Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They should do a stuff pack for men.

Comments

• PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    I often don't max out the careers on purpose because in the game there are premade characters who has the leading role already and I don't want my Sims sitting behind a desk. In the criminal career the top criminal is Jacques Villareal, In the business career my Sims woirk for the Landgraab company and there is no way she will be CEO, My Cop Sim wont be the Chief of police, My agent Sim will not be M. Should they by accident achieve that goal I demote them using cheats.

So….tell me again….how is this related to a stuff pack for men? 🧐

Well it was actually ment for another thread and there you would find it spot on, not so much in this thread...sorry!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    I often don't max out the careers on purpose because in the game there are premade characters who has the leading role already and I don't want my Sims sitting behind a desk. In the criminal career the top criminal is Jacques Villareal, In the business career my Sims woirk for the Landgraab company and there is no way she will be CEO, My Cop Sim wont be the Chief of police, My agent Sim will not be M. Should they by accident achieve that goal I demote them using cheats.

So….tell me again….how is this related to a stuff pack for men? 🧐

Well it was actually ment for another thread and there you would find it spot on, not so much in this thread...sorry!

Haha, no worries! I figured that’s what happened.
    There’s me going all the way back in the thread trying to understand what it meant within the context of the discussion.
    “CEOs? Chief of Police? M? What am I missing here?”😅

• eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    edited November 2021
    The entire pack is one big ad for Stefan Cooke and his clothing brand. The article was in Vogue and it's clear it's just an advertisement collab to go buy his clothes. They could have just not collabed with anybody and made clothing and accessories based off brands like Adidas, Champion, Puma, Reebok, Nike, etcetera. Why even have real life brands at all? It takes away from the immersion in my opinion. But I guess they're going with whoever's going to cut that check.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    The entire pack is one big ad for Stefan Cooke and his clothing brand. The article was in Vogue and it's clear it's just an advertisement collab to go buy his clothes. They could have just not collabed with anybody and made clothing and accessories based off brands like Adidas, Champion, Puma, Reebok, Nike, etcetera. Why even have real life brands at all? It takes away from the immersion in my opinion. But I guess they're going with whoever's going to cut that check.

I like the Ikea Stuff pack for Sims 2. I was able to find the exact furniture in the game that was in my apartment. So using mainstream brands is fine. But couture high-end stuff doesn't make sense.

I want to support men in skirts. But I don't want to support elitist fashion. So I'm torn.
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 446 Member
    Eh, I have pretty much given up on this game already. They just don't get it.
    They won't allow male sims to be anything else than feminine gay supermodels.

Nothing wrong with feminine gay men by the way, but other kinds of men exist as well. Like you know, men with body hair. Or messy hair on their head that is not styled. Or wearing plain jeans.

It's why I stick pretty much to Sims 3 and don't intend to spend any more money on sims 4.
    Sims 3 has some gender bias in favour of women, but it's pretty mild compared to this game.

There's dive bars, bikes, sport cars, traits that actually do something so can allow more masculine personalities depending on trait combinations, animations aren't so feminine for men, they can have body hair, way more facial hair options, lots more good clothes options, a better selection of occupations, more skills, there's drums, actually dangerous adventures to far off locations, martial arts..

I mean, Sims 4 has star wars but even that they managed to botch up by basing it on the lame theme park, only having sequel content which is not that popular and still not even getting Rey's outfit remotely right, letting you have Kylo Ren's lightsaber and other disappointments.
    And also limiting it to a game pack.
    Should have been a full expansion featuring content of the whole movie series and clothes from the actual movies instead of mostly weird junk that barely looks like Star Wars.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited November 2021
    @eternalrainn

Louis Vuitton is in Fortnite, the luxury brands want to reach the young people.
    Adidas and co. are already very popular, they don't need more advertising.

After Moschino Stuff, a survey asked us if we wanted another brand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Will they ever do anything for men that isn't feminized?

If I understood the articles, just Maxis was looking for a menswear designer.

The skirt outfits came later as the signature of Stefan Cooke but it's probably only 3 of 23 items.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

The skirt outfits came later as the signature of Stefan Cooke but it's probably only 3 of 23 items.

The rest is slashed sweaters. :lol:
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think now men will be getting a better balance of men's clothes in packs. But we really could have used a boost that was bigger than a tiny Kit Pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    rhalius wrote: »
    Eh, I have pretty much given up on this game already. They just don't get it.
    They won't allow male sims to be anything else than feminine gay supermodels.

Nothing wrong with feminine gay men by the way, but other kinds of men exist as well. Like you know, men with body hair. Or messy hair on their head that is not styled. Or wearing plain jeans.

It's why I stick pretty much to Sims 3 and don't intend to spend any more money on sims 4.
    Sims 3 has some gender bias in favour of women, but it's pretty mild compared to this game.

There's dive bars, bikes, sport cars, traits that actually do something so can allow more masculine personalities depending on trait combinations, animations aren't so feminine for men, they can have body hair, way more facial hair options, lots more good clothes options, a better selection of occupations, more skills, there's drums, actually dangerous adventures to far off locations, martial arts..

I mean, Sims 4 has star wars but even that they managed to botch up by basing it on the lame theme park, only having sequel content which is not that popular and still not even getting Rey's outfit remotely right, letting you have Kylo Ren's lightsaber and other disappointments.
    And also limiting it to a game pack.
    Should have been a full expansion featuring content of the whole movie series and clothes from the actual movies instead of mostly weird junk that barely looks like Star Wars.

There's also gay men with body hair....actually body hair being absent is so frustrating. I feel like I can't create my family. Maybe I should consider being outraged at the game not being inclusive enough by body hair being absent. THAT'S A JOKE. Probably in very bad taste, and I'm sorry for any offense but I'm not sorry I say it, because while I'm not outraged, I do feel we can't really recreate that portion of ourselves.

but in truth, does it fall into the category with missing height variations and missing options for someone with a disability as well? We cannot make our Sims selves if we fall into those categories. As a member of the LBGTQIA+ community, I totally applaud EA for bringing so many different gender identity and preference options into the game. I applaud EA for bringing options where many races, heritages and nationalities can be represented (I realize not all the same thing), as well as many skin tones to allow us to create as close as ourselves as possible should be prefer.

Unlike Height and options for disabilities, there shouldn't be a lot of coding to go into body hair. It's like an extra layer of skin or clothing, visual and not really interactive with objects. At any rate, it's not represented, so it does feel like many male Sims are being put into a small corner in terms of that world.

Also agree with other types of lifestyles and that's been something I'd love to see in the game. Though I guess it could be potentially offensive for stereotyping as well. I'd love to see a Sims: Cultures expansion that brings in more items from various non-nationality based cultures and hobbies. It's nice to see Pride items being embraced, but there's other lifestyles, hobbies and forms of identity that aren't present yet in game (To clarify I'm not equating LBGTQIA+ with a hobby, that falls in with lifestyles and identity).
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think Body Hair will be base game - or we'll get at least one body hair base game, and a couple others in a pack. Probably a Werewolf pack.

Remember, that's a lot of texturing.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    edited November 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »

The rest is slashed sweaters. :lol:

It might be difficult to find new ideas 21 years later.

But the other games like Resident Evil, Heavy Rain or Saints Row have good clothes.
    Maybe the inspiration could come from the "boys" games.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The positive point : Pandora's box is opened !
    Maxis proved Male Packs are possible in TS4, it will be difficult to say 'No!' for more content.

Particularly if the sales are high for Modern Menswear Kit.

I recommend getting this kit to show them that the male content pays off and it doesn't deserve to be neglected.
    I'd prefer to make it clear that is not the type of "male" content I want to see. Now if they ever make a real pack with clothes you actually see men wearing I'd be first to buy it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    The positive point : Pandora's box is opened !
    Maxis proved Male Packs are possible in TS4, it will be difficult to say 'No!' for more content.

Particularly if the sales are high for Modern Menswear Kit.

I recommend getting this kit to show them that the male content pays off and it doesn't deserve to be neglected.
    I'd prefer to make it clear that is not the type of "male" content I want to see. Now if they ever make a real pack with clothes you actually see men wearing I'd be first to buy it.

I agree. I would like to see a pack focused on male (masculine) clothing as well.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

There's also gay men with body hair....actually body hair being absent is so frustrating. I feel like I can't create my family. Maybe I should consider being outraged at the game not being inclusive enough by body hair being absent. THAT'S A JOKE. Probably in very bad taste, and I'm sorry for any offense but I'm not sorry I say it, because while I'm not outraged, I do feel we can't really recreate that portion of ourselves.

but in truth, does it fall into the category with missing height variations and missing options for someone with a disability as well? We cannot make our Sims selves if we fall into those categories. As a member of the LBGTQIA+ community, I totally applaud EA for bringing so many different gender identity and preference options into the game. I applaud EA for bringing options where many races, heritages and nationalities can be represented (I realize not all the same thing), as well as many skin tones to allow us to create as close as ourselves as possible should be prefer.

Unlike Height and options for disabilities, there shouldn't be a lot of coding to go into body hair. It's like an extra layer of skin or clothing, visual and not really interactive with objects. At any rate, it's not represented, so it does feel like many male Sims are being put into a small corner in terms of that world.

Body hair is for everyone and it’s ridiculous that it is still absent from our 7 year old Sims 4 CAS menu. Werewolves or not.
    At this point in the game’s life, height sliders and gameplay features that include disabilities & mobility issues would be extremely challenging on a technical level, plus it’s quite difficult to gauge what’s considered offensive or not. Especially in the Year Snowflake ‘21.
    I agree that adding body hair should not be a problem, in whatever kind of shape or form that may be.

I do believe a lot of folks find the idea of body hair on their sims repulsive, so I guess it’s always been near the bottom of Maxis’ priority list. To a lot of simmers adding body hair wouldn’t even make sense unless it came in a Werewolves GP pre-patch. Because growl and fur. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    To add to that, not many simmers, especially men, have been complaining about this non-inclusiveness and if they did, I’m not sure if they’d be taken very seriously.

This particular installment of the sims doesn’t really seem to be geared toward male players anyway, in particular NON-LGTBQ male players. By that I mean straight, ordinary fools like myself.
    On several occasions I’ve been told to play a different game, because there’s already enough boy games out there and I should keep my big mouth shut and go play car games if I want cars and shoot at a bunch of NPCs. Ofcourse I will, but excuse me, I also like playing with my Dollies, and some of them gotta be hairy, masculine Dollies. 😝
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2021
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

Body hair is for everyone and it’s ridiculous that it is still absent from our 7 year old Sims 4 CAS menu. Werewolves or not.
    At this point in the game’s life, height sliders and gameplay features that include disabilities & mobility issues would be extremely challenging on a technical level, plus it’s quite difficult to gauge what’s considered offensive or not. Especially in the Year Snowflake ‘21.
    I agree that adding body hair should not be a problem, in whatever kind of shape or form that may be.

I do believe a lot of folks find the idea of body hair on their sims repulsive, so I guess it’s always been near the bottom of Maxis’ priority list. To a lot of simmers adding body hair wouldn’t even make sense unless it came in a Werewolves GP pre-patch. Because growl and fur. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    To add to that, not many simmers, especially men, have been complaining about this non-inclusiveness and if they did, I’m not sure if they’d be taken very seriously.

This particular installment of the sims doesn’t really seem to be geared toward male players anyway, in particular NON-LGTBQ male players. By that I mean straight, ordinary fools like myself.
    On several occasions I’ve been told to play a different game, because there’s already enough boy games out there and I should keep my big mouth shut and go play car games if I want cars and shoot at a bunch of NPCs. Ofcourse I will, but excuse me, I also like playing with my Dollies, and some of them gotta be hairy, masculine Dollies. 😝

I want more male clothing I see every day. I don't see a lot of guys in my area dressed in mini skirts. Maxis calls this the 'modern man' kit. Well, I googled styles for the 'modern man' clothes, and not one picture of style was of guys in mini skirts. I saw a lot of clothes in those pics I wish they would put in a pack for males in TS4. There aren't too many people wearing skin tight pants that tapper at the ankle so tight you have to blast them off when you want to change clothes. That may be the styles in LA but not every where and I wish Maxis would have considered the rest of the male population rather than designer clothes that not many would buy nor could afford anyway. I come from a large family of males, none dress in the type of styles in this kit. Nor do they wear the tapered pants in TS4. They wear more than jeans and T-shirts, I wish Maxis would consider a pack for males and add body hair, because yeah, some of them are hairy. None of them wax or use facial creams so it may be a style of life in LA but not every where, it may be a growing trend in London, but not every where on a day to day basis.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited November 2021
    Its correct title should be Falls/Winter '21 Menswear Fashion Runway
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    and new arm wrestling table so you can show off those muscles.
    But I would love an arm wrestling table. It could be part of the gaming table interactions:

Play cards with...
    Play that llama game with...
    Play sabacc with...
    Armwrestle with...
    Throw Table...

Anyway. I don’t think we need a Man Stuff pack. Just make those pants look less awkward on our sims in the next 30 packs and give the boys a bit more in general. And don’t bejewel them pants. None of that now.
    Just Plain. Comfy. Classy.

We could use a new body hair menu though. Make them count at least.
    And more man buns. [/quote]

rofl

There are still rooms for more content, I'm curious to know how far Maxis will go.

The Sims 4 is 8 years old the job isn't over yet, more gameplay is also expected.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    There are still rooms for more content, I'm curious to know how far Maxis will go.

The Sims 4 is 8 years old the job isn't over yet, more gameplay is also expected.

Actually 7 years and 5 months on February 2.
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 446 Member
    Let's see if they will care about men in the next game, but I doubt it. With the way men keep getting less content with each new instalment maybe men won't even be playable at all in the next game or they'll just remove all facial hair and hairstyles since god forbid there'd be a smidge of content that isn't focused on women.

Seriously, there's endless make up options and still only like 10 beards.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Considering a webpack is coming, men will probably get a tuxedo and the women 10000 weddingdresses
    edited January 2022
    rhalius wrote: »
    Seriously, there's endless make up options and still only like 10 beards.

True

They probably keep it for the "growing beard" update :p
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on