Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modern Menswear Positive Thoughts Discussion

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited November 2021
    Not sure about these shoes with the rest of the outfit but here's my outfit inspired by the new pack :) :

DAASaal.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited November 2021
    Just here to say I love what I've seen so far about this pack. I've loved nontraditional mens couture since the mid-80s when I first started seeing it. My now-husband and I used to buy the European Vogue magazines (which were more interesting than American Vogue) and dream of having money to actually get to buy and wear the more out-there things we saw there (though he does own an early utilikilt that, sadly, no longer fits). Kits are niche; they're not as likely to be where Maxis addresses non-niche things like a big pile of everyday men's clothes that your average Sim will wear or a bunch of punk clothes (which is a style that's been around almost as long as I have). This niche just happens to be my niche. Also one of my sons would absolutely in real life wear almost everything in it if he could afford any of it ever.

(That said, though, I'd love to also see more remeshing of in-game women's wear for masculine frames. But it's never going to be the same as something designed for a masculine frame. In real life, my skinny cis male kid can wear women's shirts — which he often does, for the fit and patterns — without them making him look like he has noticeable breast tissue.)

*Kits are niche, not Kids :D
    Post edited by luthienrising on
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    (That said, though, I'd love to also see more remeshing of in-game women's wear for masculine frames. But it's never going to be the same as something designed for a masculine frame. In real life, my skinny cis male kid can wear women's shirts — which he often does, for the fit and patterns — without them making him look like he has noticeable breast tissue.)
    I've been saying this for ages! I wish they would make versions of all the feminine style clothes to fit the masculine frame and vice versa so that they fit right on sims with any frame type. Would be awesome.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited November 2021
    Not sure about these shoes with the rest of the outfit but here's my outfit inspired by the new pack :) :

DAASaal.png

That's not Professor Snape.
    That's a boggart, that is!

Riddikulus! ;)

Is he modeled after Rickman?
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I'm sorry this is a little off topic but I've never watched Schitt's Creek but I've always been interested. I just found out Martin Short (whom I adore!) is a writer/producer on the show, so I think it definitely has to be in my to-watch list. :smile:
    You lot should get comission for making the show sound so good! Haha
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    @GirlFromIpanema have you watched Only Murders in the Building? Martin Short is excellent.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    @GirlFromIpanema have you watched Only Murders in the Building? Martin Short is excellent.

I did, I'm still lost on Tuesday nights now that it's over. :lol: They've already started filming the second season I believe.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    @NightlyCoffee I approve of the guitar "outfit"

gen3-banner.png
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I am looking forward to this kit - I am liking the look of things with every item I see. It has blasted through my game and really woken up my imagination. What a difference clothes can make!
    Isharell wrote: »
    I am looking forward to this kit - I am liking the look of things with every item I see. It has blasted through my game and really woken up my imagination. What a difference clothes can make!

@Isharell
    I agree with this so much. I often see comments about how CAS and Build/Buy are not gameplay. While I totally understand that sentiment, for me, an outfit or object set can inspire a new character or a new story, taking me out of my normal, routine gameplay.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

@Isharell
    I agree with this so much. I often see comments about how CAS and Build/Buy are not gameplay. While I totally understand that sentiment, for me, an outfit or object set can inspire a new character or a new story, taking me out of my normal, routine gameplay.

Same but also there is plenty of ppl who mainly build or create sims so new items are definitely gameplay for them
    Check out my twitter and tumblr

And also yeah it actually makes me want to create some sims. It's weird cause usually I struggle with getting myself to play because of my depression but this kit might inspire me to open the game again to try making some different looking male sims.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Just please, please may that denim jacket and jeans set (black in this image) be separates. I really like that jacket. I like the jeans too, but I want to use them separately as well as together.

I really hope that too, but you're right to be concerened, could be either at this point.

Yay! The top and bottom are separate!

k09Db4z.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    I love that jacket!
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    The jacket is great. I think both pieces would benefit from being matched with other items. And I have to say, I like what I'm seeing on the stream. I don't love every piece, but the textures are incredible.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    The jacket is great. I think both pieces would benefit from being matched with other items. And I have to say, I like what I'm seeing on the stream. I don't love every piece, but the textures are incredible.

Yeah I remember the gurus talking abt the dev that is responsible for all the amazing textures recently I just can't remember who. But some ppl seemed rlly excited for the biker jacket
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I saw some of the sweaters that might actually look good on some of my male sims. I also love the pretty lacy skits & sweater dressers for my female sims.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Lots of nice tops, even bottoms and both pair of shoes. The one piece outfits, I can make them work. I really like the casual one piece with the boots. Looking forward to this kit.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Speaking as someone who makes a lot of male sims...

I have to say, I was initially not enthusiastic about the stuff in this kit, but now, after seeing the overview in the livestream, have a lot of ideas for new sims and how my existing sims can benefit from it too.
    The selection of tops is *chef's kiss*

This kit and Incheon Arrivals are probably the first two kits that I've actually seriously considered buying.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Just please, please may that denim jacket and jeans set (black in this image) be separates. I really like that jacket. I like the jeans too, but I want to use them separately as well as together.

I really hope that too, but you're right to be concerened, could be either at this point.

Yay! The top and bottom are separate!

Ah this makes me happy! The potential for mixing and matching is awesome and the jacket is really cool on its own.
    I can see a lot of my male sims wearing that jacket :smiley:
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited November 2021
    I usually don't participate in the limited threads, but I am a little surprised by all the negativity surrounding this one. I was more put off by Incheon Arrivals' drab colors!

But yeah, I think it will spice up the wardrobe. Usually my... Alt gender(?) Sims end up in something more revealing because it is more expressive, but it will be nice to have some more modest looks that still stand out.
    I really can't wait to have David join me in the shop. :D My two employees spend more time gossiping and ignoring the customers.

qOLgFDf.png

In spite of that the Black Friday sale was a success. $$$

wpyznNi.png

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2021
    I would probably try the outfits on female Sims, but I adore a lot of the sweaters and wish there were toddler and child versions of those sweaters too. The interview was interesting because they kind of alter the clothing they find in thrift stores, so it uses a lot of classic fashion inspirations such as from Vogue. The outfits remind me a lot of the baby boomer years of fashion which is always fun talking with my parents about how people were then and how they would dress and what was going on at the time.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Well David has moved in. He's not happy with the spa shop decor so today we'll be redecorating to make it a bit more neutral and calming.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited November 2021
    * snip *

WfNXnn3.jpg

I really like the jeans with a skirt on them! Wow, that looked so nice.

It is something with having a different visual than just the ordinary two sticks at the bottom. Guys usually just have pant, then you have two legs. Having a line that goes down on the side looks great to me. It catches my eyes. Much more than a skirt just going over in a horizontal line.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I spilled tea on my gaming computer so it sadly fried it the video card and power supply. I ordered a replacement so hope everyone enjoys Simming, the patch, and the kit. So sigh keep truth tea away from all computers. :s
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller