Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats your overall reception on kits so far?

Comments

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I do not like kits because of the content.
    I thought I was going to be more impressed by the content in them but I really haven't been.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    We have so far 4 cas kits, 4 bb kits and only 1 gameplay kit... I still think there's potential in gameplay kits, i hope they haven't gave up on them!
    So far from the 8 bb and cas kits, Courtyard Oasis is the only one i would buy... I have no interest in bb and cas, but i looove tiles :smiley:
    I also think that if they were released in between more frequent eps and gps, the acceptance would be better...
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,937 Member
    Well I was never big fan of the kit idea in first place

but the kits they have released have not convinced me that i needed kits in my game

sure courtyard oasis was cool and i got it but it would have been more cool as bigger pack tbh

and I also quite like the fashion street kit items but i did get it in forum giveaway and i did still feel like it would have also been better theme for bigger pack

and as for most of the other kits its too similar to things i already get from existing packs so its meh

in general i just feel like kits didn't need to be a thing and if they did they should come with some more... interesting stuff

but maybe thats cause I hang out at forgotten hollow too much and none of this really strikes vlads fancy
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2021
    I like kits. I like the price & amount, but I wish the content was different. (I.e want more gameplay)
    I like kits. I always wanted the store that ts3 players had. Though I have not been 100% satisfied with kits. Personally I feel like they are missing opportunities. They say it's for niche content but it's actually not very niche at all if you ask me.
    Maybe I'm misinterpreting the word niche but it makes me think of things a little more "out there" then plant or cultural kits.
    And things more geared towards specific kind of playstyles.
    Like the cultural kits for example, besides the fact that it's cool to see different styles and they are really nice, in the game I have not found a place for any of them so far. I really don't play hyper realistic races and cultures. The sims world is a whole other realm of fantasy and I want it to feel like a video game. There is no specific playstyle culture kits cater to unless you love to play real life or want to see your culture in game.

I expected these kits to bring more weird and wacky!! Realistic as well as other worldly gameplay or wild CAS. Bust the dust was a good start and I expected to see more like it.

But everything so far has been pretty safe and basic (to me). I still like the idea behind kits though.
    Maybe I'm crazy but things like trash plants, meatwalls, cowplants, dumpster diving, chicken growing plants I saw in ts3🤣 are the kind of things that makes it the sims. I have one of my evil vampires growing trash plants for a living so he can feed trash fruit to other sims. Never get enough of that 😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    I like kits. I like the content & price we have, but I wish the amount was different. (I.e I want less kits, more expansions)l)
    I like most of the kits except Bust the Dust, yuk. :s However, they shouldn't replace Expansion Packs & Gameplay Packs.
    Badly done Devs.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,127 Member
    I am neutral about kits. I neither strong like or strongly dislike.
    I don't love them or hate them.

They're just not on the top of my list to buy. I haven't bought a single one, and I'm not really planning to. Some of them are pretty well made but I'm not interested in more stuff, I want gameplay, and no vacuuming isn't my personal idea of gameplay. That being said, if we ever got a world kit (highly unlikely), I may consider buying that.

I also don't want kits to go away either. I know many in the community like them. They're just not for me.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • PenganaPengana Posts: 2 New Member
    I like kits. I like the price & amount, but I wish the content was different. (I.e want more gameplay)
    Personally I'm okay with the kits, they are like the filler between things. However I believe we are getting a little silly with them. I loved the first one that added dust, because that added a little gameplay to the game, but the others not so much. I brought them because I liked the style of the clothing but....5 euro for plants....I'll skip that thanks, and the menswear that is coming out...I'll skip that as well.

Now if the plants added a little gameplay like, your houseplants now grow and need watering, great I'd get it, but I don't think it does.

I know 5 euro for kits is cheap, and I like the price, but I'm done wasting my money, I made the mistake with the starwars pack....never again.
  • j_nellyj_nelly Posts: 20 Member
    I have 5 packs so far (countryside kitchen, bust the dust, courtyard oasis, country kitchen & blooming rooms - thinking about buying the Incheon arrivals but don't want to get into the habit of paying all the time for some new outfits. I'll likely not buy the new one coming out in December - I voted for liking them but wanting more gameplay but do feel now I'm happy to wait to get in game improvements to gameplay/ expansions.
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    I don't think they are responsible for the lack of new packs, more that they exist because the next pack is a longer way off. Mainly due to the fact that all but one of the kits have been purely build and cas assets: things that require artists, but not programmers, developers or engineers. One can assume these are working on something else, whether it is updates, packs or refreshes.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The themes or content in the packs has been horrible for the most part and not anything I'd want in my game. I don't want a game for 2 year old's where dust is actually bunnies or to pay $5 for 80/90s clothing which are recolors of outfits we had but in hideous colors and horrible above the ankle pants that look exactly like what we have already and I surely don't want my male Sims walking around in dresses so yeah the content in the kits has been horrible.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I'm fairly neutral about kits, but still think that "I don't like them because of the content" is the most fitting poll option for me because I would actually buy them if their content was more to my liking.

"Bust the Dust" seemed cool at first, but I decided against getting it after players reported the many issues they had with both its bugs and features. The next one that caught my eye was "Modern Menswear", before most of the clothes turned out to be either not very modern or not very manly. I also think there's an overabundance of build kits, which don't interest me because I hate building. As a result, I haven't bought a single kit so far.

I could also argue for "I don't like kits because of the amount", because it does seem like we're only getting kits lately and not much else.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I do not like kits, because of the amount.
    I would rather have Stuff Packs.
    I don't think I will buy anymore unless it is offering something truly awesome that will make a significant difference in my game.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    seriously though, HOW many kits are we going to get. It is getting ridiculous.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited November 2021
    Other: I do not like kits because they seem to get in the way of bigger packs like game packs and expansion packs. AND I think they're too expensive/not enough content. But I still get the CAS packs because I always need more CAS, don't need the BB kits however.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    I don't really feel strongly one way or the other. I kind of like them because it's so easy to skip those that I don't want and avoid over bloating my game without feeling like I'm missing something. On the other hand, spending $20 on Kits doesn't mean I've received the equivalent of a Game Pack either. Although, I don't really expect to, so there's that.

Also, I spend a lot of time in CAS, I could be somewhat categorized as a "stylist" player I guess, so when there's a kit that contains styles that inspire me or that I really want, I have no problem dropping $5 on it because I know I'll use it. And if I don't, it's not much of a waste. With some of these kits, I can see why they weren't in larger packs and I think that's fine because, for instance, I did not want more household chores in my game, so if the dust feature and vacuuming came in a larger pack, I'd be frustrated. I like that I don't have to have it, but that it's there for the people who want more chores. Both types of players get their way.

In addition, I feel that kits were made for two reasons. First, for covering very small themes that don't even fill a Stuff Pack or would just take up valuable space in a larger pack. Themes that some players want but others might not. Simple wardrobes, a specific room set, a focused game function. Second, like the devs have said, they are for filling in gaps when there is content drought. And since the devs have been focusing a lot more on big patches and free content for us and tweaking the game to try to make it better, I think Kits are a great way to pass the time in between patches so it doesn't feel like the game has been abandoned and the players forgotten. They buy time for the devs to do what they need to and still keep us invested, for the most part.
    #Team Occult
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    I've yet to buy any. The only kits that interest me are the recent plant kit and the Incheon ones. Do I actually want to spend any money on them when I can just download CC for free to put in my game? That's what I'm asking myself.
    I think I'd much rather save and then spend my money on expansion or stuff packs. The kits seem to offer very little interaction and game play.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    They are way too pricey for me. They cost a half of a stuff pack but they are way smaller then a half of a stuff pack.
    They are all about CAS and b&b objects. I want gameplay though.

It is easy to avoid them. I am not missing out on anything. I don't have to waste money.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,172 Member
    not a fan of the kits simply because of the number of them they are throwing out , without really making any effort to make them stand out .

they all seem to me to be a random clump of objects or clothing with were not good enough to fit into packs . Ie the latest one with mini skirts for men , I do NOT want my random townie males wandering round town in skirts
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I do not like kits because of the price.
    I actually dislike kits in all the ways listed, but their price for the amount of content is a particular rub for me.

EA said kits wouldn't get in the way of the creation of other packs. But the sheer number being pushed out at high speed tells me that they would very much like to use them in place of Stuff Packs because they're so easy to make. No gameplay required, just glorified CC. Effectively themed bundles from the Sims Store.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    The price is about the same as a cup of coffee at the shop my daughter and I stop into on the way to dropping her at work, so I don't mind that. If it's something I want, I'll get it and if it's not, then I won't. I only currently own two of them, Country Kitchen and Industrial Loft. I'll probably get the Courtyard Oasis one eventually.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member

I actually dislike kits for all of the reasons listed in the poll. Nine kits in ten months is way too many. Moreover, as I previously mentioned in another similar thread:
    1. I feel that kits are overpriced for the amount of content that they offer.
    2. I hate how spliced Sims 4 content has become with EPs, GPs, SPs & now kits. With the upcoming menswear kit, TS4 will have 48 DLCs. With that many available packs, TS4 should not still be missing desired features. It should already have all of the prior content of TS1, TS2, & TS3 combined & more.
    3. IMHO the amount of content in a kit is too small to be compelling. Due to their "bite sized" nature, a kit concept will always seem lacking in some respect to me. I would much rather see ideas fully fleshed out in a larger pack.
  • MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    Nothing interested me. They're all little stuff they dropped off a proper DLC or another.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I like having the option to buy a smaller pack like the kit as I can add to my game without spending more money and ignore the ones I don't care for. That being said, I miss the stuff packs. I think after Nifty Knitting and Paranormal Stuff packs, EA raised the bar of what simmers will expect in the future from the stuff packs, as both packs added quite a bit to the game, including gameplay. I have to wonder if they thought the stuff packs expectations would be higher than they would like as it was after Paranormal that we stopped getting stuff packs and ended up with so many kits. I would like to see a better balance between offering stuff packs and kits. I would prefer more stuff packs overall as they add more to the game, but am not against kits as they also add things to my game for less.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I do not dislike them but I rather spend 4.99 more and get more stuff from an stuff pack. most of the stuff does not add to game play it is just an item to me. I feel this in some way lengthens the wait for packs and how they will make more money and keep Sims 4 running for those 4 to 10 years more while not adding better features, so no kits for me.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    I would rather just have one big pack centered around a single theme, than all these scattered bits and pieces that don't mix well with each other.