Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reduce/prevent alien abductions

My family’s Plumbot gets abducted by aliens almost every night. It’s getting annoying as she automatically cancels whatever she’s doing, which is particularly unfortunate when she’s recharging.
Is there a way to stop alien abductions? Or at least substantially reduce them??

Comments

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    Apparently chances are increased if there are multiple space rocks in the inventory. The Plumbot doesn’t have any, but she does have several gems from using the board breaker.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    There is a mod on Sim Asylum that should allow you stop the abductions here, though note you do need an account https://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/4302-no-less-more-and-extreme-alien-abductions-requires-seasons-ep/?hl=alien

There's also a way with Nraas' retuner. Click on a computer or the city hall and then click Nraas, Retuner then you should get the dropdown box, click everything in this order.
    Settings>General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems > AlienUtils
    You can change the two ratios here down to reduce the bonus chance if you don't want bonuses.
    kAbductionSpaceRockBonus = 0
    kAbductionTelescopeBonus = 0

kAductionBaseChance to 0 should get rid of abductions entirely, though you can keep the alien visitors with the other settings as they are.

Just note you'll need to set these again for every other world, Nraas should have a way to import/export these settings though

I haven't figured out exactly what you can do to get rid of the Alien Pregnancy for males, but if you're like me, you can shift click delete those moodlets if they pop up.

L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I stopped the alien abductions using NRAAS mods. I had to stop the abductions in my Perfect Genetics Challenge because sims got abducted every night and the males just kept getting pregnant and the household was overrun with alien babies.

So, what I did was go to the home computer and choose...

NRAAS > Returner > Settings > General > by Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems > Alien Utils

Then there is a series of numbers with labels starting with k. I went through them and set any that related to Aliens to 0. Examples kAbductionBaseChance, kAbductionMaxSpaceRockBonus, kAbductionTelescopeBonus. I set them all to 0. I didn't worry about length of abduction as if they didn't get abducted that wouldn't matter to me.

It seems to have worked for me.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    Awesome! I don’t think I have Retuner. Since it’s a Plumbot who’s getting abducted I don’t need to worry about alien pregnancies.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Awesome! I don’t think I have Retuner. Since it’s a Plumbot who’s getting abducted I don’t need to worry about alien pregnancies.

I started using Returner when I wanted to force all babies to get an Imaginary Friend at birth. I followed the instructions to prevent them getting any Imaginary friends at birth and changed the number from 0.75 to 1. To stop them getting an IF the number needs to be 0. So when I wanted to stop Aliens I just followed the path I use to get the Imaginary Friends and chose Aliens instead.