, randomly-generated adult/YA Sims and it just makes it so unrealistic to me, I like to see the NPC families grow and watch how the premade families grow too! It's fun still having Landgraabs and Goths around several generations in to a legacy.

I use some Maxis-match CC by only a few creators, and I use some of Ravasheen's functional object mini-mods to add more realism. However, I am fine playing without mods, and usually I do play without them for a bit after a patch is released.
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    Because I ain't got no money for expansions
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    I use a couple of mods just to fine tune the game to how I want to play, and CC just because I find lots of things that are to my taste. I was just saying in another thread that I couldn't live without MCC and UI Cheats!
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    The game is dull and lacks personality without the mods and cc. The mods add A LOT of missing elements to the game that flesh things out more instead of making everything so black & white. My game is my game and even if I have the same mods as other simmers, my settings are customized to my game and my play style.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    For me: Pretty much all the reasons listed. Bug Fixes, customize it for my own play-style, and CC to provide more building, clothing, and character options.

I tend to forget about the water drinking. I've had that turned off with MCCC's MCTuner for years... along with shoveling snow, drinking tea, cleaning the grill... and about a dozen other interactions...
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I only use UI Cheats and that's to get rid of mundane needs like sleeping and eating when I have more exciting things for my sims to do.

i hadn't planned to then my dr sims kept having to chase ther patients so i got mc.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    ok so iactually answer the question mc would have also been my only mod but i like big families so ui helps. then more recently mom decied no more sim games for me., but its christmas time and its bad luck to kill me til after new years so i keep breaking that one.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    bluedanube wrote: »
    Because I just want my Sims to look pretty.

Haha... *nervous laugh*

Nothing wrong with that. I like to see pretty sims in my game, too. ;)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • 100LilDreams100LilDreams Posts: 34 Member
    because there is barely any clothing diversity for males, and clothing styles in general
    the goth/alternative style is so lacking and thats with packs