Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do we think Kits will ever go on sale?

Do you think Kits will ever be discounted? For example, with the holidays coming up or anniversary sales?

Do we think Kits will ever go on sale? 166 votes

Yes
14%
mollymegan82RubyxAngelg01denswanbarracuda1574lisasc360FelicityHaitakaYBNS2468SnaveXsColton147147musteniLoanetDominicLaurencemikamakimonDrakosAeonpixelssarabeth2984PlumbeebTequila_Rose_13191Zoeyevester 24 votes
No
85%
auroraael14julienrob2004verlainemGoth583GalacticGalIcewolfillusiePinkPaws66bandit5alexspoom13Oolonglongsims2freak737Monet11overonakirabauschimhappyMi9shaoscarSimpatsyannMontrase102Melisendre 142 votes

Comments

• SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I hope so because there are a few kits I’m interested in, but I refuse to buy dlc at full price.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    No
    Probably not. Seeing how so many people keep saying "It's only $5", I doubt EA is going to shoot themselves in the foot by catering to the seemingly much smaller crowd that says "This stuff is overpriced, I'll only buy it when it goes on sale".
    Besides, it's not like this type of content is in any way designed to entice people to further expand their game (and thus spend more money). It's just teeny tiny collections of rather niche stuff.
    As much as I'd like to be wrong (because I do think kits are overpriced and won't buy them for that reason), I don't see it happening. Also taking into account how rare stuff pack sales already are, and those are a tier (or two) up compared to kits.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I think this winter, black Friday and the sale for the holidays, will tell if they ever go on sale. I can't say yet.
    I hope they go on sale when origin has a general sale, a certain percentage on all games. But I don't expect them to become part of the 'regular' sales when just a few sims DLC are on sale.

There are two or three I would get on sale, but not at full price because they are too expensive compared to other types of packs,especially stuff packs.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    No
    As they’re £5 already I can’t see them going less. Maybe one day… 🤞

The option to bundle them would be good. Buy 3 get one free etc. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited November 2021
    Yes
    Ever is a long time. I don't think they'll go on a sale for years, stuff packs didn't at first either. This year, I think absolutely not.
    Post edited by musteni on
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Yes
    Kits are relatively new still, so that's probably why we haven't seen any go on sale yet. I imagine they will be at some point though, just like any other pack.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    No
    They're $5... lol We're lucky to even see the stuff packs go on sale from time to time.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • GermanShepherd47GermanShepherd47 Posts: 1 New Member
    No
    No as they are only like 5 dollars so theres no point for ea to put them on sale
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    No
    I don't know if they will ever go on sale, but if/when they add more gameplay kits (which, granted, take longer and require more testing) I could see a "build your own bundle" deal with three kits for like $12usd or something.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    No
    I wonder if they can be bundled at a discount in the future.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited November 2021
    No
    Double post don’t ask me why.
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    No
    $5 is a discount price point already. I don't think they need to lower that any further.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    No
    I don't think so. Some form of kit bundle, maybe, but I see even that as unlikely.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Yes
    I think once kit sales start decreasing they will go on sale. They are still new and shiny now, and lots of people are buying them at full price. :smile:
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    No
    I think they should go on sale, but I don't think they will anytime soon.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    No
    doubtful, not that i would buy them anyway but yeah I doubt it.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Yes
    Once they have enough of them, they'll probably bundle them. Sims 3 store items still go on dramatic sales all of the time to keep people interested in them.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    No
    I doubt they will. Stuff Packs rarely get discounted so I think the lower cost packs are usually pretty fixed in price.
    #Team Occult
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    No
    They're $5... lol We're lucky to even see the stuff packs go on sale from time to time.

$5/Kit adds up... We already have what is it, 9 kits total (that includes upcoming menswear Kit) which is $45 in kits alone. That's the practically a full Expansion price for significantly less content. Content not just referring to CAS and BB items but gameplay features, world addition, etc.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    EA should put kits on sale because IMHO at $4.99, they are overpriced for the amount of content that they offer. However, I do not think that kits will go on sale at all this year. Sales on Origin this year, as a whole, have been disappointing.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    No
    As far as I'm concerned, they're dirt cheap, now. How much under five American dollars would you like?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I sure hope we get sales. I'd actually like Bust the Dust one day, assuming they ever get around to tuning it. But Kits are almost $8 in my country, which is a pretty ridiculous price for what little they offer.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    As far as I'm concerned, they're dirt cheap, now. How much under five American dollars would you like?

I purchased all of my regular SPs for $4.99. So, to me, a kit with roughly a 1/3 of the content of an SP should be priced at most at $2.50.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited November 2021
    No
    I seriously doubt it. Many people spend more than that on a cup of coffee or tea at a coffee house or tea room. I don't mean that like, "Dude, its so cheap" Just, when people spend more on less daily, many are going to spend the 5 for "permanent" content without blinking and EA's less likely to lower the price for those who won't.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    No
    I seriously doubt it, but who knows? Maybe after a few years.
    Sales on Origin this year, as a whole, have been disappointing.

Absolutely. I was rather irked to find that in the current Origin sale, Cottage Living is only 38% off. I steadfastly refuse to buy an expansion pack at more than half price. I'm hoping it will be 50% off during the Christmas sale this year.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.