Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do we think Kits will ever go on sale?

2...Next

Comments

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Yes
    One day, sure. Also, one day they're bound to get more expensive due inflation. So sure, but maybe not really.

But I can definitely see them selling bundles of kits for cheaper.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    No
    I really doubt it. Even Stuff Packs going on sale is rare. I haven't seen kits be included in bundles yet either. Reason why Simmers wanted a $5 pack I guess which they pretty much told Gurus cheapest they would want to spend on a pack so thus kits were formed.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AxelTaylor01AxelTaylor01 Posts: 389 Member
    No
    In the near term? No, I don't think so. Ever? Maybe once Sims 5 comes along.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    No
    As far as I'm concerned, they're dirt cheap, now. How much under five American dollars would you like?

$5 isn't expensive but when they drop 9 kits that total practically the cost of an expansion with significantly less content (not just in CAS and Build/Buy content but no new world or gameplay either. And Bust the Dust is the only "gameplay" kit out of 9). So yes, in the grand scheme of things, $5/Kit is extremely overpriced when compared to the content of other packs.

Drop them to $2 or $3.

And I understand the exchange rate but here in Canada they're $7 CAD.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No
    As far as I'm concerned, they're dirt cheap, now. How much under five American dollars would you like?

Personally, I wait until any DLC is at a discounted price. As an example, a majority of the stuff packs I own only were bought between $5 to $2.50 each. None of the kits have looked worth $5 to me. I only purchase what I believe it is worth.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,487 Member
    No

I purchased all of my regular SPs for $4.99. So, to me, a kit with roughly a 1/3 of the content of an SP should be priced at most at $2.50.

Actually, considering the rate of inflation this year alone, we should be thankful the price hasn't gone up! Fully expected it, but was pleasantly surprised. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member

I purchased all of my regular SPs for $4.99. So, to me, a kit with roughly a 1/3 of the content of an SP should be priced at most at $2.50.

Actually, considering the rate of inflation this year alone, we should be thankful the price hasn't gone up! Fully expected it, but was pleasantly surprised. :)

Honestly, I am of the opinion that kits were created in part as a means for EA to raise the price of TS4 "stuff" packs without having to actually raise the price of a full standard SP. I could be wrong about that, but in any event, as I mentioned before, I agree with @sims2freak737 & @NorthDakotaGamer, that none of the available kits are worth $4.99 & I personally will not be supporting them at that price. However, others are free to disagree, buy & enjoy them. :)

• Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    No
    Highly doubt that, but it would be a dream if they get a discount of 50% bc I might buy the two CAS kits at a price of one. But we know EA...
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Yes
    Interesting to see the naysayers...
    They've been giving free trials & bug lists are plentiful. Trust, kits will be marked down if the game keeps going. I've patiently not paid full price for most of the packs I have. And I've got 'em all, except batuu.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    No
    Maybe in the future they'll bundle them, but $5 individually feels like an awfully low price to discount on.
    The cake is a lie
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    No
    Discounted, no, but I expect at some point they'll allow people to bundle them for less
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    No
    They are already cheap so I don't see how they could turn a profit making it any cheaper, at that point they might as well give them away for free (which I'm sure they will eventually as long as you pay full price for something else). I have one kit, the kitchen one, and that's it. I don't ever plan on buying the others. I don't think the Kits have performed as well as EA would have hoped and a lot of that is because all of it already exists thanks to our awesome mod community.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    No
    They should be Free !!!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but as bundles, not as individuals.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    No
    By using Origin coupon or whole store discount.

I never thought about Origin discount codes. I might have to be on the lookout for any and see if they work.
  • Grignard07Grignard07 Posts: 4 New Member
    No
    they're cheap enough to be on sale