Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Own Island Living? Free Trial Available

Β«1
Island Living is now available as a free trial so I was curious how many already have it.

Do You Own Island Living? Free Trial Available 118 votes

Yes
88%
crocobauraCK213icmnfrshGalacticGalIcewolfillusiealexspoom13overonMelisendremcruddIsb917shellbemebabajayneelanorbretonMariefoxprice83BoergeAarg61simgirl1010cchant86alanmichael1Sapientsimsolid 105 votes
No
11%
sunhair2008ncisGibbs02Jeansoolisasc360Cary1213DoloresGreyEricasFreePlaySimDestroyerSeklein112mightyspriteZoeyevestersulfurstylessAndriel 13 votes

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Yes
    A bit of info on the free trial.

EXPANSION PACK TRIAL
    ISLAND LIVING
    Try out the Island Living Expansion Pack for FREE until November 23! Share with your friends using the link below.

What do I need to know about the Island Living Trial?

There are a few prerequisites to using the Island Living Trial.

You must:
    Have the most up to date version of The Sims 4 installed on your PC/Mac
    Have the most up to date version of Origin installed on your PC/Mac. EA app is not currently supported by the Island Living trial.
    Claim the Island Living Trial through the Origin client, Origin.com or from The Sims 4 Main Menu.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/dlc-trial
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    No
    I don't own it, so I went and download the trial to try it for this weekend.
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    No
    I don't own it either. I heard it gets a lot of backlash and I wanted to experience the pack for myself as well. What I will say is the CAS & BB is they went off with it. I adore it. TRANSPARENT FLOOR?! Give it to me!
    Now, onto the gameplay. Regarding mermaids, is their only ability to talk to dolphins? Weak. Although, I must say the dolphins and their interactions with the Sims are adorable!
    Okay, let's move onto the less positive things about it... I thought if I had made my Sim get the "Conservationist" job I wouldd actually go with them to work like you would while playing as a vet. Moreover, I thought of it as being "oh wow Eco Lifestyle but with another aesthetic" but I remembered this came out before EL, so I cannot say that. I should bash on EL for that. Honestly, the interactions with the sand are a bunch of clicks and then I watch their animations and that's it - can't say it's something revolutionary but it's not trash either.
    I like how the pack gives you an option to make a beach lot type - it'd be perfect for vacations!

Now, what's my overall opinion about it? Do I like it or do I hate it?
    From my personal experience with it, I'd say it's a 50/50 for me. The positive things about it are CAS & BB, the aesthetic is good looking too! The dolphins are POG. A bit disappointed about the "Conservationist" job but it is what it is. Furthermore, houses on water!!!!! ON WATER!!!!

Will I buy it?
    I'm indecisive. I can download CC similar to the items included in this pack and for a vacation place... I can just... make my own beach if I really wanted to. Well, not really, it wouldn't be identical to the Sulani beaches but at least I will not pay money. So, I'm very likely not going to buy it though.

Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Yes
    I own it & love it, but I wish there was more to it. They could have added surfing, windsailing, paddle boarding & scuba diving, and also with Seasons it's cloudy & chilly there except in the summer. Sims get more warm weather & sunshine in Oasis Springs.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Yes
    I've owned it since it came out. I've loved the Mermaid Lifestate, the beautiful Island, sims being able to swim in the ocean, the Dolphin & the cool CAS. B)
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    edited November 2021
    Yes
    Definitely not worth the $40, but I’d hate not to have it, so I think $20 for it’s alright.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yes
    Wonderful world but not enough to do. It's a beautiful stage for other packs though (Eco Living, Magic Voodoo Priest, Beach Restaurant ...)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes
    Brought it on release with no regrets. Still one if my top packs 😎😎
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • AndrielAndriel Posts: 25 Member
    No
    I downloaded the trial, and I love the location. I'm not really feeling the gameplay though and I'm not sure what I'm missing. I can click on garbage to pick it up, pick up some shells, and swim. It feels on par with buying a house in ESO - there's a lot of very pretty stuff and I love the look of it, but I don't find much to actually do.
    I am very happy with the added ability to order delivery, both of fully cooked meals and groceries. It's a lot more convenient to be able to do that over having to jump from place to place and cross my fingers that I'll be able to buy what I need after I get through the load screens. I'm hoping that functionality will be available in all of my gameplay, and won't be limited to the Sulani beaches.
    I'm also loving the additions to the CAS and clothes. I was excited when I let the game roll a character and then saw my IRL hair on the Sim.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Yes
    I have it and I love it and use it a whole lot more than I expected to. It has become probably my favorite EP. I love to play Sims who live there (Pirates, Mermaids and a Voodoo Mambo) as well as have a Sim just visit. The longer I've played in Sulani the more little surprises and sort of "hidden" gameplay I've discovered. For example, I didn't realize there were little random things that could happen to your Sim while just swimming, like being pulled out to deeper waters in the current. Then of course, while in deeper waters, you risk being attacked by sharks, which is lovely. I'm so afraid of the buoy areas, lol. Meanwhile, back on land, there are little natural festivals happening now and then and the locals are very active doing their own thing. Each island segment is different and has different gameplay around it, even if it's small.

The Mermaids are awesome and as an Occult player I'm really happy to have them, even though they weren't on my personal wish list. I like that they have some more sinister Siren powers as well as some funny animations and interactions. Summoning storms (if you have Seasons), enchanting/cursing with songs and summoning ocean threats are so much fun to play with. I have both evil Sirens and friendly Merfolk in my game and I play them very differently.

For anyone who wants to know more about the possibilities with this pack, take a look at Carl's page, he has a lot of great information. :)https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/islandliving/
    #Team Occult
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited November 2021
    Yes
    Yes I have it :blush:

though I've definitely been missing my Sulani vibes lately while playing other things :sweat_smile:

been working on building St Taz into modern tourist hub for some time

and i want to keep local vibes for village

unsure about volcano part maybe it should be for the survival vibes... or tribes...but i also kinda want pirates... hmmmnh
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yes
    I like the pack but I definitely think Mermaids would benefit from more depth.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yes
    I own it, and I love it. It's one of my favorite expansions.
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    Yes
    Own it and love it. Sims 4 turned out to be a good game after it was beefed up a bit. Just not happy with the lack of open world now.
    It does have some problems don't get me wrong, but in the beginning there was nothing to do, and now it has enough.
    Island living is one of my favorite game packs of Sims 4 which is no surprise to me because Sims 3 Island Paradise was one of my favs.
    Like it but really ready for something new. Its nothing against Sims 4 its just that games get stale after a while. Some people like challenges, and a new game presents that.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Yes
    Yep, I own it, and I really like it. Sulani is beautiful and I love playing there. It's a fab vacation spot. I also like the conservationist career even though lots of people think it's boring. The pack does have unused potential, especially the Mermaids.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,034 Member
    Yes
    I didn't own it until the trial, but I tried it, loved it, now I own it. Perfect as a vacation spot for the save I have now, but I look forward to more gameplay later in future saves. The one thing that I really love is that the area feels different than the rest of the game, and that the activities there are unique. That is something I would wish with more packs, worlds that feel unique from other areas with lot types and activities that do not exist elsewhere.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Yes
    I love my family going to the beach. The dolphins are a nice touch. What I don't like is:
    1. No mermaid underwater world
    2. No houseboats
    3. No hammocks
    4. Needed more bathing suits

Would put hotels because Sims3 had all that and so much more that 4 is rediculous.

Still adds enough to buy.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    No
    I played the trial for a couple of hours but idk I just missed my other sims too much and I feel like I have plenty still to explore and figure out in the packs I already have. Maybe if I get bored with what I already have, I'll add this one. The world is beautiful, mermaids could be fun, I liked snorkeling with shift-tab mode on, and I thought it was completely hilarious that when you have a party in Sulani the entire neighborhood shows up with the "Guest" tag over their heads regardless of whether you invited them or not.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes
    I own it and love it.
    Yes
    I love my family going to the beach. The dolphins are a nice touch. What I don't like is:
    1. No mermaid underwater world
    2. No houseboats
    3. No hammocks
    4. Needed more bathing suits

Would put hotels because Sims3 had all that and so much more that 4 is rediculous.

Still adds enough to buy.

This and also boats are restricted to one sim.
    edited November 2021
    Yes
    With rentals now IL is even better. I use those two premade empty houses as rentals.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yes
    I can see why it is a weaker EP, but I own and love IL. Sulani is one of my fav worlds.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Yes
    It's a beautiful world. I haven't played in it extensively; I mostly use it for a quickie vacation. I like sending my sims out to sunbathe - boy can they get dark! It's nice that it takes a few days for the tan to go away, that makes it more real.

I bought it at 50% off and am very satisfied.
    Yes
    Ah yes a hammock would be nice.
    I love to live there as well as take my sims there just to hang out, swim etc.
    Yes
    With rentals now IL is even better. I use those two premade empty houses as rentals.

yes ! Was so happy when they made the rentals.