Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modern Menswear Positive Thoughts Discussion

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    9 out of 10 I will end up getting this kit. (I always do)I'm still waiting to give my full opinion once we see everything it comes with and I do have a few male sims in skirts from either Sulani or villages I create. But overall there has got to be SOMETHING I like in here😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Yeah all these outfits look like it was made specifically for David rose lol

Plus I love new and different designs. Some ppl say we need more basics but I feel like masculine clothing generally looks a lot more basic compared to feminine styles not just in the sims. I love that this kits comes with a lot of stylized masculine wear. Yes not all my sims will wear this but it encourages me to make more male sims that have different styles. Most of them just wear basic stuff because even cc is pretty much basic so this kit would give me a lot more variety than even cc.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    No matter how strong my opinions are regarding this particular kit, I always love seeing people excited for new content. That’s what matters at the end of the day and that’s why I always enjoy visiting the positivity threads.

I’m curious about how you folks will use the items. If you inspire me enough there’s even a chance - albeit slim - that I might get it! 😊
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    If this kit is like the other CAS kits, then the textures are going to be amazing. The style isn't my cup of tea; Men in nice fitting jeans and t-shirts or henleys make my heart flutter. I do appreciate adding more unique apparel for men, though.

It's hard to judge when I haven't seen the full CAS content, but from what's been shown so far, this kit's style gives me major high fashion/runway vibes. So, that's how I'm going to use it.

My main sim models often. I often find it really challenging to dress him in unique clothing for each photoshoot and runway show, so this kit will give me some more options. Unpopular opinion, but I really like Moschino Stuff because of the high fashion clothing, but mostly because I really love the gameplay added... Fashion photography and magazine covers! Most of my sims won't wear the clothes for everyday wear, but it's nice having the options for special occasions and modeling opportunities.

Here's my magazine wall for my sim. I even tried to make that ugly Moschino outfit work:
    E6OIYgP.png

I'm looking forward to having my sim model with some of the new clothes from the kit. It's not what I expected from a menswear kit, but I think I can still have fun with it.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    The focus has been on the mini skirt of this pack but there’s some wonderful new styles that I think future men WILL wear and that makes me giddy. It’s about time men branched out from jeans and sweats. Even the suit needs a total update.

Can’t wait to use this pack and if you want some ideas on styling for it, go here: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2021-menswear/stefan-cooke
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I'm a big Daniel Levy fan and just adore his character David Rose in Schitt's Creek.

I'm going to add David to one of my two households. My sim Juliette recently moved out of the family home to pursue her own adventures. She is now the owner of a lovely shop selling spa related items.

Iqe6UuI.png

David will be her bestie as well as help out in the shop. He also has a shop in the show. Rose Apothecary.

Consistent with his namesake, David will pursue the Joke Star aspiration. One I've never tried. And then maybe Master Actor. Another I've never tried.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Every time someone mentions David Rose, I want to start talking about the show. At length and in depth. :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited November 2021
    Every time someone mentions David Rose, I want to start talking about the show. At length and in depth. :D

IKR? 😄 I wasn't even aware until I by chance watched an episode on Netflix or Hulu. I can remember which. I was hooked and binged all 6 seasons. I'm ready to watch again.
  • Options

IKR? 😄 I wasn't even aware until I by chance watched an episode on Netflix or Hulu. I can remember which. I was hooked and binged all 6 seasons. I'm ready to watch again.

Me too! I only watched it last year. And it's on my re-watch list for the holidays. It's just the right combination of hilarious and smart, absurd and relatable that makes it worth to take that journey again.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member

Me too! I only watched it last year. And it's on my re-watch list for the holidays. It's just the right combination of hilarious and smart, absurd and relatable that makes it worth to take that journey again.

Absolutely! I had no idea what the show was about when I watched the first episode, I thought it would be another cheeky comedy poking fun at rich people, but the journey of the story turned out to be surprisingly wholesome and satisfying.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    If this kit is like the other CAS kits, then the textures are going to be amazing. The style isn't my cup of tea; Men in nice fitting jeans and t-shirts or henleys make my heart flutter. I do appreciate adding more unique apparel for men, though.

It's hard to judge when I haven't seen the full CAS content, but from what's been shown so far, this kit's style gives me major high fashion/runway vibes. So, that's how I'm going to use it.

My main sim models often. I often find it really challenging to dress him in unique clothing for each photoshoot and runway show, so this kit will give me some more options. Unpopular opinion, but I really like Moschino Stuff because of the high fashion clothing, but mostly because I really love the gameplay added... Fashion photography and magazine covers! Most of my sims won't wear the clothes for everyday wear, but it's nice having the options for special occasions and modeling opportunities.

Here's my magazine wall for my sim. I even tried to make that ugly Moschino outfit work:
    E6OIYgP.png

I'm looking forward to having my sim model with some of the new clothes from the kit. It's not what I expected from a menswear kit, but I think I can still have fun with it.

I didn’t know you could have magazine covers with your sims pictures on them!
  • Options

I love schitts creek and if you plan to buy this kit I can't wait to see you styling some sims in the new items
  • Options
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I love schitts creek and if you plan to buy this kit I can't wait to see you styling some sims in the new items

Thank you! Well, I say and really do think I'm still on the fence about this kit, but seriously. It's a CAS kit. Does anyone who's seen my thread really think I will be able to resist? :D

we all try ...
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    @Netzspannung if anything, you can make the clothes work. We haven't even seen everything right? I mean the CAS items may be geared for "men", but hopefully Maxis tailored the clothes to look good on the ladies too. Cuz that's what I'ma do for the skirts. :)

The sweaters and shoes are nice imo. I'm curious about the swatches.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    @BlkBarbiegal Thank you! :) I have also seen some things I really like and am incredibly curious about the swatches. The shoes look very nice, I agree, and I am still overusing the dress shoes from the Vintage Glamour pack, so yeah. Chances of me not getting the kit are very slim. :D And while I do think we need more basics for male Sims - at least some of which should come in a BG update - I do appreciate the effort to add something different and daring. I dress a lot of male Sims in my game and giving males a distinctive style is still not that easy to do. And the kits so far have helped with that. So fingers crossed that this kit contains items to let us be creative (less full body, more tops and bottoms) and a variety of swatches.

we all try ...
  • Options
    @BlkBarbiegal Thank you! :) I have also seen some things I really like and am incredibly curious about the swatches. The shoes look very nice, I agree, and I am still overusing the dress shoes from the Vintage Glamour pack, so yeah. Chances of me not getting the kit are very slim. :D And while I do think we need more basics for male Sims - at least some of which should come in a BG update - I do appreciate the effort to add something different and daring. I dress a lot of male Sims in my game and giving males a distinctive style is still not that easy to do. And the kits so far have helped with that. So fingers crossed that this kit contains items to let us be creative (less full body, more tops and bottoms) and a variety of swatches.

Yeah even with more basics I think dressing male sims won't be as fun without more different styles. I think more basics in bg would be a good idea and would at least satisfy a lot of ppl.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I will always get anything that includes more CAS items. I love the denim outfit that has been shown from this Kit. I will be getting it when it is released.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited November 2021
    I think a lot of the tops would pair well with better pants from EA or CC (and of course existing skirts that work OK on masc frames...) I like one thread that's not full of thinly masked hate against gender non-conforming men. The skirts are fine. I really like the texture on the brown and white one in the promo pics. Sorry the 21st century is leaving some of you (not here) behind. :^(
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited November 2021
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I'm a big Daniel Levy fan and just adore his character David Rose in Schitt's Creek.

I'm going to add David to one of my two households. My sim Juliette recently moved out of the family home to pursue her own adventures. She is now the owner of a lovely shop selling spa related items.

Iqe6UuI.png

David will be her bestie as well as help out in the shop. He also has a shop in the show. Rose Apothecary.

Consistent with his namesake, David will pursue the Joke Star aspiration. One I've never tried. And then maybe Master Actor. Another I've never tried.

I just love this.
    I rarely create sims based on characters from tv shows or movies, even though I often think: “wouldn’t it be great to create such and such from this flick or that show?”
    I created Hunter S.(im) Thompson once and let the guy loose in Strangerville and I must say it proved to be a very suitable environment for him. He was one of the main reasons I bought the throw back fit kit because it includes his signature bucket hat! 😅

Now, since the announcement of this modern man kit all I’ve been hearing is “Shitt’s Creek” and “David Rose”. I must admit I’m getting real curious now! The name of the show resonates with me, so we’re off to a good start, haha. Plus there can never be enough comedy in my life and I feel inclined to give this series a go.

Judging by the images of David Rose I’ve seen on Google, I’m confident enough to say that I actually like his style. I haven’t seen any pictures of him wearing that particular school girl skirt - which still gives me shivers up my spine - but who knows, maybe the show does enough for me to add those woolly jumpers and other items to my collection!
    And regardless of my big mouth, it’s not that hard to win me over. 😆
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    well I'm glad people are happy with the kit I hope people buy it so we can get more men cas sets.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

Judging by the images of David Rose I’ve seen on Google, I’m confident enough to say that I actually like his style. I haven’t seen any pictures of him wearing that particular school girl skirt - which still gives me shivers up my spine - but who knows, maybe the show does enough for me to add those woolly jumpers and other items to my collection!
    And regardless of my big mouth, it’s not that hard to win me over. 😆

As a lover of the show I have to say this: David is actually not known for wearing skirts, just for being fashionable. He wouldn't wear a short skirt without a pair of trousers and a designer sweater.

we all try ...
  • Options
    Yeah David mostly wear sweaters like in the kit. And like some are long kinda like a dress but wears pants with them.
  • Options
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Yeah David mostly wear sweaters like in the kit. And like some are long kinda like a dress but wears pants with them.

Exactly. So I can definitely see why the kit gets people to think of David, but it's not because he liked to show his legs, quite the opposite.

we all try ...