Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Decades Challenge: How do you manage time?

Whenever i hear about Decades Challenges (in any iteration) i always wonder:
- How many sim days represent a year/decade for you?
- In which lifespan you play?

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Someone? :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    You might find this helpful while waiting for responses.

Aging is an important part of the game as it helps to determine when you change decades! Some people play this challenge so that as each new heir becomes a young adult the decade changes, and that is certainly the most simple way to play.

However, if you want to be a bit more exact, you can track each Sim day to know exactly when to switch decades. Using the Normal Sim Lifespan as a guide, we will assume that each Sim day is 6 months, so every 2 days the year changes, and every 20 days the decade changes.

So based on a Normal Sim Lifespan, Sims will automatically age up according to the approximate schedule:

Baby: 3 days, ages up at 1.5 years old
    Toddler: 7 days, ages up at 5 years old
    Child: 13 days, ages up at 11.5 years old
    Teen: 13 days, ages up at 18 years old
    Young Adult: 24 days, ages up at 30 years old
    Adult: 24 days, ages up at 42 years old
    Elder: 10 days, dies at 47 years old

https://cutecoffeegal.com/decadeschallengerules/decades-challenge-rules-aging-time/
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    This might sound weird, but I kinda manage time according to every family generation and the sim's age, like... you know a healthy person would live around 80-90 years, so when the oldest sims in my household die, I know it's been around 80 sims years and so on...
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    I follow Morbid Gamer on twitch . She streams decades challenge. She counts 4 days as a year if that helps. :)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Thank you all 🙂🙂🙂
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    When I've started with this challenge I've decided to play with 8 days = 1 year, because I was really attached to my sims before and couldn't let them go. That gave me plenty of time to say goodbye them, and it worked. I think that was a good decision in the end, sometimes the years went very slowly, sometimes I wonder where the days are suddenly gone. The last one happened mostly when the new generation took over or when I made the deathroll on every household or when I rotate with the background families. Although I'm not sure if I would play with 8 days again, I think six days a good enough for me now.