Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Party Tips and Tricks

What are some tips and tricks for having a party where all the party guests are where you want them whether in the pool, the backyard, or movie night. You know the second the party starts, the guests are already all over the house using computers, taking showers, and doing anything and everything except what you want them to do.

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't do parties anymore. Well, not the game version of parties, anyway. But when I do have gatherings I lock entrances to all the areas where I don't want guests to go, and I might also temporarily put items I don't want them to use in household inventory. That's usually sufficient for my purposes, and it should help at least some with the timed event parties, too.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • TrineeLarsenTrineeLarsen Posts: 14 New Member
    I honestly just trap them all in with either a fence or a wall 😰 it works and is easy 💪
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    edited November 2021
    You can start a conversation with a few of them and then click in some other room and select "Chat Here" or "Sit and Chat Here"

You can also click on yourself, Actions..., Create Group, and then once the group is created click in another room and select "Go Here Together". And you can click on the stereo and "Dance Together", or clicking on cake and "Grab Serving Together" for those goals in the party event.

Or for just one sim who isn't too far away, "Call Over" under the friendly interactions tab.

I'd also suggest in general always locking computers on residential lots to the household only, unless there's a reason you want other sims to be able to use your computers.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I did a lot of party ingame lately and I think create a group is the most helpful advise and lock the doors for everyone except the household, exception the room where you want them to be. Party location is a musthave, too. The easiest is the gala Diner I think so far I prefer the Prestige over the normal Event, because I can see what I can do for more points. The only problem I had so far with the camping and the kava party, I was so close to the Gold, but lag and thunderstorms prevent this. I had a good experience with 8 or 9 guests, who were very close friends to my sim. If you don't have or can’t use mods, lock also also the door to the toilet, for your own sanity.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    If the house is a two-story, you can keep your guests on the main floor by using a strip of that yellow and black tape we got from Get Famous. Lock the computers if you have Uni, so that the guests aren't just free to use them, or better still lock the door to the computer room altogether. If you wish to serve drinks, use the Globe Bar to pour a platter of drinks, then click on the edge of the platter and you can call them to take a drink. Parties are really difficult. Mostly I stick with a Kegger the night before Uni graduation. Hope my suggestions help a bit.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    For partying I usually get the buffet table, have the sims socialize a lot, and like others said, keep some doors locked. Usually there is a stereo for dancing and a bar, and sometimes a dance floor. @GalacticGal I will have to remember to use the Globe Bar at the next one.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited November 2021
    I've found parties pretty fun when I've had them. If you want a more relaxed party you can uncheck the goaled event checkbox. I don't stress much and let the quests wander, they usually go to dancing though! So plan carefully where you place your stereo. I was also going to suggest the create a group (not club) option to control the guests if you want them in a certain place, but it's been mentioned already by @mightysprite . I always lock my computer either for parents only or household only. I don't think guests should be taking showers, that doesn't sound normal.
  • j_nellyj_nelly Posts: 20 Member
    [quote="GalacticGal;c-18011946"]If the house is a two-story, you can keep your guests on the main floor by using a strip of that yellow and black tape we got from Get Famous. Lock the computers if you have Uni, so that the guests aren't just free to use them, or better still lock the door to the computer room altogether. If you wish to serve drinks, use the Globe Bar to pour a platter of drinks, then click on the edge of the platter and you can call them to take a drink. Parties are really difficult. Mostly I stick with a Kegger the night before Uni graduation. Hope my suggestions help a bit.[/quote]

Such a great idea ill definitely be using the tape in future as people are always spread all over the house and I can never control them